Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Where Did We Get It Wrong? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Did We Get It Wrong? (643 Views)

PDP National Headquarters: Where Did The Monies Go To? / Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) / ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Government Got It Wrong – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did We Get It Wrong? by chemgee: 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
Is it about the skin, geographical location or race as a whole?

Why do we(blacks) trail behind in almost every good thing as far as planet earth is concerned? How long will Europe, US, and other developed nations keep aiding Africa? Till the end of the world? Some people think it's funny when people say that the only aspect my country Nigeria is ahead of USA is by our time zone(6 hours ahead).

Seriously, why can't Africa become rich, at least through tourism. They have everything to make out of Africa, a Touristic destination. They have, Natural reserves, Landscapes, Faunas, Savage rare animals, Cultural heritage still in hand. So why is Africa not embracing this powerful attraction resources, so called Tourism?

Not long ago, the American president and business magnate, Donald Trump was reported to have made this statement about Africa; “Look at African countries for instance, those people who are stealing from the government and go and invest the money in foreign countries. From the government to opposition, they only qualify to be used as a cases study whenever bad examples are required.” He went on to say; “How do you even trust those who have ran away to hide here at the United States hiding education? These are people who import everything including matchsticks. In my opinion, most of these African countries ought to be recolonized again for 100 years because, they know nothing about leadership and self-governance”. I’d say that it is not in only in Africa that these kinds of issues that Donald trump raised can be found. But again, when you travel around Africa, you see a people producing the same result of leadership incompetence.

Well, this is what I think :
African countries got quick independence and failed to perfect the trade of governance. So many things were not put in place before the colonial masters left. Africa is still clothed with enormous personal greed! Until loots are invested in Africa, retrogressive flight will persist. So sad that a Continent blessed with alluring brains end up in drains. The continent's inexplicable romance with tribe and religion needs to be quenched cos it blinds us completely from reality of life thereby threatening our dear existence as humans.

An African proverb says "if you fall on the ground, do not look at the spot you fell but at where you slipped"

...Charles

Lala, what's your take?
Re: Where Did We Get It Wrong? by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2017
That's bcoz the same people complaining today wud still vote for the wrong people in 2019 maybe after sharing 500naira to them... that's like selling one's future for abt 1 dollar.

While some people, especially the tribal and religious fanatics wud still throw away their future cos of tribe or religion.

It's well with Us.
Re: Where Did We Get It Wrong? by udumosam23(m): 1:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
Fff
Re: Where Did We Get It Wrong? by menxer: 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2017
History tells me Africa was the cradle of ancient civilization, I guess we missed the train to transit to modern civilization.

Where did we slip?
Why are we still asleep?

We slip/sleep on tribalism and religion.
Re: Where Did We Get It Wrong? by chemgee: 6:37am On Apr 10, 2017
Degree of Concern:
-#OtondoGbame : 0.1°
-#Meningitis: 0.1°
-S. #Kaduna : 0.1°
-#Benue : 0.1°
-Economysadhope lost)
-#IDP Camp: 0.0001°
-Efe, Bisola, TBoss: 2Million°

and we still have the nerve to pass all blames to our leaders
What a people!
Re: Where Did We Get It Wrong? by chemgee: 6:40am On Apr 10, 2017
Like the Naira, the Yen once fell to 306/$ in 1975 but rose steadily to 75.7 (in 2011) after three decades of aggressive exportation.

Right now, the only things Nigeria exports - #Oil & #wizkd!

Re: Where Did We Get It Wrong? by rash47(m): 7:42am On Apr 10, 2017
Like i will always say when issues like this promps up,our major problem is WE LACK SOPHISTICATION.

Trans sahara slave trade
european slave trade
new trade and industrial revolution
colonialisn and banditry
neo colonialism
imperialism

Good morning AFRICA
Re: Where Did We Get It Wrong? by olujastro: 8:16am On Apr 10, 2017
How we got it wrong? Simply Bad leaders and more importantly Bad followers.
Bad leaders loot when they should be taking the followers out of poverty, while bad followers hail their looting leaders because they come from the same tribe/region and fail to hold the leaders accountable.
Re: Where Did We Get It Wrong? by chemgee: 6:42am On Apr 15, 2017
NIGERIA:
-No. of inmates: 56,785
-No. yet to be convicted: 38,743
-No. on death row: 1484
-No on life sent.: 531
: (NPS, Oct 2014) https:///UyvuJvnpZj

Re: Where Did We Get It Wrong? by chemgee: 1:02pm On Apr 28, 2017
My people open your eyes...
DSS recruitment state by state...
then compare this to Unity Schools cut off mark...

Re: Where Did We Get It Wrong? by pauljumbo: 1:18pm On Apr 28, 2017
we blacks are not cursed we are blessed

some monsters in the western world decide to divide and rule us that's why we are struggling as a country, continent or group.

if the forces this western country used like IMF and worldBANK is used on America or UK they will be poorer than we are todAY.

Let any African leader tries to better the life of his people and see what will happen read the history of kwame nkrumah, lumumba and the present president of zimbabwe you will understand.

The summary about life is that all men are not equal even in Nigeria some parts get more opportunities more than the rest

chemgee:
Is it about the skin, geographical location or race as a whole?

Why do we(blacks) trail behind in almost every good thing as far as planet earth is concerned? How long will Europe, US, and other developed nations keep aiding Africa? Till the end of the world? Some people think it's funny when people say that the only aspect my country Nigeria is ahead of USA is by our time zone(6 hours ahead).

Seriously, why can't Africa become rich, at least through tourism. They have everything to make out of Africa, a Touristic destination. They have, Natural reserves, Landscapes, Faunas, Savage rare animals, Cultural heritage still in hand. So why is Africa not embracing this powerful attraction resources, so called Tourism?

Not long ago, the American president and business magnate, Donald Trump was reported to have made this statement about Africa; “Look at African countries for instance, those people who are stealing from the government and go and invest the money in foreign countries. From the government to opposition, they only qualify to be used as a cases study whenever bad examples are required.” He went on to say; “How do you even trust those who have ran away to hide here at the United States hiding education? These are people who import everything including matchsticks. In my opinion, most of these African countries ought to be recolonized again for 100 years because, they know nothing about leadership and self-governance”. I’d say that it is not in only in Africa that these kinds of issues that Donald trump raised can be found. But again, when you travel around Africa, you see a people producing the same result of leadership incompetence.

Well, this is what I think :
African countries got quick independence and failed to perfect the trade of governance. So many things were not put in place before the colonial masters left. Africa is still clothed with enormous personal greed! Until loots are invested in Africa, retrogressive flight will persist. So sad that a Continent blessed with alluring brains end up in drains. The continent's inexplicable romance with tribe and religion needs to be quenched cos it blinds us completely from reality of life thereby threatening our dear existence as humans.

An African proverb says "if you fall on the ground, do not look at the spot you fell but at where you slipped"

...Charles

Lala, what's your take?

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Vs Fashola - See Who Enjoys Mama Put Pass / Saraki Congratulates Himself 4 Facing Senate Committee 2day.See Reactions(Pics / Onward Christian Soliders: Femi Fani Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.