Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

If You Can't Stay Away From Your Phone For 45 Mins, This Is Why - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / If You Can't Stay Away From Your Phone For 45 Mins, This Is Why (481 Views)

Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? / 45-Year-Old Man Commit Suicide In Imo By Hanging (Graphic Photos) / Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Can't Stay Away From Your Phone For 45 Mins, This Is Why by michaelo2(m): 10:05am On Mar 22, 2017
This is one thing most smartphone users are guilty of, most smartphone users can't stay away from more than 30 minutes, even me, we want the latest gists, trending topics, latest news, but lesss than 50% does not know that this is a psychological disorder. A disorder called NOMOPHOBIA.

Nomophobia is the fear of being without your smartphone, or more simply smartphone addiction , and it’s a “first world problem” that’s showing no signs of slowing down, regardless of age. And while it might sound silly — can you really be addicted to a handheld device? — the implications are real.

Causes of Nomophobia
1. The fear of being without a mobile phone stems from addiction. When a person feels physically or mentally dependent on anything, s/he cannot find a way of stopping that addiction.

2. People tend to experience this phobia when they are insecure, or have lack of self control and discipline, get easily bored or impatient, or have no other recreational hobbies and outlets etc.

3. Humans are social animals needing constant companionship and having the desire to talk and connect with others. Therefore, this phobia is not all that unnatural given the fact that cell phones are readily available everywhere and used by people of all ages today.

4. A person having had a negative experience upon being left without a cell phone could develop life-long Nomophobia.

Symptoms and signs
Nomophobia occurs in situations when an individual experiences anxiety due to the fear of not having access to a mobile phone. Anxiety is provoked by several reasons, such as the loss of a mobile phone, loss of reception, and a dead mobile phone battery.

Some clinical characteristics of nomophobia include using the device impulsively, or as protection, sometimes from social communication, or as a transitional object, having one or more devices with access to internet, always carrying a charger, and experiencing feelings of anxiety when thinking about losing the mobile.

Other clinical characteristics of nomophobia are a considerably decreased number of face-to-face interactions with humans,

read more at source: http://www.healththismoment.com/2017/03/Nomophobia-overlooked-disorder.html?m=0

Re: If You Can't Stay Away From Your Phone For 45 Mins, This Is Why by decatalyst(m): 10:10am On Mar 22, 2017
Make I stay away from my phone and miss that all important call or text message? Wehdon Sir undecided

In fact nah toilet I dey as I dey reply your post, Op grin grin
Re: If You Can't Stay Away From Your Phone For 45 Mins, This Is Why by smartanthony5: 10:16am On Mar 22, 2017
dancing.... Some people are even addicted to nokia-torch.
Re: If You Can't Stay Away From Your Phone For 45 Mins, This Is Why by michaelo2(m): 11:37am On Mar 22, 2017
decatalyst:
Make I stay away from my phone and miss that all important call or text message? Wehdon Sir undecided

In fact nah toilet I dey as I dey reply your post, Op grin grin
can't you put it on the rable and wait for the call or message that is important
Re: If You Can't Stay Away From Your Phone For 45 Mins, This Is Why by michaelo2(m): 11:37am On Mar 22, 2017
smartanthony5:
dancing.... Some people are even addicted to nokia-torch.
lol

(1) (Reply)

High Court Ruling On NBC: 4 Things We Learned / How To Lose Weight In 2017 / Born without A Chance To Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.