Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI (8568 Views)

Students Protest Against Closure Of Tertiary Institutions / UNIBEN Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light (photos) / Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by Freeman85(m): 8:09am On Mar 22, 2017
Isaolamide:
Mobilization going on in Indy and zik for protest right now.
its always Indy and Zik, the great katanga republic and Baluba republic. katangite for life
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by 9nice1x: 8:18am On Mar 22, 2017
Strike actions a bit light in recent years though not ideal for us as a country. First students' action in this great citadel of learning was aar of converting chicken to turkey at d bukateria, also be reminded that the Science NLT, students received lectures with A/C sys. Advised that current students remained focus and ensure you graduate in flying colours. Don't see any situation changing even in future. Coming from a Grtest Gbo gbo, a grtest Kutite, a Jesus People.
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by Beejay1117(m): 8:21am On Mar 22, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Reason why the school should be closed permanently for​ a few years.
you ate oau
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by SmartchoicesNG: 8:22am On Mar 22, 2017
Beejay1117:
you ate oau

Really? You are a perfect example of the rot and decay in our educational​ system.
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by Beejay1117(m): 8:32am On Mar 22, 2017
ehissi:

All your own na 2 years, abi them use 2 years swear give you...... angry

Abi you don first mark register for ikoyi prison 2 years.......... angry

All these OAU and LAUTECH alumni/students sef..... undecided
no mind them
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by Thisboysef(m): 8:40am On Mar 22, 2017
2shur:
Abegi.
U.i na school.
Fucking retards
Fucking moros
Bleep u.i
Fuc d v.c
Fuc the d.v.c
Fuc every u.i student on here
Fuc u all men.
U pussi cats deserve to be kicked outta school men.
Wtf
There aint no light
Or water.
Wtf u dumb ass sickos want.
There aint no electricity.water ..security up in this damn country of ours and rathe lr than i guys to shut d fuc up take your monkey asses bac to where yall came from u sit d fuc bac and stage a protest shiiit.
The v.c doesnt gif a fuc
Neither does u.i
Abeg who help diz guy see em sense, e be like say him lost am during em child birth
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by yemmybx(m): 8:50am On Mar 22, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

You people deserve to be sent home for two years at least
Mind you, Once a Uite forever a Uite!

Uites deserve the Best!
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by Tolams16(m): 8:55am On Mar 22, 2017
2shur:
Abegi.
U.i na school.
Fucking retards
Fucking moros
Bleep u.i
Fuc d v.c
Fuc the d.v.c
Fuc u all men.
Wtf
There aint no light
Or water.
There aint no electricity.water ..security up in this damn country of ours and rathe lr than i guys to shut d fuc up take your monkey asses bac to where yall came from u sit d fuc bac and stage a protest shiiit.
The v.c doesnt gif a fuc
Neither does u.i

Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by AreaFada2: 8:55am On Mar 22, 2017
adioolayi:
Protests over and over again on the same issues across all institutions..... What exactly is the role of VCs in terms of student welfare How is it impossible to find a lasting solution to access to stable electricity and portable water in Universities that should be hub of Nation's research and development

Although this protest was as a result of strike embarked upon by non-academic staffs

I tire for this country

The same reason Nigeria cannot provide light & water for its citizens. Despite Nigeria's huge resources. A university is a microcosm of Nigeria.

VC = president. University senate = NASS.

We have failure at every level.
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 22, 2017
m like how will a school not have water supply? the basic of all amenities, shior
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by emmasege: 11:01am On Mar 22, 2017
I am reliably informed that a nationwide strike of all the three unions is very imminent, so undergraduates of all Nigerian universities should start bracing up. The current ugly development in UI affects most federal universities in Nigeria: shortfall in salalries, forced deduction of pensions, non-payment of allowances etc.
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by mikeapollo: 12:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
engrMikemd:
Activities have been grounded at the University of Ibadan due to the strike embarked on by the three non -academic staff unions of the institution .
They are Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, Non-Academic Staff Union and National Association of Academic Technicians.
The unions began indefinite strike on March 10 to protest against shortfalls in payment of salaries and illegal deduction in pension since December 2016.
Some of the students who reside on the campus told News Agency Nigeria that staying was becoming unbearable due to their inability to access water and electricity.
They called on the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Idowu Olayinka, to find a way to resolve issues with the striking workers.
Director of Communication of the university, Olatunji Oladejo, said he was in a management meeting hence could not react immediately.
The university has no fewer than 8,000 students in the halls of residence.

http://punchng.com/students-protest-against-lack-of-water-light-at-ui/

Can we now compare UI to University of Legon (Ghana) that was also established in 1948?.
We are just big for nothing country
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by Beejay1117(m): 12:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
[quote author=SmartchoicesNG post=54825939]

Really? You are a perfect example of the rot and decay in our educational​ system.[/quot ]

Take a chill pill, its a typo

I wanted to type "you are oau? "
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by Beejay1117(m): 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
Take a chill pill, its a typo

I wanted to type "you are oau? "
SmartchoicesNG:

Really? You are a perfect example of the rot and decay in our educational​ system.
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by YorubasAreSmart: 1:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
2shur:
Abegi.
U.i na school.
Fucking retards
Fucking moros
Bleep u.i
Fuc d v.c
Fuc the d.v.c
Fuc u all men.
Wtf
There aint no light
Or water.
The v.c doesnt gif a fuc
Neither does u.i y
BOKO HARAM WILL BOMB UI VERY SOON.
MARK MY WORDS
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by jaymejate: 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hahaha grin

This school will finally become like OAU.
Oh the Mighty has fallen!

Old boring schools. Now Unilorin, the so called glorified secondary school don de better you.
grin grin grin grin
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by jaymejate: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
adioolayi:
Protests over and over again on the same issues across all institutions..... What exactly is the role of VCs in terms of student welfare How is it impossible to find a lasting solution to access to stable electricity and portable water in Universities that should be hub of Nation's research and development

Although this protest was as a result of strike embarked upon by non-academic staffs

I tire for this country

They probably don't have DSA grin
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by 2shur: 3:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
Boko haram dey west.
I nor believe
YorubasAreStupid:
BOKO HARAM WILL BOMB UI VERY SOON.
MARK MY WORDS
Re: NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI by haroldlewis2: 8:02am On Jul 23, 2018
No one is fully confident before the exam hours. Everyone has some kind of fear in their mind which makes them react in some unusual way. Great post thanks for sharing. Buy Dissertation Online UK

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inquiries About FRCN Training School / Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel / 10 Times Nature Made Us Say “NOPE” (VIEWERS DISCRETION)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.