Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Should Emphasis Be Laid More On The Attitude Towards Giving Or The Seed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Emphasis Be Laid More On The Attitude Towards Giving Or The Seed (470 Views)

Matthew Ashimolowo To Benny Hinn “return The Seed You Took" / Jonathan Shuttlesworth: "Bishop Oyedepo Laid Hands On Me & I Got $1.1m After" / Apostle Johnson Suleman Forgives Stephanie Otobo, Reverses All Curses Laid On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Emphasis Be Laid More On The Attitude Towards Giving Or The Seed by CecyAdrian(f): 11:03am On Mar 19, 2017
How come churches don't preach more about the attitude/ state of mind towards giving instead of more emphasis that is always being laid on the substance(seed) that's being given. An event In the bible made us see how Jesus reprimanded the pharisees because of the manner/attitude in which they gave offering in the temple but elevated that of the poor widow who gave the smallest of all.

It doesn't really matter how much you give or if you even have to give, what should matter is how willing and freely you give even if you don't have enough for yourself. These days in church, Men of God even stylishly threaten people with the wrath of God should one not give a high quality substance, it shouldn't be that way. I think and feel Men of God should look more into the attitude,state of mind towards giving.

When you give, give not because someone is forcing you or because you see it as a rule or obligation, or you are doing it to fulfill a scripture verse or seek attention, rather give because you desire to give, give because your spirit and heart rejoices and uplifts when you do.

Despite the fact that giving offering is biblical and heavenly accepted, if you give so the sack of giving or give grumbling, if you like give the best and highest of all gifts, God will not accept it.

Why is this so, some even go spiritual and prophetic e.g like saying the Lord said the 10 people that will give so and so will benefit this and that?

1 Like

Re: Should Emphasis Be Laid More On The Attitude Towards Giving Or The Seed by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 19, 2019
Such concept, many shape, so simple

(1) (Reply)

I Show You A More Excellent Way. / To All My Fellow Jehovah Witnesses, Do Not Be Deceived. / My Thought About Science And Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.