Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Friends Exchange - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Friends Exchange (379 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Friends Exchange by Kindoo: 10:48am On Mar 22, 2017
FRIEND EXCHANGE I

Awe,
       How are you Temilade? Hope you doing good? It's been two months and it as if decades had pass. I miss you die. I have been alone if I may claim. Joke and Tolu are never a substitution, kenu madi le ni guguru won. Your brother delivered your message to me, I kept the letter as if it were more than, paper and ink. It is more, I enjoyed every bit of it and it was as if you were there, sharing the city life with me. I will be there someday.
       Lade, you must have put on weight and look more beautiful with those food you told me you eat. I don't belief in those, I like my eba and iyan. I was in the farm last week with my brothers to eat pounded yam. I was not interested in my going, until the moment I heard that was coming up, I jumped at it. It was fun as usual, oh you missed.  Oga Dada's trap caught ikun,  then we were lucky to smash the head of the rodent living in our hut. The two crowned the meal. I did the soup cooking and my brothers pounded the yam. I took mine from the mortal to avoid not eating as I wanted. They almost fought on it while I sat eating my food, jejely. You know, every morsel count. I wish you were there. Do you have such enjoyment in the city?
    Well to leave the pounded yam, many things had happened in the village. Arike is getting married. Guess the husband. Ayo the son of agbede. The two lovers are getting married at last, sebi you know their stories. Through the thick and thin. Hahaha. They have a good ending. Lade, you should not betray my brother, you know he loves you, I watch on him as you told me and he had been faithful. Keep yourself for him to avoid the shame of the end. You know city is a land of divers culture, don't forget that if you do not keep tight, you will be a disgrace to your family.
      You remembered the incident of Amoke, I wept for her as the people of her husband's house, disgraced her and brought empty gourds to her father's house. She suffered psychologically until she was sent to another village. Please my friend, let us zeal our friendship with this love, you will be my sister in law and a friend.
My brother is an hardworking young man, with much more faithfulness. He is loyal and can be caring. You are lucky with him. My Akin is doing fine. His family is talking about marriage but I have to finish that project I told you. He always ask of you and I told him, where you are.
       Lade, I know it, you will be a good wife to my brother, you have being a friend in court. You stood by me through those hard times, thank you. Been close to my brother, I told him some of the things, we have been through together and he made up his mind. The time of Ayoka's case, you were the only one that believed me. All evidence seems to prove against me that I stole the money. All others deserted me but you stood, with moral support. Let me tell you now, the thief was caught last Monday. It was Ayoka herself, she was the one who stole the money and use the opportunity of my presence in their house to say, I was the one. She did same thing last Monday with Aduke but the trick failed. The secret was made open. It was then she confessed all. It was a burden lifted from me. I thank you again for staying by me. I did not know why you did not doubt me, your act stood as a comfort to me whenever I thought of doing something wrong. It was a label that hurt too deep but thanks to God, I am vindicated.
    I will be glad to see you, you should be coming for the yam festival or won't your work allow you? It is one thing I do not want to miss. It is ever interesting, it enables us to have a happy time, at the same time, see our people who had left the village for a long time.
     The last one was made bad for me, Toke claimed that I was among those who were fighting. I could hear your shout of innocence, 'She is not there, she  is not part of them' but they would not believe until you witness for me at the palace. If not, I would have suffered hell. My father had made up his my mind to give me the punishment I will leave to remember, this, he told me latter. Thank you.
   This one I know surely will be great, the king is really puting things in place for a large event. My plan is to be among the dancing group who will grace the occasion in our age grade. I want you to join me if you can so we can beat them to it again, as we always do. If you will do, you have to join early to learn a few new steps. It will be great.
          Many news, many gist but I keep the rest till you come. Bye me city things, most especially the wears. I want to look like the queen of England, how can a woman head a nation so powerful.  Write me when you are coming, so I can prepare so many things for you.
Greet your uncle for me. Take good care of yourself.
                          Your friend,
                           AlenD

from
www.wukes..com

(1) (Reply)

Please I Really Need Your Help. / Upon This Rock (poem) / Climate Of Hostility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.