Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Reassessing Our Faiths - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reassessing Our Faiths (742 Views)

Boko Haram: Collective Embarrassment To All Faiths – Islamic Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reassessing Our Faiths by usisky(m): 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2009
At some point in their  lives everyone capable of thinking is bound to ponder about the creation of themselves, of everything they see around them, and the existence of a creator. It is natural for people to ponder upon their origins and the purpose of their existence. For some,explanations provided to them by the religion they were born into are sufficient, while others might be satisfied with the theory that life evolved on the planet because of its particular circumstances. However, many people, including those who believe in religious doctrines or scientific theories, are doubtful, perhaps subconsciously, of the explanations provided to them. Although they entertain many unanswered questions in their minds, the majority of these people follow the crowd - suppressing their doubts and questions. Only a minority actively searches for the truth and tries to find answers to these age-old questions.
For many people the order, harmony and the perfect design of the things around them make it impossible to believe in the theory of evolution without  a designer. Thus, they feel like Professor Edwin Conklin who once said;
"The probability of life originating from an accident is comparable to the probability of the Unabridged Dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing factory." Yet, when these people turn to religion, they realize that most of their questions are unanswered. Besides, there are so many different religious faiths, each preaching theirs to be the right way. This makes the choice extremely difficult.
Today all religions are nothing but various sets of traditions, rather than  facts s. Such corruption in religion has been caused by human ego and inventions that eventually distorted the truth for political and economic gain. Because of this, people who want to turn to the basics of religion are considered out of line with society.
Many of us feel that the questions in our minds about the existence of God would be resolved if we witnessed a miracle from God, similar to the ones performed by Moses(pbuh) or Jesus(pbuh) that we read about in the scriptures. We may also think that it is not really fair to our generation that God does not send down miracles any more. Yet, let us be serious. With all the scientific and technological advancements that we have today, who would believe in the ancient type of miracles such as healing the sick, or reviving the dead? It would be more logical for God to send down a miracle that is more compatible for the minds and the life styles of the people in this day and age.
The lack of a modern miracle contradicts the idea that God is the Most  Wise. It also gives the impression that God is not adaptable to our higher levels of thinking. Is God only capable of miracles for simpler, more ancient minds? Did God deliver His miracles to a few small generations, while our generation is greater in number, and there are larger generations to come?                             
We live in an age of science and computers. We consider ourselves intelli-gent beings who do not accept ideas which cannot be proven. On the other hand, we accept on faith many religious notions that defy common sense. We are proud of ourselves because we know more about science and technology than our parents and ancestors. We readily accept what is better and more advanced than what our parents have had. Yet, many of us do not hesitate to follow our parents blindly in religion, even if it means doing something we do not fully believe in.  For  most  people,  they  are  christians  because  they  were  born  into  christianity.  They  are  Muslims  because  they  were  born  into  islam. They  are jews  because  they  were  born  in judaism. As  such  man  is  made  to believe  that  the faith he  was  born into is the true  way  to  salvation.  Such  kind  of  belief  is  called  blind  faith. All this is because they fail to think and consequently are subject to error but are not willing to accept.

The peak of human knowledge is science. And it is my belief that God gave this knowledge to us for no other reason but so we can use it to better understand Him. unfortunately as man grew in knowledge, he became arrogant and then denies God, all this is because his ego is killing him while he is unaware of it. why then can't we apply this gift given to us by God to find the truth about Him. the reality is people don't really believe in God. Because if they do then at all cost you would get up and find the truth for yourself and not the unrealistic salvation preached to you.

The reason most people can't arrive at the truth is because they never ask themselves some fundamental questions in life, and this question has to do with the phrase, what if?

what if there is God,  what if He wants to be worshiped,  what if our fathers have been in error,  what if i am doing the wrong thing.  All this questions is how one can discover the truth for himself if he is honest.

if anyone of you has ever given much thot to how u ended up been a christian or a muslim today, then u'll come to know there is nothing special to it. God wanted it that way thats why. what makes one think that God has favored him over the other by making him a christian or a muslim. Do you think God is unjust?  in fact God is not at all. what people don't understand is that we all stand equal tests in the sight of God, be u a jew, christian or hindu or a muslim. you all keep claiming you are right while the other is wrong. tell something, if the christian missionaries never set foot in nigeria would most of you be christians today. the same goes for the muslim, if usman danfodio didn't come to nigeria or some how, would u have been a muslim today. so what makes u think one is better over the other. God wants us all to quest for the truth rather than blindly following religion, even when some things defy common sense, u are told to believe on faith. Do u thing God is an illogical being. No wonder he sets science for us as the standard to go by. use your head and dont be deceived.

The common test God has given all of us is to denounce idolatry(believing that anything or anyone beside God can benefit you). But the devil is aware of this, so he commits virtually all people towards that path. if the devil could deceive Adam and eve then i wonder who we think we are to be immune from satan's deceptions. The muslims are guilty of idolatry , the christians are also guilty of the same sin.  see verses below from the bible and the Qur'an that highlights this gross sin.

Bible: (Deutronomy 6:5, matthew 22:37, Mark 12:30 and Luke 10:27)[/b]in the verse above , jesus is clearly commanding the christians to worship God with all your heart, and all your soul, and all your mind and all your strength. this clearly is telling the christians, if they need salvation this is what they must do. jesus did not say worship me or any other entity, but God.
the truth is , 90% of the bible is actually the word of God, and in this 90% consistently you see jesus not at all claiming divinity , but instead ascribing all events to God. unfortunately, the 10% which is the word of the so called inspired men of God, who ascribe divinity to jesus is what the majority of christians have absorbed.this constitutes idolatry. you are idolizing jesus against his will. there's no where in the bible where jesus himself says i am God and that he should be worshiped. But those who don't desire the truth can't see that.

[b]Qur'ansadimran 3:18, baqara 2:285, jinn 72:18)

For the muslims, this three verses suffices. in the first verse(3:18), God gives us the correct shahadah(proclamation of faith), but today the muslims have been tricked into putting muhammad's name next to God. how do u end up doing this, i'll tell u. your ancestors are responsible, but that does not negate the fact that you should seek truth. by adding a name besides God's name, this is flagrant idolatry. and thats why He teaches you the correct thing in the quran. the second verse(2:285), all  their lives, muslims recite this verse and yet can't adhere to it. in that verse, God says all his messengers(moses,noah,jesus,muhammad,solomon, etc) are all equal in his sight, and that no one should make any distinction amongst them. today muslims are tricked to believe mluhammad is God's favorite prophet, and besides why do u not add the other prophets names to the shahadah. this is violation of God's command. the third verse(72:18), commands the muslims that they should not call on any name besides God in the places of worship. but do the muslims really abide. they go to the mosque, they call God and then next to Him they put a human creature of his.they idolize muhammd against his will. how did all this happen?  certainly not from the Qur'an, because it has been confirmed to be God's words. The truth is, the so called hadith and sunna are the genesis of all this idolatrous innovations. the hadith and sunna were concocted by satan to make the muslims worship muhammad alongside God. and any muslim knows that shirk(idolatry) is the only unforgivable sin in the sight of God if maintained till death.

I am a man of science , and was born a muslim, but i dont practice my islam the way most muslims do, thats cos i didn't leave my faith and fate for others to decide for me. i had to find the truth and when God saw how earnestly i quested for an answer, He saved me from the bunch. but thats because i put tremendous effort in seeking the truth.

the reason people are divided today in the world, fighting and killing each other is all because of the human factor involved( jesus, moses, muhammad  etc). the moment we can look beyond that , people would be united through the worship of God alone and associating(idolatary) with  Him nothing else.

God did send a miracle to us in this age of scientific advance. And this miracle is embedded withing one of  the scriptures of God.this same miracle use to be embedded in other scriptures too, but since they are all now translations and the original one in its language can't be found. this miracle unlike the previous miracles is perpetual and can be observed in any generation. the bible talks about the miracle of jesus, moses and others, but today a lot of people deny it all because it can't be proved to have ever occured. the Quran too did talk about the miracle of jesus, moses and others, but this too can't be proven. so therefore, if their have to be a miracle in this age of scientific advancement, it has to be something that is compatible with our way of thinking and it has to be readily verifiable. i'll share with u this super human intelligence embedded in one of God's scriptures as the thread heats up.

I have studied the bible to some extent, not because i wanna make a mockery of it, but because i was questing for truth. the truth is there are christians and muslims who quest for truth, and God has guided them to unveiling the truth. such people have come to realise that neither  jesus nor muhammad should be worshiped alongside God. and such are the kinds of people God says in the Qur'an will be granted their recompense. All this patriarchs of faith, jesus , moses, or muhammad , should be reverenced as due but not over doing it to the point of idolatry. Remember jesus himself said in the bible, the road to heaven is narrow, while the road to hell is very wide. the quran also affirms that. it only takes little thought to realize that it will take much more than blind belief to go to heaven. your destiny is in your hand, just like they say.
i will end here, but there are still much to be ironed out but for now lets make this an introduction.

"Surely, those who believe, those who are jewish, the christians and the converts; anyone who 1)beleives in God 2) beleives in after life 3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord; they have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve" ( sura  2:62   &  sura 5:69)
Re: Reassessing Our Faiths by olabowale(m): 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2009
the jews will go to paradise, said usisky.

the christians will go to paradise, said usisky.

usisky forgets that those who reverted to Islam are muslims!

Allah says in Suratul Fatiah, about those who have incurred His wrath, and those who are astray.

please tell us who are those in wrath and astray?

I hope you will not say the are the muslims, while you innure the Jews and the Christian, and others? By your style, I hope am right, and my guess which I am not saying is just human concern.
Re: Reassessing Our Faiths by ayinba1(f): 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2009
Ok, trying to understand your post. Do muslims worship Prophet Mohammed (SAW)?

Secondly, the presence of Prophet Muhammed in the shahadah is a constant reminder to us that he is a messenger of ALLAH. There can never be a mistake of equating him to Allah, we, muslims, do not even pray through Prophet Mohammed (SAW).

Thirdly, Are you sure that you practice Islam? Do not think that you can use the backdoor to come and confuse muslims here. Just saying.

We welcome xtians too to air their views in a diplomatic manner and yes we had some people who claimed to be muslims but stated that interest is acceptable because the Quran is outdated. Bottom line is whatever you post, just be sure to make yourself clear and honest.
Re: Reassessing Our Faiths by zayhal(f): 11:29am On Dec 22, 2009
@poster

What do you make of this verse and others like it? 'Oh ye who believe, obey Allah and obey His messanger and those in authority amongst you, ' surah An-nisai 4;59
Re: Reassessing Our Faiths by theseeker2: 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2009
Who is this Usisky guy?
Re: Reassessing Our Faiths by Lagosboy: 10:49pm On Dec 27, 2009
He his a member of a faith called "submission". He his a disciple of a dajjal called Rashad Khalifa who in turn claimed to be a messenger of Allah. He his not a muslim.
Re: Reassessing Our Faiths by AbuSafwan(m): 12:27pm On Dec 30, 2009
usisky:

Qur'ansadimran 3:18, baqara 2:285, jinn 72:18)
For the muslims, this three verses suffices. in the first verse(3:18), God gives us the correct shahadah(proclamation of faith), but today the muslims have been tricked into putting muhammad's name next to God. how do u end up doing this, i'll tell u. your ancestors are responsible, but that does not negate the fact that you should seek truth. by adding a name besides God's name, this is flagrant idolatry. and thats why He teaches you the correct thing in the quran. the second verse(2:285), all their lives, muslims recite this verse and yet can't adhere to it. in that verse, God says all his messengers(moses,noah,jesus,muhammad,solomon, etc) are all equal in his sight, and that no one should make any distinction amongst them. today muslims are tricked to believe mluhammad is God's favorite prophet, and besides why do u not add the other prophets names to the shahadah. this is violation of God's command. the third verse(72:18), commands the muslims that they should not call on any name besides God in the places of worship. but do the muslims really abide. they go to the mosque, they call God and then next to Him they put a human creature of his.they idolize muhammd against his will. how did all this happen? certainly not from the Qur'an, because it has been confirmed to be God's words. The truth is, the so called hadith and sunna are the genesis of all this idolatrous innovations. the hadith and sunna were concocted by satan to make the muslims worship muhammad alongside God. and any muslim knows that shirk(idolatry) is the only unforgivable sin in the sight of God if maintained till death.

It is Allah that commands us to must believe in Him and his messenger (Muhammad, pbuh) for us to become full Muslims ((Q:48:8-9). (Q57:7), (Q4:152). (Q4:150-1), (Q4:136). etc. All these verses and other alike, instruct us to believe in Allah and His messenger and this can be attained by attesting to the divinity of Allah and the messengership of prophet muhammad. attaching prophet messengership of prophet Muhammad next to the divinity of Allah (swt) is the teaching of Allah to us as far as many verses in the Qur'an are concerned. If you said I testify there is deity but Allah meanwhile rejecting the messenger you are no longer a muslim at all. As now you testify divinity of Allah but reject the messengership of Muhhamd you are not a muslim.

And if you say: "God says all his messengers(moses,noah,jesus,muhammad,solomon, etc) are all equal in his sight, and that no one should make any distinction amongst them. today muslims are tricked to believe mluhammad is God's favorite prophet" I will restort to you that this means one should not make distiction as to say that Moses is a messenger of Allah but Jesus is not. By saying that you are making distinction which God forbids. For instance Christians and Jews distincted prophet Muhammad as not being a messenger of Allah. They are committingsin in making this distiction. Distiction in the verse that you qouted does not mean not to believe that some prophets/messengers are ranked over the others. Once you apply this meaning you are by then rejecting the verse in which Allah says: "These are the Rasools (which We have sent for the guidance of mankind). We have exalted some above others. To some Allah spoke directly; others He raised high in ranks, "(q2:257). If you say that a particular messenger/prophet is ranked over another it is the confirmation of God's word. This guy, the victim of Rashad has misconcieved the Qur'an alot as did his master (To ai dama ba malamai bane - i.e lo! they are not reliable islamic scholars). or did he forget this verse is in the Qur'an and came to us saying we should not say this messenger is more favourite than another. This is a real statement of Allah.

And when you say: "and besides why do u not add the other prophets names to the shahadah" and I say we attach prophst's name because he is our very messenger sent to entire mankind. Had we have come in the time of Moses or Jesus messengership we would been adding their name in our Shahadah. Although we belive in the all prophets/messengers we are not mandated to to proclaim thier name in Shahadah; for this is a specific tribute given to prophet muhammad being him the very last messenger of Allah to the entire world. This guy cannot stand our test; he is completely ignorant of Qur'an, and so did Rashad.

And when you say: "verse(72:18) commands the muslims that they should not call on any name besides God in the places of worship. but do the muslims really abide. they go to the mosque, they call God and then next to Him they put a human creature of his, " and I say you dont even know Arabic; because the word "Tad'uu" as contained in the very Qur'anic Arabic text refers to worship not call, for the world call can be best translated and equated with the Arabic word "Nida'u". Therefore, we all know that Mosque is not a place of calling names, but is a place of worship. So Allah instruct us not to worship any one besides him. If you insist it means not to call names of people, I believe even you have once called the name of your friend or brother as you meet in the mosque perhaps before or after prayer. Is this mean you worship that your friend or brother just by calling his name. The very piont I want make hear is that mentioning the name of prophet Muhammad in the mosque for the purpose of re-proclaiming your belief is an act of worship. Not only that, in your prayer recitation you may across some qur'anic verses containing the names of people (believers and unbelievers) like prophets' names; and also some other unbelievers like Fir'aun, Abu lahab Haman, e.t.c. But the irony is that you are not worshiping this people just because you mention their names, but you worshipping Allah by reciting His Qur'an. However, if you mention prop[het's name (Muhammad) either in Addhan or Iqamah for re-proclaiming your belief in Allah and His messenger your are also worhipping Allah because procaliming belief in Allah and His messenger (Muhammad) is a very act of wroship to Allah as we have noted so far in various Qur'an verses. Additionally Allah commands us to be making 'Salat' (Allahumman Salli, Muhammad, ) for the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) (Q33:56), making Salat for the prophet muhammad is an act of worshipping Allah, and there is no salat without mentioning his name. Therefor if I make my salat for the prophet in the mosque is that means I worhip him just because I mention his name? No I am by that very time worshipping Allah (swt). My true brothers in Islam note Rashad Khalifa have invalidated this command of Allah (Q33:56) by changing its meaning. He maintained that the verse means to help the prophet but not to make salat for him. My brothers tell this guy, Usisky to continue seraching for the truth because the position he is now in is not the authentic and reliable one.

He say that he is a man of science; but he cannot escape from deceptive theory of Rashad religion. How can you be a man of science when I acan see that Rashad is playing trick with your thought. May Allah guide you to the right path, my pititious brother.
Re: Reassessing Our Faiths by AbuZola3(m): 10:51pm On Dec 30, 2009
Oh God of mercy, what a thread
Re: Reassessing Our Faiths by ymozay: 9:59pm On Jan 11, 2010
may allah guide us , may he protect us from shaitanic believes intruding our faith(amin)
Re: Reassessing Our Faiths by MUNEER2(m): 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2010
Lagosboy:

He his a member of a faith called "submission". He his a disciple of a dajjal called Rashad Khalifa who in turn claimed to be a messenger of Allah. He his not a muslim.

Thank you for clarifying that, I'm just about asking that question too. . . lipsrsealed

@usisky
Mudabdabun at it's highest display shocked

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Revealer Of The Qur’an: Possible Inspirational Sources Of The Qur’an / How To Make Your Wife Happy / Teenage Marriage Widespread In Nigeria - 2006 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.