Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

How To Stop Intentional Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Stop Intentional Sin (368 Views)

Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / RCCG Sunday School October 28 : Lesson 9, Topic – Intentional Disciple-making / 21 Things You Need To Stop Doing This New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Intentional Sin by christainslove: 6:24pm On Mar 20, 2017
The character Nancy in Oliver Twist said-It is never too late to be sorry for the past and to start a new life.
Everyone has made mistakes in the past that they regret. We can’t change the past, no matter how hard we try. We may be filled with pain over our past or the pain other people have put though.
God wants us to forgive ourselves. Hebrews 8:12-For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
If the Living God has forgiven us and forgotten our sins, how can we not forgive ourselves and forget our past mistakes?. What matters now is that we should learn from our past mistakes.
However we can’t take God’s mercy for granted. If you don’t repent and stop sinning intentionally, you would perish.
The Bible says- Hebrews 10- If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and raging fire that will consume all adversaries. Anyone who rejected the Law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think one deserves to be punished who has trampled on the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and insulted the Spirit of grace?.
However, wisdom is the principal thing and wisdom tells us God will forgive you for intentional sin if you repent from intentional sin like he did David when he sinned with Bathsheba. God never changes.
If you are afraid God wont forgive you because you sinned intentionally, don’t worry because God is a merciful God. It is God who makes us do his will so as long as you are doing his will, it means he is making you do his will and he has forgiven you. Philippians 2:13-For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Also in the New Testament, under the new covenant, he forgave a Christian who was sexually immoral(meaning he forgave a Christian who sinned intentionally so he can forgive you if you repent)
1 Corinthians 5:- 1It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. 2And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, 4In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

But after the sexually immoral Christain repented Paul said in 2 Corinthians 2- 6Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many. 7So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. 8Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.

So don’t worry, just repent and do God’s will. Just be merciful then God will surely forgive you because the Matthew 5:7 says-Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy. This means the merciful shall go to heaven.
Re: How To Stop Intentional Sin by LAFO: 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2017
Why the categories?

SIN

Is

SIN

(1) (Reply)

If You Work In Church This Is A Must Read! / Top 12 Offenses Christians Commit In Church / Week Of Spiritual Empowerment-pastor David Ibiyeomie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.