Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? (16999 Views)

Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise / Level 8 Salary In Federal Ministries As At December 2017 / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by XaintJoel20: 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2017
virus05:
Stay at home and work..I'm just 20 and I make *2-*4 of what bankers make/mth doin my cpa/affiliate marketing,seo. I don't know why Nigerians believe in job,Working under someone too much(I no no how una dey take enjoy that tin). I told my self that I'll never work under someone again the day my boss shouted on me when I was 15. I'm planning to establish a company and Be the Boss b4 I get to 26.. Think outside the box.

I'm still a uni student tho. So that when others dey show cert, I go show mine too

Waht exactly are you doing at home that is churning out millions?

We want to know.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by Pchinak: 4:33pm On Mar 21, 2017
Please consider the students and don't take this Job. You can't teach them, just give someone who can teach them a chance. As you do this, may your kind gesture find you your kind of job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by KealDrogo: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
Wow! Already on front page shocked I have read a lot of positive comments, I will consider talking it. sad
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
XaintJoel20:

Waht exactly are you doing at home that is churning out millions?

We want to know.

Lol, cant you see everybody don ignore the dude, He said 2* to 4× & i was like hmm possible, Then he said seo, affiliate & online, then i knew he is just spewing thrash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by AgentGoat: 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
KealDrogo:
I hate teaching because I'm very bad at it. I came to know this during my service year being a corper teacher, it felt like I'm always talking to myself alone the students seems not to comprehend all what I'm trying to explain, and I never tend to try harder because I can't afford to choked on my voice all in the name teaching which I despite.
It been years after serving my kinda job offers ain't coming. I prefer jobs that involve physical activities (field work) or even corporate work like bank jobs and the likes but I couldn't have any, and now I have gotten this offer as a Teacher (very sad) should I take it or not? Staying jobless is taking a toll on me
devil dey deceive you Abi?

1 Like

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2017
Take the job or stay hungry. I'm sure you are asking this question because you still have people feeding you

1 Like

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by Krisddon: 4:58pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jeez! Did u just say very sad? Don't let God be angry with you! Please decline the offer and get me connected Asap. I'm currently earning 19k as a teacher not because I planned it but because that's what I can do at the moment and there you are contemplating whether or not to take up a teaching job in a government school that is far less stressful and less demeaning (unlike what's obtainable in private schools where one receives an avalanche of insults per minute)
Well, from your write up, I deciphered your weakness.
Here's my little advice, please develop the attitude of reading it will enhance your communication skills both in speaking and writing as well. Also, try to disentangle yourself from the shackles of stage fright. You're a graduate for goodness' sake!

1 Like

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by mrgreen4real(m): 5:15pm On Mar 21, 2017
Farming is a field and physical work so go to farm
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by Icon79(m): 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2017
Should this even be a question? If you can't get what you want then you should take what you get. Short and simple.

You may not be good at teaching but you can definitely get better by doing it. That's how we learn stuff: by practicing. Practice, they say, makes perfect. You don't have to like what you do. It's a chore, that's why it's called WORK not FUN.

And whatever you do, please, try harder to be good at it....after all, you're getting paid to do it!

O pari

1 Like

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by Itunup(f): 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2017
Bros, I av never seen anybody who want to settle for a teaching job but if you can put your mind in it against all odds, you will never regret taking this decision.I left banking job for a teaching job in 2012, though it wasnt easy at first because the salary was nothing to write page about but I m glad today for making that decision. I have my own school now and I am doing well. The risk is worth taking. Secondly, you can be doing that while searching for your dream job. It is well with you.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by XaintJoel20: 5:27pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jiang:

Lol, cant you see everybody don ignore the dude, He said 2* to 4× & i was like hmm possible, Then he said seo, affiliate & online, then i knew he is just spewing thrash

No mind that dude.
This is how they come online and start dishing out figures to deceive gullible Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by Odunharry(m): 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2017
Teaching isn't for everyone.. Op pls if you don't have passion for the job dont accept it.
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by madjune(m): 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2017
You need to deal with the home truths.

First, do you hate the job because of the poor take home pay?
Or you're not well versed in the subject you reach?
Or, you are not a long talker?

If the first two are out of it, then see, you can work on yourself to adapt.
It's for your own good in the long run.

I also taught when I served and believe me, I hate talking for over 10mins.
But I realised that one can talk for longer if everywhere is quiet. So, i would get every one to keep quiet and then roll.

And, in the end I took home some home truths.

1. Over time, people will accept you the way you are and the way you speak.

2. You will adapt to your own comfortable way of speaking.

3. You will learn more about the subject who study to teach it and actually, teach it.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by buffalowings: 6:02pm On Mar 21, 2017
XaintJoel20:
If your Youth Service was in the North and in rural setting. OP you have no reason to be worried that they could not comprehend.

Those children down North their head don drink oyel.
They have comprehension problem.
I am taking from experience as an ex corp member.

Take the job if you will not be teaching in a similar setting.

o boi
head dey drink oyel

grin

1 Like

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by karwa: 6:15pm On Mar 21, 2017
just take the job and develop on the job skills, passion for your subject, love your students,patience communication skills, while looking for your dream job,most teachers don't even like the job,teaching can be fun some times,just like any job in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by enshi(m): 6:19pm On Mar 21, 2017
KealDrogo:
I hate teaching because I'm very bad at it. I came to know this during my service year being a corper teacher, it felt like I'm always talking to myself alone the students seems not to comprehend all what I'm trying to explain, and I never tend to try harder because I can't afford to choked on my voice all in the name teaching which I despite.
It been years after serving my kinda job offers ain't coming. I prefer jobs that involve physical activities (field work) or even corporate work like bank jobs and the likes but I couldn't have any, and now I have gotten this offer as a Teacher (very sad) should I take it or not? Staying jobless is taking a toll on me

Pls Whats the pay like... Before i can advice effectively
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by napoleon77(m): 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
KealDrogo:

You have been jobless but asking for advice about accepting a job offer? Ok

You have gotten a job offer as a teacher but you think it's very sad? Ok

Just out of curiosity, did you apply for the job? Or you got the job on a platter of gold as an unemployed graduate?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by b3llo(m): 6:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
virus05:
Stay at home and work..I'm just 20 and I make *2-*4 of what bankers make/mth doin my cpa/affiliate marketing,seo. I don't know why Nigerians believe in job,Working under someone too much(I no no how una dey take enjoy that tin). I told my self that I'll never work under someone again the day my boss shouted on me when I was 15. I'm planning to establish a company and Be the Boss b4 I get to 26.. Think outside the box.

I'm still a uni student tho. So that when others dey show cert, I go show mine too
Can I pm you?
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by sonofthunder: 7:16pm On Mar 21, 2017
KealDrogo:

That's part of the problem, I just don't care if the students understand or not. I can't take this habit into a full-time job where I can be held accountable for
you can't really force the students to learn (at least not all) but that you don't care? you mean you have no empathy for fellow humans? is it that most of your teachers/leaders also didn't care?
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by Deilluminator(m): 7:32pm On Mar 21, 2017
In today's world, if you are a one skilled man, you will definitely find it difficult to excel easily. Bro, just upgrade. Must of us despised teaching during our days in the secondary schools but it ended up being saviour from unemployment. I really enjoy teaching.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by wandhy: 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2017
KealDrogo:
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by wandhy: 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
Just be prepared to work for about a year before being paid. Naa my own b dat.
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by Seunjungle(m): 7:57pm On Mar 21, 2017
Stupid people with stupid questions! When you don't ability towards the job must you intent yo take it? I begiii
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by ufuosman(m): 8:08pm On Mar 21, 2017
dive am fast
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by Kazrem(m): 8:11pm On Mar 21, 2017
KealDrogo:

The two bolded words said it all. You can do what you hate. I would have suggested attitudinal change but you seem unredeemably recovered
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by Galantsantana(m): 8:19pm On Mar 21, 2017
Working for FME or the Federal Colleges in naija is notin to envy or dream of. Besides, i am 100% certain that u wud b owed for the first yr of joining minimum. Most anoyin tin is dat u wud not b paid d salary areas for almost 5yrs after u start getin ur monthly netpay of 51,500. I wount discourage u, u still dey labour market guy. Funny enough, Frds dat i left dere haven't bin paid since I left!!!! However, i still beliv in d workability of naija. IRepNaija
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by ajabani4allah(m): 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
cool
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by ajabani4allah(m): 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
hmmmm, ENI TOLORI KONI FILA...!!! such is life
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by roeb1987(m): 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2017
my guy, there's a wide gap between gainfuly employed and jobless. when u're employed u take decesion on ur own, but otherwise will be taken by whosoever is taken ur responsibility. accept the job offer now before poverty, jobless and idleness teaches u the otherside of the life. i don talk ma own
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by FLAKARIBE(m): 10:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
Teaching and the need for cash to sustain one.
Back in the days as a medical student from oau ife, was able to get a teaching job at agbara, badagry . Lagos during a long strike that lasted one year. Took maths jss1. Extra lessons and home lessons... Am-pm, 7days of the week 2004/2005, saved 1/2 a million bro. Imagine... Took me a long way on resumption. I went in for short term. I know someone that started same, then after school lesson, jamb classes, now a full college /school....
Do not limit yourself..
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by ransomed: 10:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
If you despise the little , how will God commit bigger things into your hand? Take it asap and prospect for a better and colour future.
Re: Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? by Prasido17(m): 11:06pm On Mar 21, 2017
I am a waste tire supplier and I have about 1,000 waste tires and above ,
if you are interested I will supply them to your company FOR RECYCLING.

CONTACT thinktwice4jesus17@hotmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAFDAC Aptitute Test Results / Something Is Wrong Somewhere / Apply For The 2017 Recare Limited Graduate Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.