Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,284 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? (2384 Views)

E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning / Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? / NUC Has Not Rank Any University In Nigeria For The Past 14 Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by ChidinmaRose(f): 2:25pm On Mar 20, 2017
I came across this thread on Nairaland talking about the first NUC Accredited E-Learning MBA (Masters in Business Administration) Programme > http://abudlc.edu.ng/

So basically you don't need to travel all the way to Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria to take their masters programme. All you need to do is register here > http://apply.abudlc.edu.ng/Account/Register?Length=7 Everything is online.

I personally applaud the Govt for taking this positive step in the right direction, just like when they made JAMB completely computer based. I feel like this will contribute immensely to our economy. I know that education is what will save this country and at least the govt is doing something to make it more accessible to people.

What do you guys think about it?

1 Share

Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by JanethEze(f): 2:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
Isa good thing sha but shouldn't the government hav done this a long time ago.
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by ChidinmaRose(f): 2:32pm On Mar 20, 2017
JanethEze:
Isa good thing sha but shouldn't the government hav done this a long time ago.

You should be happy they have even started

1 Like

Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by kennybenjminz: 2:33pm On Mar 20, 2017
Ok now I can apply since its now approved!
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by Ab025(m): 2:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
I wish I could enroll for this.....too bad am busy with other programs now and my hands are tight!

Nice development though.
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by ChidinmaRose(f): 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2017
Ab025:
I wish I could enroll for this.....too bad am busy with other programs now and my hands are tight!

Nice development though.

Eyah, good luck in them o.
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by JanethEze(f): 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
ChidinmaRose:

You should be happy they have even started

Yes yes, I'm happy
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by ChidinmaRose(f): 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
kennybenjminz:

Why not
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by Malubi(m): 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
Is Msc not included? i want to go for Msc Economics or Accounting. Help me with the list of programes pls.Thanks
ChidinmaRose:
I came across this thread on Nairaland talking about the first NUC Accredited E-Learning MBA (Masters in Business Administration) Programme > http://abudlc.edu.ng/

So basically you don't need to travel all the way to Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria to take their masters programme. All you need to do is register here > http://apply.abudlc.edu.ng/Account/Register?Length=7 Everything is online.

I personally applaud the Govt for taking this positive step in the right direction, just like when they made JAMB completely computer based. I feel like this will contribute immensely to our economy. I know that education is what will save this country and at least the govt is doing something to make it more accessible to people.

What do you guys think about it?
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by Craigston: 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
The new developments in education are shaking up the traditional premise of higher education within walled boundaries. Some tertiary institutions are responding defensively, while others are open to innovation. Thumbs up to ABU; I expect more from them and others.
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by ChidinmaRose(f): 4:53pm On Mar 20, 2017
Craigston:
The new developments in education are shaking up the traditional premise of higher education within walled boundaries. Some tertiary institutions are responding defensively, while others are open to innovation. Thumbs up to ABU; I expect more from them and others.

You are right about Some tertiary institutions are responding defensively I can imagine all the old school professors being opposed to this.
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by fineyemi(m): 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2017
Other universities are still developing their DLI while Abu is ahead with e-learning
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by ChidinmaRose(f): 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2017
Big ups to them!

fineyemi:
Other universities are still developing their DLI while Abu is ahead with e-learning
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by JanethEze(f): 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2017
fineyemi:

I know OAU has one
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by JanethEze(f): 7:01pm On Mar 20, 2017
ChidinmaRose:

You are right about Some tertiary institutions are responding defensively I can imagine all the old school professors being opposed to this.

That's true
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by fineyemi(m): 7:29pm On Mar 20, 2017
JanethEze:

I know OAU has one
grin grin grin grin
OAU has DLI. You must be a student of OAU
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by kennybenjminz: 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2017
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by Craigston: 10:11pm On Mar 20, 2017
ChidinmaRose:

It feels like a threat to their status as the local movers of tertiary education, and their source of income. But if their source of income is the preservation and stagnation of an old order that doesn't serve us any longer, then it's worth questioning.
The first move of the lobbyists was having degrees and certifications from MOOCs declared unacceptable within Nigeria. But degrees in courses taken abroad, whether by classroom presence of online presence, are acceptable. One might see it as a move to protect local educational institutions from unfair competition, but it's far from that.
Knowledge is a prerequisite for national development, and denying students such opportunities by covert means is no less a crime than exploiting their already limiting ignorance. And academia is not a component of society that should be bogged down with unnecessary bureaucracy.

I've had much progress educating myself by following MOOCs and other opportunities available on the internet, and I think any tertiary institution willing to de-emphasize profit maximization for a few semesters, for the growth of their staffs' and students' quality of learning, can learn from the model. I won't say exactly how since there are many possibilities.
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by JanethEze(f): 7:19am On Mar 21, 2017
Malubi:
Is Msc not included? i want to go for Msc Economics or Accounting. Help me with the list of programes pls.Thanks

Not too sure they have MSc. Economics but you can call them to find out 01-7000899 or 08080523171 I think around 10am today.
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by JanethEze(f): 7:28am On Mar 21, 2017
Craigston:

It feels like a threat to their status as the local movers of tertiary education, and their source of income. But if their source of income is the preservation and stagnation of an old order that doesn't serve us any longer, then it's worth questioning.
The first move of the lobbyists was having degrees and certifications from MOOCs declared unacceptable within Nigeria. But degrees in courses taken abroad, whether by classroom presence of online presence, are acceptable. One might see it as a move to protect local educational institutions from unfair competition, but it's far from that.
Knowledge is a prerequisite for national development, and denying students such opportunities by covert means is no less a crime than exploiting their already limiting ignorance. And academia is not a component of society that should be bogged down with unnecessary bureaucracy.

I've had much progress educating myself by following MOOCs and other opportunities available on the internet, and I think any tertiary institution willing to de-emphasize profit maximization for a few semesters, for the growth of their staffs' and students' quality of learning, can learn from the model. I won't say exactly how since there are many possibilities.

Well said.
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by JanethEze(f): 12:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
fineyemi:
grin grin grin grin
OAU has DLI. You must be a student of OAU

I am actually being serious. They do. No joke.
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by ChidinmaRose(f): 12:57pm On Mar 21, 2017
Craigston:

Exactly! Knowledge is a prerequisite for national development, and denying students such opportunities by covert means is no less a crime than exploiting their already limiting ignorance. I wish they understood this, how will we become a great nation if our educational system is not innovative? sad
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by fineyemi(m): 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2017
JanethEze:

I am actually being serious. They do. No joke.
I know they do.nah
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by JanethEze(f): 3:14pm On Mar 21, 2017
fineyemi:
I know they do.nah

Ok
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by BenKafor(m): 3:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
Craigston:

What you speak is the sad truth my brother
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by BenKafor(m): 7:38am On Mar 22, 2017
Re: NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? by ChidinmaRose(f): 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2017
BenKafor:

What you speak is the sad truth my brother

I believe Nigeria will change one day. I just have faith!

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Post Ume / Help With Cut Off Marks And Post-ume Dates For Unizik And Futo / Pls, Is Wace Gce Forms Still On Sales?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.