Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,319 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Eggs: How Do U Test To Know If They Are Bad - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eggs: How Do U Test To Know If They Are Bad (1778 Views)

How To Tell If Your Eggs Are Still Fresh / 7 Foods That Are Bad For Your Brain / Eggs Are Bad For The Heart! #fact Or #myth ???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eggs: How Do U Test To Know If They Are Bad by TanaG(f): 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2007
I heard if they float in water,they are bad. but when yer buying in the market how do u know
Re: Eggs: How Do U Test To Know If They Are Bad by oluchikeh(f): 6:36pm On Jan 23, 2007
freash eggs are usually ruddy i n appearane as in not fine smoth
spoiled eggs will make sounds when u shake it close t ur ear
if u shake it and it doesnt make sounds like water in a small container then it is ok

if u want to boil it the u dont need very fresh eggs just do the shaking test bc u cant boil very fersh eggs
it'll not peel properly. the egg whit wil cling to the shells
but for anyother purpose do the two tests

appearance test and shaking test
Re: Eggs: How Do U Test To Know If They Are Bad by toptho(f): 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2007
My Aunty used to raise it up and look at it through her fingers after making an o-shape.She said good eggs must be clear
Re: Eggs: How Do U Test To Know If They Are Bad by naijacutee(f): 12:35am On Jan 29, 2007
Crack 'em open and take a big whiff.
Re: Eggs: How Do U Test To Know If They Are Bad by dominique(f): 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2007
i used to test for bad eggs by floating on water until i broke an egg that didmt float. you can imagine the stench shocked. after that i just feel the weight of the egg before fryin. bad rggs are lighter than fresh eggs
Re: Eggs: How Do U Test To Know If They Are Bad by Tweetie(f): 1:02am On Feb 07, 2007
well, u check for the expiry date.
Re: Eggs: How Do U Test To Know If They Are Bad by Gamine(f): 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2007
well, u check for the expiry date
omo we dey naija ooh undecided
Re: Eggs: How Do U Test To Know If They Are Bad by OpeLovely(f): 3:59am On Feb 15, 2007
The eggs must be free from cracks, should have a smooth surface and then shake the eggs. If you hear any sound or feel the yoke move, then its bad. Once you break it, a foul odour emits out.
Re: Eggs: How Do U Test To Know If They Are Bad by amaks: 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2007
ope says smooth surface,olu says roughsurface,

pls,which one?

(1) (Reply)

Can You Eat This Cake / Dangerous Palm Oil On Sale, Please Beware People (pics***) / Five Incredible Ways To Cook Noodles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.