Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

My Goal Was To Make 'a's In All My Courses - UNIZIK Best Graduand - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Goal Was To Make 'a's In All My Courses - UNIZIK Best Graduand (730 Views)

UNIZIK Admission Post-utme Screening 2017, Date & Cut-off Mark / My Goal In Life Is To Be Happy, Alex Ekubo Says As He Turns 31 Today / Dr Ifeanyi Ubah Empowers Anambra Born First Class Law School Graduand And His Yo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Goal Was To Make 'a's In All My Courses - UNIZIK Best Graduand by Frankdotcom: 3:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
By Franklin Onwubiko

Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty and persistence.

This definition best describes the story of Mr. Ikenna Henry Ozofor, the first Class graduate of Chemical Engineering and overall best graduating student from the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka for the 2015/2016 academic session.

Mr. Ozofor struck a near perfect cumulative grade point of 4.85 to emerge the overall Best graduating student of the varsity.

In an interview with franklinonwubiko.com, the Chemical Engineer disclosed that the journey to achieving such laudable feat was not a rosy one but he kept faith. According to him, he never doubted his abilities to achieving greatness. "I was convinced I had what it takes to be the best and always tried to give my best in whatever I did. Never doubted my abilities", he said.

Shockingly, Ikenna revealed that he never subscribed to long hours of reading but maximized the little time he engaged in reading and was consistent.
Hear him, "I am the type that doesn't read for long. My average reading duration was 4 hours but I was quite consistent in it". On how he was able to structure his daily routine while in school, the "Demgramite" (Old boy of Dennis Memorial Grammar School, Onitsha) stated, I wake on a regular day, prepare and go for lectures. When I return from lecture, I eat and sleep for about 5hrs, wake up and prepare for night class".

Unlike most first Class graduates who shunned social activities while in school, Ikenna engaged in these activities, in fact he could boast to have enjoyed school life. "Mine was different as I was socially conscious and participative. I attended most social functions during my first three years in school. Let me make it clear that I always start studying once the semester starts and before the period for social activities I would be almost through with the course outline", Ozofor disclosed.

Delivering the valedictory speech on behalf of 2015/2016 graduands of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka at the 11th convocation ceremony of the university held on Thursday, Ozofor expressed his unreserved gratitude to the Almighty God, the giver of life and pilot of success, whose love and mercy had seen them through the citadel of learning.

In his words, "My academic path has been decorated with God's special grace and providence as I enjoyed sound elementary and secondary education at Adonai Foundation School and Dennis Memorial Grammar School respectively, both in Onitsha, Anambra State."

"Having graduated with flying colours from DMGS and met the necessary requirement set by JAMB and the University Senate, I was admitted to study Chemical Engineering in this Institute of repute, the abode where giants are trained and nurtured."

"As demanded by it's worth, everything about UNIZIK will surely require that tenacity of purpose from the students ranging from the physical clearance during admission through final clearance prior to NYSC."

"I entered the University with little expectation. I did not even know what GP meant nor what first Class was. My priority then was to make sure I made 'A's in all the courses I took. The above goal demanded much sacrifice which I tried meeting through committed and consistent study."

"It was indeed five years of serious mission as there were times of ups and downs, but God's grace saw me through all the challenges and made me the best. I will not like to bore you with further stories. I am sure each and everyone of the graduands has their own stories."

"To my lovely and caring parents, Mr. and Mrs B. I. Ozofor, and the parents of other graduands, your labour of many years is yielding the desired fruits, may God bless you and keep you alive for us."

"To ABC Transport Company, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Chevron Agbami JV, and Allied Energy, your scholarships took care of the financial burdens during my undergraduate study. To these and some other scholarship bodies that provided assistance to some of the graduands, our promise is that your investment will not be in vain."

"Ladies and gentlemen, It is with unalloyed humility that I present to you great ladies and men of valor and integrity , whose tenacity of purpose won us the privilege of being the celebrants of today's ceremony comprising graduands trained, nurtured and groomed for excellence."

"May I clearly state that I am convinced that the 2016 Unizik graduands have the solutions to various issues that have battled Nigeria from blazing the trail as true giants of Africa and even beyond. This said, we are quite aware that Nigerians do not expect anything less from us, and by God's grace we shall not disappoint."

Advising other undergraduates, Ozofor said, "Pray to discover yourself and what works for you, put in the required effort and God's grace will perfect things for you. As posited by Colin Powell, there are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. Don't give up!"

"In conclusion, here are graduands who have not just imbibed the qualities of discipline, self reliance and excellence but have also proved responsive and competent in task-tackling and mission accomplishment as evident in the recorded successes we made both in written, analytical and practical assessment we have been subjected to.That stated, I strongly recommend us for any job, task, function or mission where responsible and astute approach are required."

"We thank God, the University and our Teachers for allowing us pass through this University of all times", he concluded.

http://www.franklinonwubiko.com/2017/03/my-priority-then-was-to-make-sure-i.html?m=1

Cc: Lalasticlala, Dominique, seun, mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Star Actress, Remi Surutu Looses Daughter / Get Rid Of Hepatitis / Babcock University Student Runs Mad After His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.