Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? (5227 Views)

Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism / OAU Suspends Six Students Indefinitely Over Allegations Of Cultism / Cultism 1 - Definition Of Cultism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by mrnwas(m): 3:25pm On Mar 19, 2017
Silence…

Shhhhhhhhhh….

Its a gathering, a religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or fame, with its followers often living in an uncontroversial manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.

That’s the dictionary meaning of the word cultism, and to me it has gone beyond the days of the Ayes and the Pyrates as persay.

Cultism today has developed a new phase which of course is no much different from the definition above and in this I wish to throw more light on.

The founding fathers of cultism in Nigerian today, would sit back and smile at what it has become, others like my able laureate Wole Soyinka as a learned man would understand the adverse effects of his good intentions back in 1952 in the University Of Ibadan and frown bitterly because so many souls, the innocent and the guilty have been lost or killed for the sake of the word “Cultism”

Today, Cultism has become a new thing in the Nigerian society and what pains me more is the rate at which this new phase is generally accepted and respected in every home.

Our youths no longer says welcome to the good things, to the good names and to the degrees. They only want to enjoy the gift of this new cult and I still say its not worth the attention it currently gets in our society.

The new phase of cultism is so admired by all simply because of the good things that is believed to come with it.

The leaders of this cult are not those in 1952, its simply those that are seen as bosses or Oga in the game. Wait in the game of what? Game of pretence and stealing?

You hear Johnson caught his new car, Toyota Spider and your every sanity vanishes from your head. You see him build house for his papa and mummy and you suddenly want to explode.

Your every good mentality suddenly drops and you want to hit his wall, house or phone in order to blend in. Now he actually picks your call and you go straight to the point.

“Make they carry me along naa”, you demand to be carried along, to be updated with the current trends in the cult and if his mind allows, he invites you to his spot.

Buy some high profile cognacs, BBQ and assorted kinds of booz and your day is made. Oboy this guy na blast.

You’ve probably touched the heavens and no one reach you again.

Now you’ve tasted the cult, the next thing you wanna do is blend of be blended into the system and so you look for money from every corner and hit the plaza or the mall to do some shopping (Buying Laptops for Yahoo = being blended into the cult)

After the shopping you want to buy the uniform too, may be regalia is a better word for it. And so you

Walk into a Barbara shop,

Dies your hair black
Grow some dreads, after a few weeks of sleeplessness, you catch Your own Toyota spider, Drink a lot of codeine (The favorite drug of the members), take a lot of weed, hit the jewelry shop and get some gold chains or mimics, you buy that Trending Nike Slippers, get your own tattoo on the face and get one or 2 piercing.

Now you’re a bonafide member of cult, you’re trending, you’ve been with the bosses and you’re recognized.

You buy their favorite smartphone brand (iPhone), you now get a very cool hotel where you spend most of your night.

You actually speak and text like all members do and you begin to hit on girls like your bosses do, if you’re not careful enough, you’re introduced to the “Plus” version of the cult and this time a human sacrifice becomes necessary.

They ask for one or 2 members of your family, probably your mum or any other person the juju could work for. Its called “Washing of hands” and you’re big boy now.

The money keeps coming, you stay real to the cult and you’re a big boy. You hit the clubs and buy the expensive brands of wine, probably 300,000 every night and you’re good with the girls.

You’re on Facebook only to do one thing “Seek the innocent white women” and scam the hell out of them and you think you’re going to make heaven?

The cult is growing fast and so other new ones are introduced to you. They call you boss and you think you’re really a good boss.

Look you’re just a thieve, you’re a cultist and you are among the many thieves that have spoiled the name of this country, even if they don’t know you’re a Nigerian, you’re one and you’re the reason why I was called a scam in Jamaica.

You’ve made it hard for Nigerians to walk into a Club or a shop and but with their cash because the cash (Dollar, euro, dinar, pounds has to be scanned to ensure its not fake, yet a little boy walks in with his bill, buys and walks away without his notes check simply because you’ve made the world believe there is every bit of scamming in our gene.

You’ve made it almost hard for an average honest Nigerian to secure a job abroad because you’ve so spoiled the name “Nigerian” to the extent that even illiterates now frowns at the average educated Nigerian youth out there.

This is the cult and it is trending now, but that’s selfish though cos you’re happy for your own pocket.

Not really here to criticize the actual cultism, I respect everyman for his religion and culture but this new phase of cultism is what I frown at cos its caused me a lot of pain.

Can’t even make a friend from outside Nigeria here on Facebook without having to explain how clean I am from scamming.

Please feel free to leave your comments and suggestions

http://www.richardnwachukwu.com.ng/new-phase-cultism-nigeria-today/

©MrPinner 2017

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by Jozavic(m): 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
What can i say?

I've never meet a 'yahoo-boy' as they are called before, but i know there are really tainting Nigeria Image to the world.

There is this forum i visit sometimes and there is this ongoing joke about Nigrrians. When you tell someone you are a Nigerian, they'll ask if you are "a prince"? or "thier cousin"?... Its crazy how the world sees all Nigerians as scammers while most of us had never ever cheated someone or even lied on the internet smiley SMH...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by ovaRAYted(m): 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2017
oga goaan sleep

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by mrnwas(m): 4:06pm On Mar 19, 2017
Jozavic:
What can i say?

I've never meet a 'yahoo-boy' as they are called before, but i know there are really tainting Nigeria Image to the world.

There is this forum i visit sometimes and there is this ongoing joke about Nigrrians. When you tell someone you are a Nigerian, they'll ask if you are "a prince"? or "thier cousin"?... Its crazy how the world sees all Nigerians as scammers while most of us had never ever cheated someone or even lied on the internet smiley SMH...

Dear Jozavic
Thanks for your observation
The thing is really disheartening you know and i wish there is something that can be done about it

4 Likes

Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by mrnwas(m): 4:06pm On Mar 19, 2017
ovaRAYted:
oga goaan sleep

Because you're either one of them or has someone who's made so much from it?

5 Likes

Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by ovaRAYted(m): 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2017
mrnwas:

Because you're either one of them or has someone who's made so much from it?

come and knock me
Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by Freeman147(m): 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
mrnwas:
Silence…

Shhhhhhhhhh….

Its a gathering, a religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or fame, with its followers often living in an uncontroversial manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.

That’s the dictionary meaning of the word cultism, and to me it has gone beyond the days of the Ayes and the Pyrates as persay.

Cultism today has developed a new phase which of course is no much different from the definition above and in this I wish to throw more light on.

The founding fathers of cultism in Nigerian today, would sit back and smile at what it has become, others like my able laureate Wole Soyinka as a learned man would understand the adverse effects of his good intentions back in 1952 in the University Of Ibadan and frown bitterly because so many souls, the innocent and the guilty have been lost or killed for the sake of the word “Cultism”

Today, Cultism has become a new thing in the Nigerian society and what pains me more is the rate at which this new phase is generally accepted and respected in every home.

Our youths no longer says welcome to the good things, to the good names and to the degrees. They only want to enjoy the gift of this new cult and I still say its not worth the attention it currently gets in our society.

The new phase of cultism is so admired by all simply because of the good things that is believed to come with it.

The leaders of this cult are not those in 1952, its simply those that are seen as bosses or Oga in the game. Wait in the game of what? Game of pretence and stealing?

You hear Johnson caught his new car, Toyota Spider and your every sanity vanishes from your head. You see him build house for his papa and mummy and you suddenly want to explode.

Your every good mentality suddenly drops and you want to hit his wall, house or phone in order to blend in. Now he actually picks your call and you go straight to the point.

“Make they carry me along naa”, you demand to be carried along, to be updated with the current trends in the cult and if his mind allows, he invites you to his spot.

Buy some high profile cognacs, BBQ and assorted kinds of booz and your day is made. Oboy this guy na blast.

You’ve probably touched the heavens and no one reach you again.

Now you’ve tasted the cult, the next thing you wanna do is blend of be blended into the system and so you look for money from every corner and hit the plaza or the mall to do some shopping (Buying Laptops for Yahoo = being blended into the cult)

After the shopping you want to buy the uniform too, may be regalia is a better word for it. And so you

Walk into a Barbara shop,

Dies your hair black
Grow some dreads, after a few weeks of sleeplessness, you catch Your own Toyota spider, Drink a lot of codeine (The favorite drug of the members), take a lot of weed, hit the jewelry shop and get some gold chains or mimics, you buy that Trending Nike Slippers, get your own tattoo on the face and get one or 2 piercing.

Now you’re a bonafide member of cult, you’re trending, you’ve been with the bosses and you’re recognized.

You buy their favorite smartphone brand (iPhone), you now get a very cool hotel where you spend most of your night.

You actually speak and text like all members do and you begin to hit on girls like your bosses do, if you’re not careful enough, you’re introduced to the “Plus” version of the cult and this time a human sacrifice becomes necessary.

They ask for one or 2 members of your family, probably your mum or any other person the juju could work for. Its called “Washing of hands” and you’re big boy now.

The money keeps coming, you stay real to the cult and you’re a big boy. You hit the clubs and buy the expensive brands of wine, probably 300,000 every night and you’re good with the girls.

You’re on Facebook only to do one thing “Seek the innocent white women” and scam the hell out of them and you think you’re going to make heaven?

The cult is growing fast and so other new ones are introduced to you. They call you boss and you think you’re really a good boss.

Look you’re just a thieve, you’re a cultist and you are among the many thieves that have spoiled the name of this country, even if they don’t know you’re a Nigerian, you’re one and you’re the reason why I was called a scam in Jamaica.

You’ve made it hard for Nigerians to walk into a Club or a shop and but with their cash because the cash (Dollar, euro, dinar, pounds has to be scanned to ensure its not fake, yet a little boy walks in with his bill, buys and walks away without his notes check simply because you’ve made the world believe there is every bit of scamming in our gene.

You’ve made it almost hard for an average honest Nigerian to secure a job abroad because you’ve so spoiled the name “Nigerian” to the extent that even illiterates now frowns at the average educated Nigerian youth out there.

This is the cult and it is trending now, but that’s selfish though cos you’re happy for your own pocket.

Not really here to criticize the actual cultism, I respect everyman for his religion and culture but this new phase of cultism is what I frown at cos its caused me a lot of pain.

Can’t even make a friend from outside Nigeria here on Facebook without having to explain how clean I am from scamming.

Please feel free to leave your comments and suggestions

http://www.richardnwachukwu.com.ng/new-phase-cultism-nigeria-today/

©MrPinner 2017

@Mr Pinner. You are entitled to your opinion, but I dare say the topic you chose may be off point(according to what you wrote) Fratanity should be separated from Confrantanity, as the latter is what you alluded to majorly in your post. Confrantanities have always existed in pre-'Nigerian' Nation-States and precolonial empires. This also included Aboriginal Confrantanities like the Ogboni which was recorded by Prof Uli Bier and Suzanne Wenger(Aduni Or is a) during their Academic studies of African Sociology and Arts. They in fact had to be initiated before being allowed access to some of their esoteric knowledge and history! This was at least decades before the formation of the first campus fratanity in Ibadan. Fratanities also exist in developed countries, as employers require this frat graduate state on their resume/CV the fratanity they belong to. The only difference is that they are more cerebral in activisim, and not "SECRETIVE". Thus, begging the Question, Should Nigerian Campus Fratanities be More Open Legal? Or less Secretive? Criminals that engage in kidnapping/human trafficking should be separately treated from the aforementioned cadre of Societies. Whether their goal is to dismember victims for " Blood Money " or cannibal fetishist ends, because some of the "RITUALS" performed by the Aforementioned Societies do not require any Human Sacrifices as its method of Attonment.(NB- BLOOD MONEY RITUALIST may(and mostly) be cultist, as their modus operandi dictates.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by PrinzCarter(m): 6:07pm On Mar 19, 2017
Bros na frustration, intimidation ,n rebelliousness dey force boys do does tinz u write
Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by mrnwas(m): 9:26pm On Mar 19, 2017
Freeman147:

@Mr Pinner. You are entitled to your opinion, but I dare say the topic you chose may be off point(according to what you wrote) Fratanity should be separated from Confrantanity, as the latter is what you alluded to majorly in your post. Confrantanities have always existed in pre-'Nigerian' Nation-States and precolonial empires. This also included Aboriginal Confrantanities like the Ogboni which was recorded by Prof Uli Bier and Suzanne Wenger(Aduni Or is a) during their Academic studies of African Sociology and Arts. They in fact had to be initiated before being allowed access to some of their esoteric knowledge and history! This was at least decades before the formation of the first campus fratanity in Ibadan. Fratanities also exist in developed countries, as employers require this frat graduate state on their resume/CV the fratanity they belong to. The only difference is that they are more cerebral in activisim, and not "SECRETIVE". Thus, begging the Question, Should Nigerian Campus Fratanities be More Open Legal? Or less Secretive? Criminals that engage in kidnapping/human trafficking should be separately treated from the aforementioned cadre of Societies. Whether their goal is to dismember victims for " Blood Money " or cannibal fetishist ends, because some of the "RITUALS" performed by the Aforementioned Societies do not require any Human Sacrifices as its method of Attonment.(NB- BLOOD MONEY RITUALIST may(and mostly) be cultist, as their modus operandi dictates.

Thanks for the insight sir...

I appreciate your comment a lot

But I would also like you to understand that the post is all about trying to compare the comments trend of today, its effects on the young and that of the real confraternity.

I'm just trying to make people see why they should keep off from it sir
Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by mrnwas(m): 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
PrinzCarter:
Bros na frustration, intimidation ,n rebelliousness dey force boys do does tinz u write

Thank you for your comment brother...
I understand your point.

But I still think there is a better option

Even those in junior high schools that are supposed to focus in their studies are venturing into it now
Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by Idydarling(f): 10:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
I'll comment later
Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by Khutie: 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
Nice observation buh I must tell yhu, this problem started wid our dear respected politicians; if Nigeria politicians has been uptight and honest wid their dealing, surely I xay unto yhu bruh, our dear country won't be recognised as UNDER-DEVELOPING no more and this street boiz will surely has something legal doing

#AintAgainstNoMansHustle

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by mrnwas(m): 11:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
Khutie:
Nice observation buh I must tell yhu, this problem started wid our dear respected politicians; if Nigeria politicians has been uptight and honest wid their dealing, surely I xay unto yhu bruh, our dear country won't be recognised as UNDER-DEVELOPING no more and this street boiz will surely has something legal doing

#AintAgainstNoMansHustle

Truthfully said my brother...
I understand your perspective

But you also know our leaders aren't affected by this...
They have the money, they can get what they want easily
Unlike we the younger ones still on the grind for our own future
Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by skimmy005: 6:21am On Mar 20, 2017
buceanear is distinguish from the rest, the difference is clear we fite aqain oppression BAN 4 lyf

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by mrnwas(m): 7:13am On Mar 20, 2017
skimmy005:
buceanear is distinguish from the rest, the difference is clear we fite aqain oppression BAN 4 lyf

The motive was not to mention any other confraternity you know, the aim is to create a sharp contrast between the actual confraternity and this thing we have today called ",Yahoo yahoo"...
Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by skimmy005: 8:21am On Mar 20, 2017
mrnwas:

The motive was not to mention any other confraternity you know, the aim is to create a sharp contrast between the actual confraternity and this thing we have today called ",Yahoo yahoo"...
so yahoo yahoo is now a confratetnity :/
Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by simeonkoolluck(m): 4:53pm On Mar 20, 2017
Weldon sir... I'm all about my money grin ...mo fe sase grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by jessyb: 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2017
If you reside in Lagos and want to make extra money with a real estate firm...whatsapp 07084910289 for more details
Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by dreamwords: 6:03am On Mar 21, 2017
shocked
Re: Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? by babyfaceafrica: 6:44am On Mar 21, 2017
Lmao

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Facts You Do Not Know / If Your Class Is Full Of Pretty Girls,just Know You're Studying A Useless Course / Olabisi Onabajo University Post Ume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.