Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Before You Buy That Generator - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Before You Buy That Generator (835 Views)

Let's Help You Buy And Ship Goods From Dubai @the Most Affordable Rates / You Buy, I Ship and Deliver from Usa To Nigeria, Ebay @495/$ / STOP! Do This Before You Buy That Used Phone... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Buy That Generator by osile2012: 11:11am On Mar 20, 2017
One thing we believe or assume in Nigeria is that the bigger the size of the Generator, the more load it can carry. Well if all things are equal, that should be the case.

But forget all those output written on generators in Nigeria, they dont reflect the true output( Especially Fuel) . They write 5000 wats which is suppose to be 5kw, but its nothing close to that. For those who just want to power television, fridge , and maybe one Air Conditioner, that wont be a problem. You will probably never notice.

But in my case,i bought an equipment from china, and this equipment, was suppose to be 0.37kw . I bought a 6.5kw generator for 185k, assuming it wont be noticeable when i use the equipment on it. To my greatest surprise, i connected the equipment and there was a significant pull and reduction in the generator sound. The equipment was not functioning as expected, so i contacted the supplier .

They said its probably the current not enough. I could not understand how the current of 6.5kw wont be enough for 0.37kw , less than 1kw. I later got a generator technician, who now had to adjust and high the engine, before the equipment began to function well.

The generator became very noisy and even with the high engine, you can still notice a pull. So i was now informed that most of these generators in Nigeria are just big body, big fuel thank will very little output.

So have this in mind when your buying generator in mind to power equipment from outside Nigeria. Make sure what is written on the gen as output is up to 10 times the required for the equipment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Buy That Generator by GogetterMD(m): 8:25pm On Mar 20, 2017
You didn't state the horsepower rating of the generator

1 Like

Re: Before You Buy That Generator by uc97: 3:10am On Mar 21, 2017
GogetterMD:

Thats if the evil people (china generator manufacturers)will state the true horse power in the generator specs bro.
Re: Before You Buy That Generator by Matikho: 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2017
Most people don't pay attention to specifications when buying electronics, and other technical gadgets
Re: Before You Buy That Generator by osile2012: 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
GogetterMD:

What is written on the gen is 6800 watts. I assume that's 6 kw.

Now I got an equipment 220v and 2hp motor. It wants to destroy a 6800 watts generator, and yet it is not functioning optimally..

So does it mean I need a 10-15 kw generator to power a 2hp electric motor?

(1) (Reply)

Uk Used S4 Very Neat. 9.5/10 ***SOLD*** / 5 Pieces Of USA Used Iphone 6 / Icloud Lock Removal Service On Activated Iphone, Ipod, Ipad FMI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.