Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,528 members, 7,865,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:46 PM

Wanted: Traffic Safety Ambassadors - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Wanted: Traffic Safety Ambassadors (429 Views)

10 Safety Tips For Night Driving You Should Never Neglect / 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook / 10 Safety Tips When Driving In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wanted: Traffic Safety Ambassadors by corbanism: 1:56pm On Mar 21, 2017
“This life is a risk, but the risk is by choice. As for me, I prefer to obey traffic rules, than risk endangering people’s lives just to gain only 5 – 10mins”

The above statement was made by a danfo (commercial bus) driver, Mr Hassan Mufutau Babatunde, in the Agege area of Lagos State. It came as a surprise to me, because if you live in Lagos you would agree that the traffic rules are often flaunted at will by commercial bus drivers.

I had an evening appointment, and not wanting to drive, I hopped on a commercial bus heading towards Agege-Pen-Cinema. The journey was uneventful until we approached the traffic light at Ashade by Guinness. The driver came to a halt and waited patiently for the lights to turn green. Several passengers started complaining that the driver was wasting time as other vehicles (including private cars) were beating the traffic light. The driver simply replied them, “I obey traffic rules”.

I was surprised and impressed at the same time. I began to observe his interaction with the road and other road users and the difference was clear. That is a Traffic Safety Ambassador!

We are out to discover more. Are you Traffic Safety conscious? Share your traffic safety story or of that person, you wish to appreciate and we will be happy to share
http://uturnn.com/wanted-traffic-safety-ambassadors/

(1) (Reply)

Checkout The Back To Future Truck / 10 Ways To Avoid Road Mishap / My Car Is Available For Your Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.