Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

"I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali (21822 Views)

Hammed Ali's Handshake With A Female Customs Officer (Pictured) / List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by galadima77(m): 12:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
UltraLeslie1:
Why's that foolish thief, Ali employing deflection to manipulate Nigerians?

Mr. Ali, Nigerians do not care if you impound the containers of all the big men in Nigeria--that has never been the cause of the national uproar which your stupidity and insensitivity stirred.

We are talking about the planned custom duty extortion by the Nigerian customs going into the streets and demanding drivers produce custom duty papers on old vehicles.

Tell us if you had the President's support on that and stop trying to deviate from the matter at hand.

Gbam!!! Jah bless you! You seem to be the only person who feels my grief over this funny looking man's policy.

Ali talks about big man this, big man that! What about the average man with a vehicle of over 2 years on the road? Some ppl just wake up and support what they barely understand.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Nusaf: 12:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
marv1:
Nawa for u o. So it is the masses that import bullet proof vehicles and will not pay for import duties. Polithievians are just deceiving u.

True talk. The politicians are just capitalising on the naivety and gullibility of some ill-educated Nigerians. How many ordinary Nigerians have the "necessary connections" and influence to evade Import Duties?

The duties on their fleet of cars can build mansions in expensive places all over Nigeria and they know this administration will ensure they pay up, regardless of their status.
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by ijobafatty: 12:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ali I dash u did fine girl for d good job...abeg punish all those big men..most of them trading on drugs sef......

1 Share

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Nellybii: 12:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
Never mix politics with your music career. !!
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by SalamRushdie: 12:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Saraki motorcade belong to Govt so that's out of it but his private cars can be stop and seize..

A man using corolla and failed to pay for duty will face the wrath, Can you try that in the States? Even in Benn republic our neighbor them no born you well.. Sanity need to return to Nigeria and it's gradually..

Is it not the car dealer and imprter that is suppose to pay duties and put in in the final price of the corrolla ? Oga are sure you understand this policy at all

2 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by SalamRushdie: 12:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
StarPlayer:
No need explaining jack to a flat headed dullard

As usual you have stereotyped me without even knowing me sef
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by eph123(f): 12:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
magoo10:
you have the support of the president after failing in your duties to protect the sea ports and land borders including connivance of your men with smugglers all you could come up with is reap off unsuspecting Nigerians and ask them to pay your institutions ineptitude.

How many of your officers have you laid off due to these smuggling?

How many have you convicted?

Very soon criminals in the name of security agencies will stand on the road and be molesting Nigerians.

Since the inception of this fake change govt Nigerians have been paying un bargained fees or the other.

It's been a "change" full of pain for Nigerians. No single good thing this government has achieved, only hikes and negative policies.
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Raziii(m): 12:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Is it not the car dealer and imprter that is suppose to pay duties and put in in the final price of the corrolla ? Oga are sure you understand this policy at all
Just let go of him bro, like most of them here, he clearly doesn't understand the new policy and how it will affect the average man. Its a pity anyway.

3 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by magoo10(m): 12:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
eph123:

It's been a "change" full of pain for Nigerians. No single good thing this government has achieved, only hikes and negative policies.
Nigerians are going through so much pain due to this inept govt.
How on earth can you punish people due to the failures of others .
that means the custom men don't even need to do much work in the borders ,all they have to do is wait on the road and impound unsuspecting Nigerians vehicles.
that is too bad. why are they wastinf our resources on them then.

1 Like

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Raziii(m): 12:44pm On Mar 22, 2017
This is not about Saraki and co. This is not about wearing of custom uniform and not. This is not about PMB or GEJ but when you try to make someone pay for a crime he knows nothing about, a sane human is expected to revolt. Nigerians, back away from the politics being played here and think for yourself.

1 Like

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by eph123(f): 12:50pm On Mar 22, 2017
magoo10:

Nigerians are going through so much pain due to this inept govt.
How on earth can you punish people due to the failures of others .
that means the custom men don't even need to do much work in the borders ,all they have to do is wait on the road and impound unsuspecting Nigerians vehicles.

that is too bad. why are they wastinf our resources on them then.

Exactly. Which is why this policy DOES NOT make sense. Why can't the Customs do its job? Why create another avenue for Nigerians to be made liable for what they shouldn't be?
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
UltraLeslie1:

Mr. Ali, Nigerians do not care if you impound the containers of all the big men in Nigeria--that has never been the cause of the national uproar which your stupidity and insensitivity stirred.

We are talking about the planned custom duty extortion by the Nigerian customs going into the streets and demanding drivers produce custom duty papers on old vehicles.

Tell us if you had the President's support on that and stop trying to deviate from the matter at hand.

You said it all...
What about those whom were deceived with fake custom papers?
What about those whom have misplaced their for years?
What if yours is not in the custom system anymore?
What if claims that yours is fake?
What if custom impounds your car of 6yrs old on ground that the seller didnt pay complete?

The way somepeople reason on this Nairaland calls for attention on what the country is churning out.

Why not create a benchmark from 2015/16 upwards... and liase with state licensing offices on newly registered cars from 2015/16

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Bimpe29: 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
Let there be fairness in Naija
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Rexnegro(m): 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
Jabioro:
I supported the move.. it is welcome policy.. if you know what is going on as per importation deal your mouth will not close..
me too, if senate like make they go chop shit e no concern me... how can There be a policy and na only poor Nigerians dey observe Am meanwhile some so called big people, senators dey waive it...Why can't we support righht things in This Country for once.....

1 Like

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by simytech: 1:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
Now I see
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Raymysterio(m): 1:25pm On Mar 22, 2017
omenkaLives:
Good. Anyone who doesn't like that can go jump off a cliff.

Dude please don't mention jump again... Nigerians are actually jumping off cliffs... lol.
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by akinszz: 1:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
CeoNewshelm:
Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Col. Hammed Ali (retd.) on Tuesday declared that he had the support of President Muhammadu Buhari on the proposed policy on payment of vehicle duty.

Ali spoke with State House correspondents shortly after emerging from the mosque located beside the President’s office inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/03/customs-boss-ali-i-have-support-of.html
I just dey like this man's neck stiffness
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Saintp(m): 1:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
Rexnegro:
me too, if senate like make they go chop shit e no concern me... how can There be a policy and na only poor Nigerians dey observe Am meanwhile some so called big people, senators dey waive it...Why can't we support righht things in This Country for once.....

Bros, I don't think you understand fully this policy. What you just read up there is just part of it and most people are cool with it. But the other part of the policy will require customs to impound old vehicles on the excuse of custom duty issues.
For example, You bought a tokumbo 4 yrs ago from a car dealer at Berger. The car dealer with the connivance of custom officers evaded paying full customs duty. You bought this car and you are not aware that the custom duty he paid 4yrs ago when he imported the car was not up to what he should pay. Even though you have been using your car for the past 4yrs, what part of this policy says is that your car will be impounded. Remember you did not import the car, you are not a clearing agent and you know nothing about custom, all you did was to buy a car from the dealer. Should you be made to pay for the dealer and custom corruption 4yrs ago?

What they should have done is forward implementation. For example, say from April 1st 2017, all cars cleared from that date that does not fully comply with customs duty payment would be impounded. They can publish the custom duty payment fees to the public and sensitise the masses on the need to check if the cars the want to buy , that the custom duty is fully paid. This will mean that from April 1st, anyone who wants to buy a car from dealer would check if the custom duty of the car is fully paid for by just checking it on the customs website before buying the car. Full payment of duty will now become the business of both buyers and sellers and Nigerians will be happy to follow the policy. It will now become an offense to buy a car in which duty is not fully paid for from that date.

Policy like this should not be backdated cos you will end of hurting innocent people and this is not fair.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by zanga420: 2:41pm On Mar 22, 2017
UltraLeslie1:

you get sense
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by kaka74: 3:12pm On Mar 22, 2017
Originalsly:
It would help the small man and small businesses by cutting out waivers for the big boys..... but any duties to be paid should be by the importers and not the present owners.

My God will bless ur father for giving birth to son like u see person wey sabi reason. So going by his logic john imports cars without paying duties becos he is influential and we buy from him with our saving (saved via denying ourselves some pleasures) with this policy now , we d common man will now pay duties while john will be @ home enjoying his money #stupid arrogant old men

1 Like

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Dareomo(m): 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
Nigerians also support you, but for the betterment of all.
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Oga this is Nigeria where corruption is in our blood, When you are buying that corolla, You need to confirm if the duty was duly paid before making payment.. I have use 5cars and i always make sure i confirm the duty before making payment..

Well your likes went for cheap cars and when you see one for 1.2million and another for 1million you will rush to buy it..
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by SalamRushdie: 4:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Oga this is Nigeria where corruption is in our blood, When you are buying that corolla, You need to confirm if the duty was duly paid before making payment.. I have use 5cars and i always make sure i confirm the duty before making payment..

Well your likes went for cheap cars and when you see one for 1.2million and another for 1million you will rush to buy it..

I have never bought a used car in my life but i know big dealerships also got waivers from the govt so why should i pay for that now
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by StarPlayer: 5:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

As usual you have stereotyped me without even knowing me sef
You lot reason alike. Not hard spotting your kind
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 5:12pm On Mar 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I have never bought a used car in my life but i know big dealerships also got waivers from the govt so why should i pay for that now

Then why buy car without confirming if the duty was paid? You and i know custom duty is compulsory so if you fail to check on it before making payment then one day you gonna suffer or pay for you being gullible..
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by CellTabRepairs: 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
Yeah...impunity is contagious!

Learn how! You can do it; low startup costs, opportunity to meet high end users who are also high net worth individuals -opportunities in people! High returns on investment -Average $30 (N10k) -$50 daily!

Click My Name & View That Resource You Might Need!
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by murmee: 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
UltraLeslie1:

That is the KOKO of the matter. Ali must address it otherwise there will be Mass protests!!!

1 Like

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by murmee: 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

But Custom officers are attatched to the offices where the very FIRST Vehicle Licenses are issued on new/Tokunbo vehicles. Why were the Duties of those vehicles not VERIFIED by those Custom personnels before the licenses were issued. Is that not what they were posted to those offices to do? Why should Nigerians pay for the inefficiency and corruption of the Customs Service?
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 6:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
murmee:
But Custom officers are attatched to the offices where the very FIRST Vehicle Licenses are issued on new/Tokunbo vehicles. Why were the Duties of those vehicles not VERIFIED by those Custom personnels before the licenses were issued. Is that not what they were posted to those offices to do? Why should Nigerians pay for the inefficiency and corruption of the Customs Service?

Even the most dullest human know custom in the past are corrupt, Even Dikko the Custom Boss then house was raid and recover some looted vehicles..
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by meetvic: 7:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

How can you support a policy you clearly dont understand ..Do you even understand the policy ? Do u ?

Please explain the policy to us. I am really curious to know.
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Rexnegro(m): 8:41pm On Mar 22, 2017
Saintp:

Bros, I don't think you understand fully this policy. What you just read up there is just part of it and most people are cool with it. But the other part of the policy will require customs to impound old vehicles on the excuse of custom duty issues.
For example, You bought a tokumbo 4 yrs ago from a car dealer at Berger. The car dealer with the connivance of custom officers evaded paying full customs duty. You bought this car and you are not aware that the custom duty he paid 4yrs ago when he imported the car was not up to what he should pay. Even though you have been using your car for the past 4yrs, what part of this policy says is that your car will be impounded. Remember you did not import the car, you are not a clearing agent and you know nothing about custom, all you did was to buy a car from the dealer. Should you be made to pay for the dealer and custom corruption 4yrs ago?

What they should have done is forward implementation. For example, say from April 1st 2017, all cars cleared from that date that does not fully comply with customs duty payment would be impounded. They can publish the custom duty payment fees to the public and sensitise the masses on the need to check if the cars the want to buy , that the custom duty is fully paid. This will mean that from April 1st, anyone who wants to buy a car from dealer would check if the custom duty of the car is fully paid for by just checking it on the customs website before buying the car. Full payment of duty will now become the business of both buyers and sellers and Nigerians will be happy to follow the policy. It will now become an offense to buy a car in which duty is not fully paid for from that date.

Policy like this should not be backdated cos you will end of hurting innocent people and this is not fair.

thanks for taking Your time to write this lengthy comment just to educate my ignorance about The whole custom new policy...really appreciate it bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Keep Quiet, You Have Failed’ – Wike Blasts Amaechi, APC Leaders In Rivers / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta / Prof. Kingsley Moghalu Finally Opens Up On Why He Walked Out Of PACT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.