Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,957 members, 7,828,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Protests Rock National Assembly, Makurdi Over Herdsmen Killings In Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protests Rock National Assembly, Makurdi Over Herdsmen Killings In Benue (631 Views)

Order Of Elections: Bribe Claims Rock National Assembly / Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung / Residents Flee Their Vilages Over Herdsmen Attack As Buhari Visits Nasarawa.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protests Rock National Assembly, Makurdi Over Herdsmen Killings In Benue by coolscott(m): 1:17am On Mar 21, 2017
I read these things and see them reported on tv and I remember that we were told that there is a new sheriff in town

By Joseph Erunke, Peter Duru & Levinus Nwabughiogu

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5031352_vanguardprotestsoverbenueherdsmenkillings_jpeg9b5955c715d21ca70fa9469541f55d6b

ABUJA— Protests over herdsmen killings in Benue State, yesterday, rocked the National Assembly, Abuja, and Makurdi, the state capital, where students across institutions of higher learning barricaded the busy Makurdi-Lafia Road for over two hours.

Meanwhile, Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State has explained that the reason he ordered the expulsion of herdsmen out of his state was to essentially protect the lives and property of his people. He said that as the Governor of the state, it was incumbent on him to secure the people against any internal and external aggression.

In Abuja
The peaceful protest in Abuja, which was staged to draw the National Assembly leadership’s attention to the killings in Benue State, did not achieve much of its aim as both the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, failed to turn up to address the protesters.

The protesters rejected a delegation of the National Assembly leadership, comprising three senators, including Jeremiah Useni (PDP, Plateau South), Thomson Sekibo (PDP, Rivers East) and Saaba Lafiagi (APC, Kwara North).

The protest, which started at 11a.m., disrupted both human and vehicular movements, as workers, visitors and some legislators, who had come early for work, could not gain entry because protesters had barricaded the main entrance and exit gates.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/protests-rock-national-assembly-makurdi-killings-benue/

1 Like

Re: Protests Rock National Assembly, Makurdi Over Herdsmen Killings In Benue by EnkayDezign: 1:19am On Mar 21, 2017
It's high time the government does something decisive in dealing with the menace of these herdsmen angry
Re: Protests Rock National Assembly, Makurdi Over Herdsmen Killings In Benue by HARDDON: 1:33am On Mar 21, 2017
Oh, Ortom finally woke up to his responsibilities huh? After thousands hv died? Thier blood is squarely on ur head
Re: Protests Rock National Assembly, Makurdi Over Herdsmen Killings In Benue by mykelmeezy: 3:10am On Mar 21, 2017
Nigeria is a zoo

but the north n middlebelt is becoming an abattoir

lord luggard in his grave thinking

Re: Protests Rock National Assembly, Makurdi Over Herdsmen Killings In Benue by ZombieTERROR: 3:22am On Mar 21, 2017
Useless protests everywhere
Don't they know that the police are busy rounding up all the Ile ife citizens that attacked the Hausas
Nobody has time for middle belt

They all voted Sai baba cool anyways

Re: Protests Rock National Assembly, Makurdi Over Herdsmen Killings In Benue by coolscott(m): 3:27am On Mar 21, 2017
mykelmeezy:
Nigeria is a zoo

but the north n middlebelt is becoming an abattoir
Nigeria is not a zoo, much as I sometimes like to give up in my heart.
How, with statements like this, do you expect any people to vote for you, anytime?
Re: Protests Rock National Assembly, Makurdi Over Herdsmen Killings In Benue by mykelmeezy: 3:33am On Mar 21, 2017
coolscott:

Nigeria is not a zoo, much as I sometimes like to give up in my heart.
How, with statements like this, do you expect any people to vote for you, anytime?

which is why you don't see me contesting for any post

geez stop reasoning with your anus

a country where as much as even 10 people can be killed and in over 6 months not a single arrest is a zoo .....

n abattoir coz do you see how humans are wasted like lesser animals?? some r even burnt

1 Like

Re: Protests Rock National Assembly, Makurdi Over Herdsmen Killings In Benue by coolscott(m): 9:17am On Mar 21, 2017
mykelmeezy:

which is why you don't see me contesting for any post

geez stop reasoning with your anus

a country where as much as even 10 people can be killed and in over 6 months not a single arrest is a zoo .....

n abattoir coz do you see how humans are wasted like lesser animals?? some r even burnt
Thumbs up. Ride on! Continue

(1) (Reply)

Checkout The 3 Things That Are Faulty With The NYSC Certificate Shared By Senato / Why Do Africans Get Angry When Africans Diss Their Country / PHOTO: Trekkers For Buhari, How Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.