Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. (5754 Views)

Gov. Okorocha, The Cancers On Imsuth. Behind Demonstrators’ 21 Days Ultimatum. / If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners / INEC Officer Bleeds From Head As He Announces Election Results In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by Amah70: 8:07am On Mar 22, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqqlyhIxUMc

December 2010 campaign in Orlu

Rochas Okorocha saying: if not the University Teaching Hospital established in Orlu, previous governments of Imo state denied Orlu development infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by Amah70: 8:19am On Mar 22, 2017
In 2016, for his personal business interest, Gov Okorocha set up a committee to see if the Imo state University Teaching Hospital Orlu can be relocated to Owerri.

http://imostate.gov.ng/news/okorocha-inaugurates-amnesty-committee-on-repentant-militants-cancels-mou-between-host-communities-and-oil-companies/
Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by Amah70: 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
Owerri:

New roads/layouts to increase the population of the state capital

If one or two of the new roads/layouts were built in Okigwe or Orlu, developers could have also followed. .

Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by B2mario(m): 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
tysontim:
What I can deduct from this is Jealousy
jealousy my good brother. That man everytime Orlu Orlu, what of other urban part of Imo state. To me, Rochas has done well in that Orlu.

Owerri being the capital city requires more attention than everyother place in Imo state.
Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by kikake: 7:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
B2mario:

jealousy my good brother. That man everytime Orlu Orlu, what of other urban part of Imo state. To me, Rochas has done well in that Orlu.

Owerri being the capital city requires more attention than everyother place in Imo state.

You are right about jealousy.

But it is right for others to be jealous of Owerri as more than 90% of allocations to Imo state and its 27 local govt areas from the federal govt is used by Rochas govt to build only on Owerri.

3 Likes

Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by amakenny: 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2017
When push comes to shove, leadership is going beyond boundaries in Imo state.
Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by Amah70: 5:04pm On Mar 23, 2017
The gate by Okorocha government

Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by Amah70: 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2017
Orlu: Sam Okwaraji stadium demobilized in 2012 by this govt is now being re-roofed and repainted.

Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by B2mario(m): 9:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
Amah70:
Orlu: Sam Okwaraji stadium demobilized in 2012 by this govt is now being re-roofed and repainted.
but brother no vex ooo. this one is not a standard stadium it looks more like a square
Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by B2mario(m): 9:22pm On Mar 23, 2017
B2mario:

but brother no vex ooo. this one is not a standard stadium it looks more like a square
Rochas needs to convert this one to a standard square after the completion of the new one.

But Udenwa really tried for Orlu
Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by B2mario(m): 9:31pm On Mar 23, 2017
@Amah70, I heard that this teaching hospital occupies the two sides of the road and the land has been expanded, and new blocks built. But why then is Rochas trying to relocate it to Owerri after expanding it?

Or the information of relocation is still based on rumor which is peculiar to southeast politics.

Abagworo Pls come and help here
Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by Amah70: 11:32pm On Mar 23, 2017
B2mario:
@Amah70, I heard that this teaching hospital occupies the two sides of the road and the land has been expanded, and new blocks built. But why then is Rochas trying to relocate it to Owerri after expanding it?

Or the information of relocation is still based on rumor which is peculiar to southeast politics.

Not rumours. Please go to the link above for the kangaroo committee established for relocation.

You are right. The Teaching Hospital got new structures built during Okorocha administration.
It's unimaginable to many people that any person could contemplate relocating it to another place.

But it's widely believed that Rochas Okorocha wanted to relocate IMSUTH to Owerri so that Owerri shall not be bothered when Rochas says his Rochas Foundation has fully bought Eastern Palm University in Ogboko, Okorocha's hometown.
Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by Abagworo(m): 11:45pm On Mar 23, 2017
B2mario:

The truth is that the hospital is poorly sited but I don't believe there's any such plan. Udenwa made very grave mistakes in siting his Orlu projects at areas not close to major road. If the Orlu international market was located at city center it would have grown and expanded by now. The teaching hospital was sited in a remote area where nobody can access without a private car or okada. If that hospital was sited along Orlu-Owerri highway it would have attracted patients beyond Orlu all the way to Owerri, Ihiala and Mgbidi. One of the major problems of the hospital is limited number of patients. Rochas Okorocha has built better structures than the poultry farm built by Udenwa .

1 Like

Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by obicentlis: 12:17am On Mar 24, 2017
Abagworo:

The truth is that the hospital is poorly sited but I don't believe there's any such plan. Udenwa made very grave mistakes in siting his Orlu projects at areas not close to major road. If the Orlu international market was located at city center it would have grown and expanded by now. The teaching hospital was sited in a remote area where nobody can access without a private car or okada. If that hospital was sited along Orlu-Owerri highway it would have attracted patients beyond Orlu all the way to Owerri, Ihiala and Mgbidi. One of the major problems of the hospital is limited number of patients. Rochas Okorocha has built better structures than the poultry farm built by Udenwa .
Nwannaaaa, for once condemn bad thing. You are not closer to Anayo Ethelbert Okorocha more than me, but sincerely I understand every bit of the op concern. One problem with our brother Rochas is, he doesn't venture into anything without ulterior motive. Any road, he is constructing, check very well, he is targeting a strategic vast of land. Any market he plans to relocate, he is targeting the that land .
In a simple language, Rochas is a devil incarnate. I used to admire him but when I got close to him and his govt., I found out that he is far from being honest and trustworthy. The funds he wasted on constructing and reconstructing of poor roads is enough to get us standard and higher number of KM roads.
All the rural roads are abandoned. Even roads in his LGA has failed within 3 years on construction, even the rural roads in his village is an eye sore. I just pity his kids, he is making and packing bad names for them.

2 Likes

Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by Amah70: 1:56am On Mar 24, 2017
Abagworo:

IMSUTH is best located. It is half-way between two major roads; about 500meters between Old Owerri Road and Amaigbo road within Orlu urban town.
When the road to IMSUTH was good, the institution worked perfectly well and the more than 200 beds always filled.

The hospital's problems were deliberately created when in the last five years, Okorocha hatched his plans to have a soft-landing from Owerri for his private university in his hometown, and deliberately refused to repair the washed out road to IMSUTH, after he promised to dualize the road. He withheld workers' salaries for months, refused to fuel the gens, and darkness enveloped IMSUTH at night.

FYI, Ariaria International market is not sited on Aba-Portharcourt Expressway or on Asa Road. The International market in Orlu booms, stalls nearly fully occupied. You can buy anything here, except humans.

Why is Okorocha govt bent on removing Eke Owerri from Owerri City centre if you believe that International market Orlu should have been built in Orlu City Centre?

1 Like

Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by Amah70: 3:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
B2mario:

I am convinced that you have not been to that stadium before, judging from your comment.

The new one seems to have been abandoned, work stopped on it long ago.

1 Like

Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by Amah70: 7:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
Eastern Palm University, Ogboko, Ideato South Lga.

Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by B2mario(m): 12:22am On Mar 26, 2017
Amah70:
Eastern Palm University, Ogboko, Ideato South Lga.
Nice one
Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by Amah70: 6:58pm On Mar 27, 2017
Road to IMSUTH Orlu from Owerri-Orlu road. Five years ago, the road was scrapped and deliberately abandoned like this till today.

Re: Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. by zicky(m): 11:38am On Mar 04, 2018
kikake:

You are right about jealousy.

But it is right for others to be jealous of Owerri as more than 90% of allocations to Imo state and its 27 local govt areas from the federal govt is used by Rochas govt to build only on Owerri.
please when last did owerri zone produce a governor, you guys don't remember that, thank God it's not someone from owerri that us doing all these if not we no go hear word. the truth is that the location of owerri is what is going for it very strategic, you can enter owerri from any of the other lga or major towns(ph, aba, onitsha, umuahia) within 45mins

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos 2019 Budget Already In The House- Budget Commissioner / Bode George: I Will Mention Names Of Fake NADECO Activists In My Book / Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.