Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) (17434 Views)

Inec’s Role In Labour Party’s Crisis: A Threat To The 2019 Elections, / The Fulani Crisis: Communal Violence & Radicalization, A Warning to Nigeria / Tiv And Fulani Clash In Taraba. 18 People Killed, Others Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by BudeYahooCom: 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
Ajgal10:
Oh yeaaa...in 2008 as a lagos butter pikin, my grandma decided to take me through same adventure when i went to Makurdi. From Northbank market we embarked on this journey to Rukubi on bike. Rukubi is a border community under Doma LGA in Nassarawa state. And it ws the most historic moment of my life as i travelled through the banks of River Benue. There were times we stopped over to cross water by foot. The fulanis na anoda story. The market day experience and how i saw so much fresh fish and food in the forest city. It was a memorable one. Sadly a few years ago in 2014, i learnt the fulani monsters struck and pulled down all those communities i had visited, leaving littered corpse and old folks. This is the Benue story indeed.

I don't pity Tiv as they go through hell in hands of fulanis. In my opinion I think they deserve it. Some of the most terrible soldiers who slaughtered innocent Eastern women and children in 67-70 were Tivs.

There is a video of a Tiv soldier tying up an unarmed Biafran and shooting him to death during the war on youtube.

Any Easterner who sheds a drop of tear for Tivs is ignorant of important history. If Tivs go into extinction, it will be pure karma.

7 Likes

Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Ajgal10(f): 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

I don't pity Tiv as they go through hell in hands of fulanis. In my opinion I think they deserve it. Some of the moat terrible soldiers who slaughters innocent Eastern women and children in 67-70 were Tivs.

What is this one saying? Biko gerarrahere mbok
Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by DrGoodman: 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

I don't pity Tiv as they go through hell in hands of fulanis. In my opinion I think they deserve it. Some of the moat terrible soldiers who slaughters innocent Eastern women and children in 67-70 were Tivs.

Let's see if we can forgive them. Only that they have refuse to apologize.
Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by BudeYahooCom: 3:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
DrGoodman:

Let's see if we can forgive them. Only that they have refuse to apologize.

There is nothing to forgive, some of them are still proud of the atrocities they commited in 67'. Even if we do, Karma will still do it's job. You can't slaughter innocent women and children and expect to sleep well at night just like that. Natural justice won't allow that.

It's even one of the metaphysical reasons why Nigeria WILL NEVER MOVE FORWARD BUT CONTINUE TO DETERIORATE UNTIL IT'S EVENTUAL CAPITULATION WHICH IS CERTAIN TO COME. You can quote me anywhere.

6 Likes

Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by BudeYahooCom: 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
Ajgal10:

What is this one saying? Biko gerarrahere mbok

My point has been made already. You can bury your head like an ostrich, your cup of tea.

2 Likes

Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by lozairio(m): 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

There is nothing to forgive, some of them are still proud of the atrocities they commited in 67'. Even if we do, Karma will still do it's job. You can't slaughter innocent women and children and expect to sleep well at night just like that. Natural justice won't allow that.

It's even one of the metaphysical reasons why Nigeria WILL NEVER MOVE FORWARD BUT CONTINUE TO DETERIORATE UNTIL IT'S EVENTUAL CAPITULATION WHICH IS CERTAIN TO COME. You can quote me anywhere.
Bros you are well informed and you see beyond the physical

5 Likes

Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
Sleekyshuga:

As you've met yours?

Pighead.
Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Pedropa: 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

I personally hold lazy and often unprofessional reporting by a biased media responsible for much of this exaggeration; and also local political and religious champions who twist the crisis to whip up hatred and more divisions among Nigerians in order to remain relevant and for other selfish reasons - FFK, Suleiman etc come to mind.

ok. Now that they've become land owners with the TIV's is what you want all over Nigeria so that you will establish your caliphates and Islam here and there.

God forbid you guys

1 Like

Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Sleekyshuga(f): 4:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
01Alpha:
slave get off my mention!!!
**peeps at the Display Picture of one who calls me a slave**

Buhahahahahaha grin!! Holy Christ!! Joker of the month..

Now, I see where your frustrations are coming from. You can't afford a decent shirt not to talk of a meal.

Or wait!! What's that cheap, low esteemed stunt you pulled on your DP that even a dog can't droll at?

You are wasted!!

1 Like

Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 09, 2017
Sleekyshuga:

**peeps at the Display Picture of one who calls me a slave**

Buhahahahahaha grin!! Holy Christ!! Joker of the month..

Now, I see where your frustrations are coming from. You can't afford a decent shirt not to talk of a meal.

Or wait!! What's that cheap, low esteemed stunt you pulled on your DP that even a dog can't droll at?

You are wasted!!
As predicted you were quick to rush to my DP just for cheap point...hahahahahaha by the way , your makeup is toomuch and you could be mistaken for a cheap slut...

You could actually pass for a local comedian if not for your stale jokes...

Anyway i think its high time we stop all the insults and act mature ma'am...but due to your arrogant nature I know you won't accept a defect but trust me I won't reply you again if its comes with insult.

2 Likes

Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by iKnowevents(m): 4:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
EazyMoh:
Nice one OP the crisis between Fulani herdsmen and farmers tends to always be exaggerated and misrepresented. Many wouldn't believe these people still inter marry and live peacefully together on most occasions for the better part of time. The crisis are only from time to time. But the way things are reported it makes it seem as if the moment a Fulani herdsmen sights a farmer the next thing is killing and vice versa. Like Boko Haram and JTF.
Again if I may ask, have you seen any herdsmen with an AK47 or any firearm? Because I have never seen one in my entire life!

When I hear some people talk, I remember what I have read about some Germans that denied the fact that, "Holocaust" happened.

Read well and see where he wrote that the Tivs have allowed the Herdsmen to do whatever they wish with their herd in their farms, because of the level of terrorism the Fulani Herdsmen unleashed on them when they opposed the evil behaviour in the past.

I guess that spells out peace. Terrorism induced peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Smartademu(m): 5:22pm On Apr 09, 2017
Tiv land has been colonized by the fulani, what a pity! embarassed
Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Sleekyshuga(f): 5:26pm On Apr 09, 2017
01Alpha:
As predicted you were quick to rush to my DP just for cheap point...hahahahahaha by the way , your makeup is toomuch and you could be mistaken for a cheap slut..
Quick to rush? I was only bothered about the uncouth phool who jumped on my mention to hurl insults cos I stated an obvious fact. After peeping at the dump, then I realized you weren't worth my time but that doesn't mean I will sit back and watch you say shits to me.

About my make up, you have been around ladies who use cheap ones so much that you cannot differentiate something classy when you see one.

And yeah, having sluts as sisters (cheap ones as well) made you decipher one quickly.

You could actually pass for a local comedian if not for your stale jokes..
A local comedian you can't ever stand in her face to talk. Of course, my kiddo will be the right person to cane you. NL giving chipmunks freedom to spew trash.

Anyway i think its high time we stop all the insults and act mature ma'am...but due to your arrogant nature I know you won't accept a defect but trust me I won't reply you again if its comes with insult.
And a self idiot who throws the first bait labels me arrogant all because he wants to chicken out? Weren't you thinking when you tried shoving your dead opinion down my throat or referring to me as a slave?

Get a decent shirt, meal and go study for the upcoming JAMB..

And YES, I will reply you over and over again if I get any stupid mention from you again.

Dumb f**k!!
Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
Sleekyshuga:

Quick to rush? I was only bothered about the uncouth phool who jumped on my mention to hurl insults cos I stated an obvious fact. After peeping at the dump, then I realized you weren't worth my time but that doesn't mean I will sit back and watch you say shits to me.

About my make up, you have been around ladies who use cheap ones so much that you cannot differentiate something classy when you see one.

And yeah, having sluts as sisters made you decipher one quickly.

A local comedian you can't ever stand in her face to talk. Of course, my kiddo will be the right person to cane you. NL giving chipmunks freedom to spew trash.

And a self idiot who throws the first bait labels me arrogant all because he wants to chicken out? Weren't you thinking when you tried shoving your dead opinion down my throat or referring to me as a slave?

Get a decent shirt, meal and go study for the upcoming JAMB..

And YES, I will reply you over and over again if I get any stupid mention from you again.

Dumb f**k!!
lol

4 Likes

Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by ioranum(m): 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2017
You are a good writer
Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Joey82(m): 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2017
ioranum:
You are a good writer

thank u
Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Ngokafor(f): 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
.....The SE should not allow what has befallen the Tivs as regards the Fulani-Herdsmen to happen to them,...

..From this insightful report,its clear that the Tivs/Benue State is now a conquered and occupied territory by the Fulanis..

...A word is enough for the wise.

..@op good job...kudos.
Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Blue3k(m): 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
LogicStatement:
Look at how malnourished those cattle look! These big men who own those cattle can decide to own a ranch & employ these herdsmen to look after them in the ranch. The cattle will be well fed, big & healthier & be sold higher in price. The herdsmen too will be healthier instead of looking so thin & unkempt due to long distance trekking from north to south.
If we must develop in this nation, the big men who own this cattle who are also the learned, religious & political leaders in the north must be ready to educate & change the mindset of their people. The north is TOO backward!

They are more about lifestyle than profits. Honestly people should argue less politically about this and more business wise. When ranchers take away market share from herdsmen the war is over. The states won't care about herdsmen as much because more tax revenue can be extracted from ranchers.

1 Like

Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Amoto94(m): 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
The herdsmen/farmers clashes are often blown over the top by leaders of both sides instead of choosing the path of reconciliation and justice, they chose the path of retaliation and injustice leading to more loss of lives and properties.
In Nigeria everything is politicised and truth is sacrificed on the altar of political correctness/incorrectness.
To solve the crisis modern farming practices must be employed alongside community policing involving both sides of the divide.
Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:12pm On Apr 09, 2017
Pedropa:

ok. Now that they've become land owners with the TIV's is what you want all over Nigeria so that you will establish your caliphates and Islam here and there.

God forbid you guys

Live and let live; the Fulanis have long been making use of free virgin unsettled land, as nomadic herders, wherever they come across it throughout West Africa well before colonial days - and in this way they too have ancestral claims to these lands.
Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Joey82(m): 8:28am On Apr 10, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Live and let live; the Fulanis have long been making use of free virgin unsettled land, as nomadic herders, wherever they come across it throughout West Africa well before colonial days - and in this way they too have ancestral claims to these lands.

How do passer bys begin to claim ancestry to a land they never settled on.
Never buried any of their relatives, never set any traditional stool to build their interest, never contested or voted in any elections, paid homage to the locals as the real land owners. I find ur logic flawed.

2 Likes

Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Amoto94(m): 8:37am On Apr 10, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Your post reeks of land grabbing and intrusion. Nobody is against the herdsmen grazing peacefully but claiming the lands of others is a criminal act.
Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:47am On Apr 10, 2017
Amoto94:
Your post reeks of land grabbing and intrusion. Nobody is against the herdsmen grazing peacefully but claiming the lands of others is a criminal act.

Different perspective and different opinions for the same thing - had the Fulanis not been nomadic there rights to these grazing lands would have been more clearer.
Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:51am On Apr 10, 2017
Joey82:

How do passer bys begin to claim ancestry to a land they never settled on.
Never buried any of their relatives, never set any traditional stool to build their interest, never contested or voted in any elections, paid homage to the locals as the real land owners. I find ur logic flawed.

How do alleged settlers claim right to virgin land on which they have never controlled or settled on?
Had the Fulanis not been nomadic their rights to these grazing lands would have been more clearer.
Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Amoto94(m): 8:59am On Apr 10, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Different perspective and different opinions for the same thing - had the Fulanis not been nomadic there rights to these grazing lands would have been more clearer.
By your logic it's safe to say that the actions of Zionists in Palestine is justifiable.
I do dismiss people's claim of herdsmen clashes with farmers as a ploy to decimate the population of their hosts and change the demographics of affected areas as mere propaganda, but your submission is making me to have a rethink.
Re: Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) by Joey82(m): 10:18am On Apr 10, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

How do alleged settlers claim right to virgin land on which they have never controlled or settled on?
Had the Fulanis not been nomadic their rights to these grazing lands would have been more clearer.

Don't digress, u were talking about ancestory.
If u dont know what ancestors are, check the dictionary, its not my job to explain to u.
Settlers can claim ancestry, certainly not passer bys.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maina: Buhari Is Good Man Surrounded By Cankerworms - Dino Melaye Defends Buhari / Police Order People To Vacate Barracks Near Jos Prison / INEC: Tinubu Appoints 9 RECs, Advocate Transparent Electoral Conduct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.