Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

I Am A Mad Person - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Am A Mad Person (1262 Views)

Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again By Ola Rotimi, A Review / Diary Of A MAD Woman / Short Story: The Sex Life Of A Lagos Mad Woman (femi Debonaire's Version) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Mad Person by equality(m): 11:46am On Dec 21, 2009
When I tell people I am a “MAD” person, they immediately begin to look for the nearest escape route. What they do not realize is that every good thing in life they have access to is because of my kind of “MADNESS.” Before you start reciting Quranic verses or pleading the blood of Jesus, take time to read further and see for yourself.

The Oxford dictionary describes a mad person as any of the following; insane, wildly foolish, frenzied to mention a few. In other words, a mad person is some who is not understood by the people around him. He is often ostracized, alienated, and sometimes lynched for daring to sprout the thoughts that occupy his mind. By now, am sure you are thinking, “This guy is surely insane.” Patiently follow me and am sure that by the end of this piece you would love to be as ‘MAD’ if not “MADDER” than me.

One interesting thing I have discovered is that this state of mind is often used to describe someone whose mind sees things that are not already in existence and as such deemed impossible. Not necessarily because the products of their minds are unachievable, but because the minds of their hearers are too shallow to conceive, comprehend and believe the possibility. For instance, imagine what the response of people in the 17th century would be if they were told that just three centuries to come, it would be possible to access just any information needed through a device called the World Wide Web. Alternatively, imagine the reaction of people in the days of Galileo Galilee when he said the world was spherical and not flat (he was stoned to death). I am sure Thomas Edison, the Wright brothers and other numerous examples available were also termed “MAD” when they started working on the notable inventions that make them notable people today and their different madness has brought us better life today.

The interesting thing is that the people who labeled these innovative people “MAD” would turn round to applaud them when their dreams finally become reality. I then realized that everything useful to humanity today started out as “MAD” ideas some years back. This makes it highly unfortunate to abandon your ideas because somebody somewhere declared it impossible and called you “MAD” for conceiving them. Rather you should count it all joy for you are experiencing the thing that precedes the kind of worldwide recognition that great people achieve. This way you would be able to see yourself through the process of transforming your MADNESS to a highly celebrated achievement.

In conclusion, their kind of “MADNESS” is no doubt a pre requisite to outstanding success. Imagine the world without the kind of “MADNESS” that produced the computer, telephone, oil, electricity, the light bulb, the internet and other notable inventions. As for me, I would embrace their kind of “MADNESS” with open arms and you are welcome to join me if you are not too refined to be proud when you are called a “MAD” person. However, note that if your idea does not attract negative statements from people, they would hardly notice your achievements. Nigeria needs more “MAD” people who would question convention, broaden their horizons, read widest and never rest until they contribute positively to the development of their father land. “WOULD YOU BE ONE OF THEM”

Inspire and be inspired.Visit successmagnets..com
Re: I Am A Mad Person by Akebulan: 11:58am On Dec 21, 2009
"Crazy" by Seal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd2ayCVmqy0

Your post reminds me of this song. Not only because they have similar titles but because they also have similar meanings. Nice post.
Re: I Am A Mad Person by Bossbitch(f): 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2009
True. . . no genius ever existed without a touch of madness grin wink grin

(1) (Reply)

"Chimamanda Adichie's "Yellow Hibiscus" By Chidi Anthony Opara / Best Creative Writing Blog / Allwrite Story And Book Review Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.