Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,210 members, 7,846,012 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife (17016 Views)

Househelp Caught Trying To Poison Her Madam With Snipper (Photo, Video) / Idowu Omosuyi: Police Officer Who Killed A Driver For Refusing To Give Him N50 / Maid Locked Up, Fed With Cockroaches & Faeces By Her Madam In Anambra (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by Zenithpeak(m): 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2017
Pany was wrong to have stole the cloths.

But madam, it is just God's grace that lifted you above Pany.'s wife that the husband need to steal from another person before she can cover n. u. d i. t. y.

Life with different strokes......
Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by Giddyperson: 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2017
ekems2017:
Accepted he did wrong. But she wouldn't have involved the police. She would have cautioned him. This man has worked with them for a long time.

So when you work for people for a long time, you are entitled to steal from them and go scot free. Was he not getting paid?

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by ebuka1993(m): 4:55pm On Mar 20, 2017
not nice
Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by ekems2017(f): 4:55pm On Mar 20, 2017
Remember this clothes might no be in their rooms but packed somewhere waiting to be thrown away. Bros for the fact that the clothes were not sold. She saw them wearing it. She would have known they don't have.

Giddyperson:

So when you work for people for a long time, you are entitled to steal from them and go scot free. Was he not getting paid?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by DanseMacabre(m): 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2017
ceejay80s:
if the driver took the clothes and sold them,It's stealing but the fact he took the clothes and he did t hide them ,his family were wearing it freely shows he is innocent but guilty by taking it without permission

Lol oga you're speaking from both sides of the mouth.
Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by xjiggy: 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2017
I'm sure if Oga still dey alive we for no hear dis matter. Power don reach Madam, now na every matter she dey carry go court. Una fit surprise sef say na Oga give am those clothes since im see say Madam and the children no need am again.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by babythug(f): 5:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
ekems2017:
Some people cannot just let go if some things. This clothes are used ones and very sure the madam dont need them any more. Pls the rich should learn how to give out things they don't need again to free some space for them to store new ones.

I was very sure someone would have this line of reasoning!

Whether the mAdam has an excess or not isn't the issue here! Stealing is wrong no matter how insignificant the stolen items may be!

That's the base line and issue at hand here.

If she doesn't/didn't want to give the driver her "excess" items it's still her perogative and left to her to decide after all the items are hers!

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2017
Selfless ke? Na free service? If it were free sef, he had no right whatsoever..

grovec12:
most you take him to Court ..after many years of selfless service to your family.

waiting make Nigeria do to Senate President saraki and Dino melaye

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by babythug(f): 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
grovec12:
most you take him to Court ..after many years of selfless service to your family.

waiting make Nigeria do to Senate President saraki and Dino melaye

He ruined whatever merits he may have deserved by stealing! There's no justification for what is wrong people!

Who knows madam may have in the past even dashed him old clothes foodstuff and even more! We can't tell but he just had to destroy his good name by stooping to an all low and stealing from her

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by babythug(f): 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
daretodiffer:
Selfless ke? Na free service? If it were free sef, he had no right whatsoever..

My exact. Thoughts!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2017
What does long time have to do with this?

ekems2017:
Accepted he did wrong. But she wouldn't have involved the police. She would have cautioned him. This man has worked with them for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by Giddyperson: 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2017
ekems2017:
Remember this clothes might no be in their rooms but packed somewhere waiting to be thrown away. Bros for the fact that the clothes were not sold. She saw them wearing it. She would have known they don't have.

He could have simply asked her for them if he thought they were waiting to be thrown away, there's never an excuse for stealing. There's nothing better than having employees who you know would never take a pin from your house without asking, and there's nothing worse than having employees with itchy fingers.

I blame it all on upbringing. Please if or when you have children better don't bring them up with this idea that they can steal once in a while depending on the situation. Begging is always the more honourable option, if the owner says no then take your greedy eyes off another person's property.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2017
kingsmaila:
The Madam should have cautioned the Driver and give the clothes as charity for a reward from God that provides for her.
tommorrow him go put knife for madam throat carry SUV and dollars give him wife for Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by eyinjuege: 5:54pm On Mar 20, 2017
I doubt they're used clothes as she said the clothes belong to her company- collectible occasions, probably a boutique shop.
The clothes are most likely expensive, and her shop/business is likely the only means of survival for her family as she's a widow.
If a trusted employee would want to ruin her business/means of livelihood, he deserves to be charged to court for theft.
If they were used clothes, I doubt she would bother to report the theft unless they were second hand clothes for sale ( her shop may be a second hand clothes shop)
Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by sshalom(m): 6:14pm On Mar 20, 2017
There's more to this than mere clothes.
Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by LanrexBaba(m): 6:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
Best love story..He stole for his wife
Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by cleatoris: 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
Giddyperson:

I don't understand this kind of reasoning. A thief is a thief, remove your eyes from what does not belong to you.
Can't believe half the comments are supporting this thief, just because his boss decided to do the right thing and take him to court. If he took to jungle justice nko.
More than 80% are supporting it. It speaks volume about our values in this country.
Sentiments now guide people's judgements. No more integrity and uprightness.
Nigeria is doomed with this kind of reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by LePrezident(m): 10:01pm On Mar 20, 2017
UltraLeslie1:
Typical Ghanian; petty thieves.

Lol.
Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by obstead200(m): 1:38am On Mar 21, 2017
ekems2017:
Some people cannot just let go if some things. This clothes are used ones and very sure the madam dont need them any more. Pls the rich should learn how to give out things they don't need again to free some space for them to store new ones.
used clothes fa!
Am not rich. But I wish I can see someone to take up my used clothes and shoes so that I can free up space in my house.
I have several times contemplated burning them but my wife refused.
Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by obstead200(m): 1:43am On Mar 21, 2017
Giddyperson:

I don't understand this kind of reasoning. A thief is a thief, remove your eyes from what does not belong to you.

Can't believe half the comments are supporting this thief, just because his boss decided to do the right thing and take him to court. If he took to jungle justice nko.
my dear,
No one is supporting a thief. Just that some cases are not worth the time and effort to be spent pursuing them. U will look good in the eyes of God and men if u just let such cases go. Pursuing them amounts to pettiness. Pettiness is a very ugly habit.
These are used clothes. Just pay off the driver and sack him. That is enough punish for the level of crime committed.
Do u really think the judge in this case is not amused and irritated that someone could be so petty as to bring such a case against a servant that have served for years?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by obstead200(m): 1:47am On Mar 21, 2017
eyinjuege:
I doubt they're used clothes as she said the clothes belong to her company- collectible occasions, probably a boutique shop.
The clothes are most likely expensive, and her shop/business is likely the only means of survival for her family as she's a widow.
If a trusted employee would want to ruin her business/means of livelihood, he deserves to be charged to court for theft.
If they were used clothes, I doubt she would bother to report the theft unless they were second hand clothes for sale ( her shop may be a second hand clothes shop)
@the bolded.
U really don't know human nature, especially women. Even in the midst of riches, a wicked heart is a wicked heart.

And yes, they are used clothes which the complainant wears or used to wear. That is why she recognized the clothes in the first place.
Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by Giddyperson: 6:25am On Mar 21, 2017
obstead200:
my dear,
No one is supporting a thief. Just that some cases are not worth the time and effort to be spent pursuing them. U will look good in the eyes of God and men if u just let such cases go. Pursuing them amounts to pettiness. Pettiness is a very ugly habit.
These are used clothes. Just pay off the driver and sack him. That is enough punish for the level of crime committed.
Do u really think the judge in this case is not amused and irritated that someone could be so petty as to bring such a case against a servant that have served for years?
Pay off the driver for stealing your clothes
Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by alaskido(m): 8:57am On Mar 21, 2017
Giddyperson:

My dear, it is not like everyone is supporting the thief. We all know what he did was wrong. The madam should have just fired him. It is not like he stole the clothes for re-sale to feed his family. The madam should learn how to give out old clothes to the needy and not wait for them to ask. She can see this herself since they live together. Now that she wants to send him to jail who will take care of Pany's wife and kids. Some people should fear God.
Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by snowblaq(f): 9:46am On Mar 21, 2017
Some comments here are so unbelievable...there is no justification, whatsoever for stealing...a thief is a thief....was he not being paid?.....why not ask for the clothes instead of stealing them?.....that they wore it in her presence...does not make them any less a thief......thats how tomoro he would steal her car and drive and be parking it in the same compound and people would still blame the madam for involving the police...no b from clap dem dey take enter dance?
...Nigerians with their misplaced priorities and funny reasoning...na wa

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by Giddyperson: 10:11am On Mar 21, 2017
alaskido:

My dear, it is not like everyone is supporting the thief. We all know what he did was wrong. The madam should have just fired him. It is not like he stole the clothes for re-sale to feed his family. The madam should learn how to give out old clothes to the needy and not wait for them to ask. She can see this herself since they live together. Now that she wants to send him to jail who will take care of Pany's wife and kids. Some people should fear God.
I'm sure they weren't rags. The topic said used clothes, meaning he might as well have gone to clear out her wardrobe. The fact that she's worn them before doesn't mean she wasn't intending to wear them for five more years. You don't know the labels on them and how much they cost her. The fact that she's perceived to be rich doesn't mean she should be stolen from. If the man stole 500k you guys would say he belongs in jail but the clothes may have as well been worth way more than that. And no matter the value of the clothes, everyone has the right to seek justice when wronged, as long as their methods are legal.
Re: Police Arrest Driver For Stealing Madam’s Used Clothes For Wife by DivinelyBlessed: 5:00am On Apr 15, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Arrest Mother Of 2, Others Over Robbery, Kidnapping In Abuja / Gunmen Kill Ex-Policeman’s Parents, Wife And Kids / Over 1000 Nigerians Are In Chinese Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.