Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

How Can I Make My Job Board Thrive? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can I Make My Job Board Thrive? (376 Views)

Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? / Akwa Ibom State Government Develops New Job Board Portal 'Hire A Workman' / Vacancies At National Board For Technical Education - NBTE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Make My Job Board Thrive? by IAMMUIC: 2:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
How can I make my Job Board thrive and get Agencies to advertise job vacancies on my Board?

The above question has sure brought me sleepless nights.

I've got a job board. it's just two months old by the way. I set up the board with the mindset that in no time, with enough publicity of the existence of my Job Board, Agencies and Firms in Nigeria would use my platform as a means to advertise and publicize job openings within their ranks.

Every minute, I check my mail box to see if I've been contacted by any individual or agency interested in utilizing my services, but I get nothing from nobody, regardless of the fact that I let them know that I'm ready to offer my services for free. It kinda gets me confused.

Now the thing is this I set up this job board not to be a place of inactivity but a place where employers could post jobs and reach a vast number of Nigerians, and job seekers would also be able to visit, find jobs and be able to apply for jobs.

It's really wearing me out that nobody's interested in utilizing my platform and services, so, I thought I could come here(Nairaland) lay bare my plight on how best I could better my job board in terms of helping it gain acceptance, and hear what y'all would have to say to that.

Your opinions mean so much to me.
Re: How Can I Make My Job Board Thrive? by uboma(m): 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2017
You have got to invest your heart, soul and mind into your job portal first before anyone will take notice of it. Regularly look out for recent and genuine job adverts and post same on your portal.

Companies will only reach out to you to advertise their products and services when you have a good number of steady clicks/views.

Yours is just 2 months old but you are already complaining. Success doesn't come easy bro.

I have something similar in the pipeline. it is still work in progress.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make My Job Board Thrive? by IAMMUIC: 6:15am On Mar 20, 2017
uboma:
You have got to invest your heart, soul and mind into your job portal first before anyone will take notice of it. Regularly look out for recent and genuine job adverts and post same on your portal.

Companies will only reach out to you to advertise their products and services when you have a good number of steady clicks/views.

Yours is just 2 months old but you are already complaining. Success doesn't come easy bro.

I have something similar in the pipeline. it is still work in progress.

Thank you so much bro

(1) (Reply)

Home Lesson Teacher Within Zaria / Lawyers Urgently Needed In A Reputable Law Firm / Qs Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.