Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Help! My Dvd Rom Is Not Reading Any Disk. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! My Dvd Rom Is Not Reading Any Disk. (2663 Views)

Format Your Minilaptop And Pc If The Cd-rom Is Bad By The Use Of Flash Drive / Huawei E303 (glo) Modem Not Reading SIM Card After Failed Attempt To Unlock It / Help! My Cd Rom Is Not Working What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Dvd Rom Is Not Reading Any Disk. by sulakishop(m): 7:53pm On Dec 20, 2009
Hello house,
Pls I need help with the dvd rom of my laptop. It will not spin any disk and will not read from it as well. Any info will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Help! My Dvd Rom Is Not Reading Any Disk. by dominique(f): 10:03pm On Dec 20, 2009
you should check out this thread, it helped me when i was having similar problems.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-348228.0.html
Re: Help! My Dvd Rom Is Not Reading Any Disk. by sulakishop(m): 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2009
No luck, the thread did not help. Any info on cost of how to fix the lens or change the rom will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Help! My Dvd Rom Is Not Reading Any Disk. by Horus(m): 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2009
sulakishop:

Hello house,
Pls I need help with the dvd rom of my laptop. It will not spin any disk and will not read from it as well. Any info will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Maybe you can try to perform a test by borrowing from a friend an external DVD drive that you can connect to your laptop through USB drive.
Re: Help! My Dvd Rom Is Not Reading Any Disk. by sulakishop(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2009
Thanks. The drive has been confirmed damaged by an engineer but need an idea of the how to get it and the price. I could not get it here in Osogbo. It's with a SATA adapter and read/write both cd and dvd. Pls help is needed on dis.

(1) (Reply)

Wholesale And Retail Of Laptop Batteries And Other Accessories / Perfectly Working Hp Laserjet 1320 Printer For Sale / What's So Special About Ubuntu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.