Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,658 members, 7,862,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:29 AM

So You're A Graduate Of What - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / So You're A Graduate Of What (333 Views)

The Cake Made For An English Graduate Of Ambrose Alli University / Application Letter Written By A Female Graduate Of Federal Poly Nekede (Photos) / Meet First Class Graduate Of OAU And 7 Times ICAN Prize Winner – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

So You're A Graduate Of What by mrnwas(m): 11:55pm On Mar 20, 2017
I remember that MTH 421 Lecture, Professor Adewale walked in and wrote the topic "Advanced Calculus" on the board and sat in his sit as we discussed the topic.

This is a course that's been everyone's headache in the entire class, you know among all the students in the university of (I will not mention the name of my University joor ), this MTH 421 is the most complained about.
"OK class, we have read chapter 2 and 3, you can attempt all the exercise on the book and I will see you in your exams".
Prof don go house oo...

And that was the first and last time he ever visited the class for an entire semester. That was how we entered the hall and that was how some people sat in the hall counting the ceilings.

Industrial mathematics is not a department where you come and read maths, its a place where you come and derive, equate and Integrate. We do not factorize because that's for the freshmen. But here we are. Reading mathematics.

Now after all these, I'm a graduate and I actually cannot come out boldly and teach mathematics in my PPA, my students brought one serious question in polynomial, I made sure I doge all their questions because my foundation was not strong in it.
Let's be frank...

What do we even learn from this thing called university sef?
What do we come out with?
A degree?
A certificate?
A first class or a 2.1?
And after that what else?

Mtcheew, these aren't enough my dear. If you made a 2.1 or first class, its nothing if you cannot use it to better your life ooo.
The one thing that'll differentiate you from the common man or that guy that didn't go to school is probably your level of reasoning, you're now exposed and you're different from those that didn't go to Mahadum.

Spoken English is a bonus because even some secondary school graduates can speak better than most graduates out there. If you doubt me, visit any if these Montessori school out there, I promise you go shame go house.
A university graduate that cannot even defend his certificate, is that one a graduate?

Yet we are the said product of these professors known to be tough, their ratings speaks high of them and that's why some people would want to run to the class the very first time their names are mentioned. These same students would have their zeal killed when they attend the first, second and third lectures cos they actually get to understand its not worth the time.

What have we learnt after all? You walk about and tell me you went to University of Portharcourt, University of Jos and all that names. These are names joor.

These institutions actually have nothing to offer and if they did, the time they had something to offer has passed.
I'm a graduate and I still go about looking for one job, I walk into my lecturers organization after reading about the vacancy, he personally interviews me, nods his head as he's sure I'm fit for the job, now present your credentials, I did, he after reading it, changed his mind about giving me the job.

At a close by bar, he tells his friend " I can not employ any graduate of that department now, don't you know they actually know nothing"? And they laugh and laugh and laugh whereas, they're the same persons that mold these undergrads.

Sometimes I do not blame these parents who spend millions for their child's education overseas. They see more than we see and na their Chi go bless them bountifully for seeking to give their kids the best education out there.

Education in Nigeria is good, it was good and still good but those employed to dish this knowledge should serve the duty they're paid for and not use the many millions to raise asses.

Make us assets to our Nation and not Asses.

This is my own piece of mind and I am sorry if you're affected. I know a lot of you can relate to this, some would want to share but feel so shy because they never know who is reading. But the thing is, some of these people do not even know the effects of what they do to us in the lecture halls.

Please share and speak your mind and be free.
I know over 87% of the people on my list are graduates, I'm sorry if your university education was not like mine and I'm happy for you if you've found your dream job but for the sake of those that are yet to get there, share this.
Cannot continue to breed asses instead of developing the intelligence Assets within.

You Can Get More From www.schoolxpress.org/2017/02/youre-graduate-of-what-if-you-cannot.html Also From www.richardnwachukwu.com.ng

You Can Join Me On Facebook Via www.facebook.com/poixonslik
©MrPinner 2017

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Scammer In 2017 UTME/JAMB EXAM.... / 8 Ways To Deal With Lies. / All Things You Need To Live A Good Life Is Within You And They Already Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.