Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. (709 Views)

Who Will Save Some Nigerians From Intellectual Laziness? - Femi Adesina / Lai Mohammed Elected Vice-president Of UN World Tourism Organisation / Nnamdi Kanu Visits Ebonyi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by gnykelly(m): 4:04am On Mar 22, 2017
I haven't seen a people who are hardworking as this people even in in face of extreme difficulty you find hope in the face of both the young and old.

in other part of Nigeria, the notion that electricity is Nigeria major problem doesn't hold here. the major problem here is water.(as we know water is LIFE).

when I arrive this state it was during raining season every where was lush green, and the yield was bountiful.
the third week of October it stopped raining completely, gradually the plant start loosing it green. and by February, thick mighty bush dried completely.

now, a new problem surfaced. from close observation, the structure of Ebonyi state and it political class only give preference to the state capital (Abakaliki). where the state water works is located. and it only serves the capital. The other 13 Local Govt Area are riddled with hand pump bore holes that was done by United Nations Development Programme UNDP. most of these bore holes lack proper maintenance. it would be hard to believe that one has to wait for 20min to fetch just a 10liter bucket. The situation is worst that people keep vigil at all this bore holes state wide. as corp member, I've been privilege by people to wavier the queue and get a bucket. but what if I need more than a bucket. you will start seeing the frown and grumble.

all these are even a minor case, of recent, I decided to take a tour of inner villages, what I see shocked my being. My fellow human being scooping out rain water that were dam last year. this water is extremely dirty and muddy. but they keep scooping up joyously with attendant effect on the community health. there survival I can safely allude to grace.

some will even ask what is the state govt doing?. well, having lived here for a while, i can savely my conclude that the decision maker here Majors in Minor things, and Minor in Major things. you might say I'm too harsh.

but my typical example is that of the Govt building water fountain in the state capital that serves ONLY the purpose of pleasure. when the inner villages don't even have water for basic things like drinking and bathing.
there are a lot of issues that burden the state, but this water problem is life threatening.

I'm using this medium to call on well meaning Nigerians, NGO, and the International community to come and do independent survey of all what I've claimed. and rescue it from it decision maker.

Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by gnykelly(m): 4:18am On Mar 22, 2017
cc: lalasticlala LagosNIV jphillip
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by Olafashion(f): 5:20am On Mar 22, 2017
sad
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by Nobody: 5:28am On Mar 22, 2017
This your phone quality sef...

Most villages have a river or a natural body of water close by in case of hard times. It seems implausible that ebonyi; which is in the region that experiences high rainfall, would lack this.
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by Atiku2019: 5:34am On Mar 22, 2017
your Governor Dave Umahi and PMB
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by alex81(m): 5:54am On Mar 22, 2017
gnykelly:

in other part of Nigeria, the notion that electricity is Nigeria major problem doesn't hold here.

How? which community did u serve? don't come an be saying wat u don't know abeg.

i also served in ebonyi state. electricity supply is very poor only d state capital enjoys good electricity, water supply very poor too especially during d dry season. the good thing there is dat their gals are very endowed in d upper part n beautiful, and ebonyans are very nice people.

mama chikaodi always dashing me banana every I time I pass. My students always sending me 'shower chop', fruits n mangoes... just to mention a few.

I miss ebonyi.
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by gnykelly(m): 10:50am On Mar 22, 2017
alex81:

How? which community did u serve? don't come an be saying wat u don't know abeg.

i also served in ebonyi state. electricity supply is very poor only d state capital enjoys good electricity, water supply very poor too especially during d dry season. the good thing there is dat their gals are very endowed in d upper part n beautiful, and ebonyans are very nice people.

mama chikaodi always dashing me banana every I time I pass. My students always sending me 'shower chop', fruits n mangoes... just to mention a few.

I miss ebonyi.

the water problem is extreme.
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by gnykelly(m): 10:52am On Mar 22, 2017
SirWere:

Most villages have a river or a natural body of water close by in case of hard times. It seems implausible that ebonyi; which is in the region that experiences high rainfall, would lack this.

most stream here are like mirage they dried up completely
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 22, 2017
gnykelly:

most stream here are like mirage they dried up completely
Wow, that's extreme.
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by meezynetwork(m): 11:31am On Mar 22, 2017
This analysis of the water problem in ebonyi is true but I can also say that this problem is also peculiar to many rural areas in all states in Nigeria. Water has always been a problem in nigeria
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by gnykelly(m): 7:43pm On May 22, 2017
SirWere:

sirWere this is not a natural water body. it was dammed from rain fall.
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by dokiOloye(m): 8:04pm On May 22, 2017
Stop lying up and down op.
First of all,most of d boreholes in d Ebonyi were done by either politicians/govt and then community development efforts.
2ndly,d water being fetched from d streams are probably for bathing and other house chores,being that there's usually a small queue in d boreholes so a family would rather fetch 1 or 2 gallons for drinking and cooking rather than spend a lot of time on d queue for all their water needs and its d same situation in EVERY rural community in all d states in Nigeria.
There a borehole in almost every primary and secondary school in Ebonyi State minus other scattered ones,d worst is that d little boy of d family ties a gallon to his bicycle and makes several trips to d nearest one and fills d containers d family use for drinking and cooking.
I at loss wt d need for your alarming headline cos d north is where d real water problem is.(No offence meant)
I have severally seen animals and humans drink from d same watering holes in several places in Yobe state while I lived there.
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by EmeeNaka: 8:20pm On May 22, 2017
That's such a sad news from Ebonyi.
Ebonyi has been one state that lacked access to clean water but I don't know that the problem is persisting till date. The government of most state in SE generally do not provide potable water to their populace, it's usually individuals that do it here in Anambra and sell the water or give it free.
The potable water availability should be among the priority project of every government, not least Ebonyi state where some water borne diseases are prevalent.
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by uglyafonja: 8:27pm On May 22, 2017
This Op can lie for Africa.....

it can happen everywhere and anywhere..... the issue of water is a Nigerian problem...even in the west da still lack water even in urban and rural areas...
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by tociano009(m): 8:49pm On May 22, 2017
alex81:

mama chikaodi always dashing me banana every I time I pass. My students always sending me 'shower chop', fruits n mangoes... just to mention a few. I miss ebonyi.
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by lockupnop: 8:53pm On May 22, 2017
It's a pity all this MoD don't know how to read development news this should be in FP undecided
Re: UN World Water DAY: Who Will Save Ebonyi State. by SlayerForever: 9:15pm On May 22, 2017
It is really bad.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Shuts 100 ‘pure Water’ Firms / Re: Sell Out Mission Of Agulueri And Anambra State Inheritance By Dr Tony Nwoye / 3 Ways Newly Built Ojota Bridge Will Lead To A Cleaner Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.