Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna (12211 Views)

Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) / Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa / Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by wellmax(m): 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2017
anonimi:

.....after paying off the Fulani herdsmen to keep calm and stop killing innocent Christians

How does your rant relate to this commendable move.
You must be living a miserable life of hate.
Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by Obere4u: 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
anonimi:

........which was UNNECESSARY.
That is what we get from a vision-less federal government run by a dullard for two years.

And did we get from the more visionary federal government of the past?
Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by Obere4u: 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
anonimi:

That is what we get from a vision-less federal government run by a dullard for two years.

And what did we get from the more visionary federal government of the past?
Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by anonimi: 5:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
Obere4u:
And what did we get from the more visionary federal government of the past?

Was that not why they were changed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4257139_mumuhamadu_jpeg8f5b75be4e14a3d41f9327e6532cd03c

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by ALAYORMII: 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
Southern Kaduna
Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by anonimi: 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2017
wellmax:
How does your rant relate to this commendable move.
You must be living a miserable life of hate.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5004340_fbimg1489440757314_jpeg6d2faa282776090b2551dd4c064c34a8

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
most importantly, it should give directions for travellers to avoid conflict zones while their governor is running a PhD programme in London during his tenure.
Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2017
nex:
Transit options, passenger guide and tourist information at your fingertips. The Kaduna State Government announces the launch of its travel information website, Travel Thru Kaduna (www.travelthrukaduna.com).

The site has been designed to provide easy access to information for passengers about the transit options available to and from Kaduna, hotel information and local attractions in the state.

“It became necessary to make sure that travellers through Kaduna were made aware of the many options for them to reach their destinations despite worries about the diversion to Kaduna” said Muyiwa Adekeye, Special Adviser on Media to the Governor of Kaduna State, Governor El-Rufai.

“We want to assure them that we are doing everything to ensure a pleasant, safe and stress-free transition regardless of their mode of transfer”.

The Travel Thru Kaduna website brings you regularly updated travel information for all modes of transit from the Kaduna Airport to the Abuja Airport.

Created with the user experience firmly in mind, the website has been designed to provide quick, sharp information on the go even from mobile devices.

SOURCE: http://www.barbaric.com.ng/kaduna-state-launches-traveller-information-website-travelthrukaduna
Only intelligent fellows will underhand that our dear government has scammed us with the kaduna airport. There are many runways which could have been used in abuja airport, whilst the bad ones are being fixed . Apart from these, there is a local wing of the airport which has good runways. Just wondering why they refused to make use of them. The local airport had been undergoing renovation since the last govt was in power yet, they couldn't speed up the exercise in case there were still areas that required some finishing touches. This wouldn't have cost them up to half of what they spent on kaduna airport upgrade and this is a proof that elrufai is indeed on the kitchen cabinet and cabal list in aso rock. They just wanted to upgrade the kaduna airport to international standard so they too would boast of one, even if the govt isn't getting returns on what they invested there, in the long run. They didn't mention completion of the renovation work at the local wing of the abuja airport throughout their preparations towards moving the airport to kaduna...for this government to convince nigerians that they're not playing on our intelligence, they should also do same upgrade to all the international airports in the country, including the ever-busy MMIA in no time because what's sauce for the goose is sauce foe the gander

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
reyscrub:
Good development to the state.

By now, the business nature of the state will have picked up so much as many people will be building more hotels, shopping mall, recreation centre, tourism, accommodation, services etc due to the temporary hosting of Abuja international airport.

I suggest that let some key giant agency in few state in Nigeria be temporarily be hosting in other state to boost their business nature like Lagos International airport be brought to Ekiti state, CBN head quarter in Abuja be brought to Osun State, NNPC in Port Harcourt be brought to Kogi, Tinker port & Custom clearing port in Lagos be brought to Ondo State etc.

Plis my fellow erudite nairalander, am I representing your view well to develop all state in Nigeria?

Lol, i see what you did there
Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by DisGuy: 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2017
anonimi:

any reason why it wasnt done earlier by the gov run by the sagacious gentleman of the people?
Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by DisGuy: 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2017
reyscrub:
Good development to the state.

By now, the business nature of the state will have picked up so much as many people will be building more hotels, shopping mall, recreation centre, tourism, accommodation, services etc due to the temporary hosting of Abuja international airport.

I suggest that let some key giant agency in few state in Nigeria be temporarily be hosting in other state to boost their business nature like Lagos International airport be brought to Ekiti state, CBN head quarter in Abuja be brought to Osun State, NNPC in Port Harcourt be brought to Kogi, Tinker port & Custom clearing port in Lagos be brought to Ondo State etc.

Plis my fellow erudite nairalander, am I representing your view well to develop all state in Nigeria?
you will actually start a business or build hotels based on a temporary diversion?

bro u no represent my own views...Certainly dont need a rep that cant shake off fed govt
Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by Olyboy16(m): 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2017
Tazdroid:
This is a great development considering the current state of things in Kaduna

**modified**

Just opened the site, it's quite user friendly and has a beautiful home page

I hope say them no use millions of tax payers' naira build the site like one super minister do one time like that

what do u expect... in Nigeria, if your bid's budget doesn't go atleast 70% in excess of the actual amounts; you automatically loose the contract!

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by toshmann(m): 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
I hope they will let is know when the fulani cattle terrorists are coming.

Hope there will be terror warning like weather people warn us on tv.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by ABOKI9ja: 7:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
Haters won't like this.
Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by Ibime(m): 7:58pm On Mar 19, 2017
The website should also let us know which areas to avoid so we don't encounter herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by DisGuy: 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2017
awelekiti:
Only intelligent fellows.......There are many runways which could have been used in abuja airport, whilst the bad ones are being fixed . Apart from these, there is a local wing of the airport which has good runways.

there are many runways in abuja? Chei Chei Chei intelligent fellow

Local wing? in abuja

bros have you used airports in Nigeria at all
Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
DisGuy:

Local wing? in abuja

Yea. Both the local and international wings I abuja. In case the international wing's runway was faulty, why not use the local wing's? I've travelled severally on the local wing before it was closed for repairs. It's runways were not bad at all. The overhaul of the airport could have been sped up so the runways could be put to use

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by teebillz: 11:44pm On Mar 19, 2017
Just another wordpress website. I hope this one didn't cost tax payers 75 million too.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 19, 2017
DisGuy:

Local wing? in abuja

So you don't know there's a local wing in abuja airport? Maybe you didn't notice it because you always by pass it. The runways are good, according to a reliable source. Maybe the politician handling the repair contract is too powerful to challenge because the job has been delayed for too long. Nothing is going on there and I'm wondering why... especially each time I'm driven past the place. The govt could have just completed the repairs and make it available for use, instead of moving people to and from kaduna airport. It's being penny wise pound foolish. The inconvenience is unexplainable and that's one of the reasons major international flights have declined to operate kaduna airport

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by anonimi: 1:46am On Mar 20, 2017
DisGuy:
any reason why it wasnt done earlier by the gov run by the sagacious gentleman of the people?

Do you mean Ebola Owu who fcvked our mandate away for eight years while sleeping on duty
Yet he almost got a third term and has since been installing the three presidents after him?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829397_screenshot201412071133571_jpeg8e776d1183226bc80c2560544562a452

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by anonimi: 1:51am On Mar 20, 2017
Olyboy16:
what do u expect... in Nigeria, if your bid's budget doesn't go at least 70% in excess of the actual amounts; you are automatically loose the contract!

This IMPOSSIBLE under the corruption-fighting regime of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (ret).
It is not possible in this CHANGE administration. grin shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2529890_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829596_img6325197050325_jpeg_jpeg61db8b350e65ada0da8fdf4018fb03e4

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna by DisGuy: 11:48am On Mar 20, 2017
awelekiti:
So you don't know there's a local wing in abuja airport? Maybe you didn't notice it because you always by pass it. The runways are good, according to a reliable source. Maybe the politician handling the repair contract is too powerful to challenge because the job has been delayed for too long. Nothing is going on there and I'm wondering why... especially each time I'm driven past the place. The govt could have just completed the repairs and make it available for use, instead of moving people to and from kaduna airport. It's being penny wise pound foolish. The inconvenience is unexplainable and that's one of the reasons major international flights have declined to operate kaduna airport

I am aware there's a military wing, but it certainly not a full fledged runway!! Not long enough for normal airline services.

How come during all these discussions the airlines never mentioned using this other runway you talk about

reliable anonymous source knows more than the airlines who threatened to stop flying into Abuja airpory unless the runway was repaired?

The repairs are needed everywhere on the tarmac. not on the side or at one end its riddled with craters .

Thought that's what they are doing now

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Travel Home This December. / Getting Married In Europe / Ukrainian Embassy Visa Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.