Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? (908 Views)

View This World Class Duplex In Lekki Lagos / Please Its So Urgent Architects/civil Engineer I Need Your Advice.. / When She Said She Want A Guy With A House And A Car. And He's A Civil Engineer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by Dilyschigo(f): 9:50pm On Mar 22, 2017
Need a Civil Engineer to work for your Company, building construction and services.
Contact me @ Email :dilyschigo@gmail.com
Phone number :08066139769.
* I design and build houses, Set out project works in accordance with drawing and specification
* Supervised Building Works, and Services
Block work erection,Wall rendering, Foundation works Casting of the structural members
* Drainage works , Placing of interlocking stones(paving stones), Wall tiles and keb stones.
* Conduct on-site investigations and analyze data
* Manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
A site will convince you.

Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by Dilyschigo(f): 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
Residential building

Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by Dilyschigo(f): 10:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
Foundation work (Sub structure work)

Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by stancydg: 10:50pm On Mar 22, 2017
Wao, guess this is nairaland's first female engineer. Thumbs up.
Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by Dilyschigo(f): 10:54pm On Mar 22, 2017
stancydg:
Wao, guess this is nairaland's first female engineer. Thumbs up.
. Thank you so much
Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by koolengrtimmy(m): 10:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
Noted
Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by Dilyschigo(f): 3:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
In building, Drainage is a critical part of the construction project. It is a channel through which waste water can be drain away from buildings quickly and safely. It also eliminate the risk of flooding and health issues that can present significant risk to people and property.
WHAT ARE THE FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE CONSTRUCTING A DRAINAGE?
* The flow rate calculation of water passing through the Drainage need to be considered before design stage. Sometimes this is overlooked and it results to under or over specification of drainage and compromises during construction stage .
* The sloping of the Drainage need to be considered before the design stage to ensure easy flow /run off of water.
* Depth of the Drainage need to be considered too because of road construction.
MORE CONTRIBUTIONS PLEASE
Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by stancydg: 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
Are there standard dimensions for the estimated flow rates expected? Please educate us more.
Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by Dilyschigo(f): 11:48am On Mar 24, 2017
What could be the cause of this building collapse? Happened in Enugu. For me i will say
* That loads were not properly distributed
* load too much on Foundation due to poor design
* The spanning was too long & need the introduction of columns so indeaquate columns
* poor quality materials were used & also the strength of the concrete mix used should be checked ( trying to cut costs)

1 Like

Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by Dilyschigo(f): 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
stancydg:
Are there standard dimensions for the estimated flow rates expected? Please educate us more.
. Depending on the area you want to construct the Drainage especially Drainage for highways, there is an office in charge of collecting data for the run off(flow) on that particular area which was done through a frequency analysis for a particular life time the Road can last like 25 yrs etc & the peak flow was determined from the frequency collection. So the designer can now go to the office in charge & collect the data for the area he is working on.
Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by stancydg: 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dilyschigo:
. Depending on the area you want to construct the Drainage especially Drainage for highways, there is an office in charge of collecting data for the run off(flow) on that particular area which was done through a frequency analysis for a particular life time the Road can last like 25 yrs etc & the peak flow was determined from the frequency collection. So the designer can now go to the office in charge & collect the data for the area he is working on.

Oh I see. That's enlightening. Data for different locations may vary I guess?
Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by stancydg: 6:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dilyschigo:
What could be the cause of this building collapse? Happened in Enugu. For me i will say
* That loads were not properly distributed
* load too much on Foundation due to poor design
* The spanning was too long & need the introduction of columns so indeaquate columns
* poor quality materials were used & also the strength of the concrete mix used should be checked ( trying to cut costs)

I believe major factors would be ;

-Ratio and quality of concrete mix(most times, wrong mix ratios are used by so called experienced old hands, who probably learnt on other sites, without the academic background and applying same on a totally different site without considering prevailing factors. A few times they listen to professionals, the labourers pack sand alongside the granite, thereby diluting the mix unnecessarily.)

-Incorrect specifications of materials for structural members, such as iron rods. (Often times, wrong specifications are used even when quality materials are purchased) Span may not be a major issue if correct specifications are used. e.g if the architects design requires no distracting pillars, it will be the duty of the structural engineer to specify diameters that will work. Audacious projects such as winners chapel otta has proved this point.

- Inadequate curing time for concrete casts, such as columns, beams and the decking. (Most folks just continue building the next day after casting the decking, flimsy reason being that they want the walls to fuse properly with the floor)

Is this right? Engr please enlighten us more.

1 Like

Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by Dilyschigo(f): 10:32am On Mar 25, 2017
stancydg:

I believe major factors would be ;

-Ratio and quality of concrete mix(most times, wrong mix ratios are used by so called experienced old hands, who probably learnt on other sites, without the academic background and applying same on a totally different site without considering prevailing factors. A few times they listen to professionals, the labourers pack sand alongside the granite, thereby diluting the mix unnecessarily.)

-Incorrect specifications of materials for structural members, such as iron rods. (Often times, wrong specifications are used even when quality materials are purchased) Span may not be a major issue if correct specifications are used. e.g if the architects design requires no distracting pillars, it will be the duty of the structural engineer to specify diameters that will work. Audacious projects such as winners chapel otta has proved this point.

- Inadequate curing time for concrete casts, such as columns, beams and the decking. (Most folks just continue building the next day after casting the decking, flimsy reason being that they want the walls to fuse properly with the floor)

Is this right? Engr please enlighten us more.

. Yes you are right but on what you said Spanning may not be the cause, i disagree with you on that. Sometimes architects design without considering the safety of the structures and is now the structural engineer that will call him to other. Also in the case of no column & long spanning, the Slab depth should be increased which may not have been done there so i will say that long spanning is still part of the cause.
Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by stancydg: 10:52am On Mar 25, 2017
Dilyschigo:
. Yes you are right but on what you said Spanning may not be the cause, i disagree with you on that. Sometimes architects design without considering the safety of the structures and is now the structural engineer that will call him to other. Also in the case of no column & long spanning, the Slab depth should be increased which may not have been done there so i will say that long spanning is still part of the cause.

This issue has been over flogged on NL already, referring to Architect/Engineer relations. Wouldn't want us to start a caper we can't finish. One thing is sure, we studied so we could proffer solutions. So, whatever it is that the Architect has designed, within professional standards, and is the wish of the client must receive required engineering solution from competent professionals, so long as the financing and technology is available. Not some flimsy structural excuse, because as said earlier, you were trained not just to come and repeat the norm.
Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by Dilyschigo(f): 10:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
stancydg:

This issue has been over flogged on NL already, referring to Architect/Engineer relations. Wouldn't want us to start a caper we can't finish. One thing is sure, we studied so we could proffer solutions. So, whatever it is that the Architect has designed, within professional standards, and is the wish of the client must receive required engineering solution from competent professionals, so long as the financing and technology is available. Not some flimsy structural excuse, because as said earlier, you were trained not just to come and repeat the norm.
. I don't really get your point. Are you saying that long spanning that need introduction of column or depth increase (deflection in check) & was not done can not be a cause of structural failure.
Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dilyschigo:
. I don't really get your point. Are you saying that long spanning that need introduction of column or depth increase (deflection in check) & was not done can not be a cause of structural failure.
I think he is trying to say engrs should address structural problems without trying to shift blame on architects...can u design a cantilever beam spanning more than 4.2m?
Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by stancydg: 12:03am On Mar 28, 2017
skelefish:

I think he is trying to say engrs should address structural problems without trying to shift blame on architects...can u design a cantilever beam spanning more than 4.2m?

You caught my drift.
Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by Dilyschigo(f): 11:46am On Mar 28, 2017
Actually my post i wasn't blaming the architect but illustrated the likely cause of the problem. But in all there should be co relationship between Architects & structural engineers for safe structure.
Re: Do You Need A World Class Site/civil Engineer? by stancydg: 9:05am On Apr 02, 2017
Dilyschigo:
Actually my post i wasn't blaming the architect but illustrated the likely cause of the problem. But in all there should be co relationship between Architects & structural engineers for safe structure.

Absolutely.

(1) (Reply)

Prices Of Building Materials. / Conspiracy Btw Harrymann Brothers And Other Workers At Uyo Roof Work / DAVID'S COURT OREGUN: 3 Bedroom Luxury Flats At Oregun Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.