Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations (20253 Views)

Presidency Launches Television And Radio Programme To Promote Buhari’s Policies / Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders / DSP Sagir Usman Shugaba: A Cute Nigeria Police Officer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by nnofaith: 4:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
while we are at it, CIVIL DEFENSE, CUSTOM, IMMIGRATION, ARMY, NAVY, AND AIRFORCE can all have their freeking stations, talk of misplaced priorities.
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by princefaculty(m): 4:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
Platform for Linus

Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by isahsalee: 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
opportunity to paint stories, to turn red to white in their usual manners.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by olabrad: 5:01pm On Mar 23, 2017
Keneking:
Great..

- So 'Crime Fighters' can be aired 24/7 days.
- The police can provide its narratives
- IG can use the medium to sensitise populace on works
- Citizens can report to the police using the platforms
- The force can maximise its reach to the public
- One step is to have them on cable networks
- Documentaries can be aired using real life cases
- A useful platform to analyse security situations
- More media personnel would be employed; technical & non technical specialities
- During general elections, security situations can be monitored live and direct
- The Nigeria Police Force would become more responsive to the masses
- Nollywood producers can have new genre focussing on 'State Protection' on these television platforms
- We can have real life reportage of crimes, economic criminals, convicts etc

Now where is lalasticlala sef undecided

The way Mynd44 looks at first comment on the first post of every thread destined for front page grin grin

You will be surprised when the stations turns to propaganda medium for the nigerian police.
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
olabrad:

You will be surprised when the stations turns to propaganda medium for the nigerian police.

grin
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Kay25(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2017
smileyeeee se na to dey tell us and show us how 20 -20 naira is being collected per day??better things they dere dem no do
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Exponental(m): 5:04pm On Mar 23, 2017
Nice concept but a "national emergency number" will be better.
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Scetrocom: 5:04pm On Mar 23, 2017
Keneking:
Great..

- More media personnel would be employed; technical & non technical specialities
- During general elections, security situations can be monitored live and direct
- Nollywood producers can have new genre focussing on 'State Protection' on these television platforms
I hope it will not turn out as a propaganda tools to cover all their impunities with fake stories and out right lies against innocent masses. NBC should think twice before approving it.

The way Mynd44 looks at first comment on the first post of every thread destined for front page grin grin
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by barrysome001: 5:05pm On Mar 23, 2017
So when a friend asks me,which TV station are you watching or say, which Radio station are you tuned-in to, I'll boldly say POLICE STATION!!!
All Nigerians, get ready for POLICE STATION!
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by ikorodureporta: 5:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
Na now dem know say radio good for their operation? Wetin be their frequency

who go call this kyne station sef, make dem com store yr info for database....
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Origin(f): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2017
Better get correct uniform, gadgets and a good csi unit before Una continue.

Don't forget to change the mindset and culture of your force.

Because wind go dey blow and we no wan see fowl's hmmmmmmm.
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by NaWetinDey(m): 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
The perfect way to make the police work as its name. However, on the tv, no matter what program runs, there should be a 24/7 space on the screen for citizens live report via Twitter.

Kudos to those behind this reasoning. It will help the world see the bad eggs in police hierarchies and how they refuse to respond to crime on live time after reports with evidences are made to these stations before the world.
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Akaujaa(m): 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2017
Keneking:
Great..

Perfect input and preview
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
Akaujaa:

Perfect input and preview

You mean amazing comment shocked
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Akaujaa(m): 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
I doubt if this laudable venture will see the light of the day because it sounds too good to be true considering how corrupt the Nigerian police is.
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2017
nice one if they do things right...
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Akaujaa(m): 5:28pm On Mar 23, 2017
Keneking:

You mean amazing comment shocked
Sure
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by DeRay98(m): 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
This isn't the most important thing our Police needs now, for years now and even in the 21st century our Police don't have a forensic laboratory for detail crime investigations.
Even the immediate past IG laid some foundation for that but we have idea what has become of it.
This is my postulation, that the Police have too many lawyers in its ranks without enough scientists among to push for the needs for the application of scientific methods of investigations, crime incidents and evidence analysis for prosecutions.
This is why they resort to using tortured or forced confessions to prosecute their cases and same reason strong defence lawyers are able puncture their cases against VIPs.
So, this TV and Radio stations are purely image laundering and propaganda tools.
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Jesusloveyou: 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2017
tspun:
Really? What actually will they be saying?
they wil be telling you the sin you commit.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Kingpinukecy(m): 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2017
hmmmmm....i pray this shud upgrade d naija police force
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Daboomb: 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2017
tspun:
Really? What actually will they be saying?

- Bail is free but you MUST DONATE!
- The Police not aware of the Robbery you are talking about
- Five people are DEAD but NOBODY lost their life!
- Those Uniformed People collecting "Roger" are not real Policemen
- Dont snap what we are doing, snap Police collecting Bribe or brutalising Nigerians, is a "Police Offence"
- That Drunk Policeman with AK47 Rifle in his hand is not one of us....even if he is, he is just "acting Nollywood' without Script!
- Arrested Armed Robber with Police I.D? "I am not authorised by the I.G to comment on that matter!

And plenty, plenty Govt propaganda... aka Fake News
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Daboomb: 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
DeRay98:
This isn't the most important thing our Police needs now, for years now and even in the 21st century our Police don't have a forensic laboratory for detail crime investigations.
Even the immediate past IG laid some foundation for that but we have idea what has become of it.
This is my postulation, that the Police have too many lawyers in its ranks without enough scientists among to push for the needs for the application of scientific methods of investigations, crime incidents and evidence analysis for prosecutions.
This is why they resort to using tortured or forced confessions to prosecute their cases and same reason strong defence lawyers are able puncture their cases against VIPs.
So, this TV and Radio stations are purely image laundering and propaganda tools.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by nopains: 6:11pm On Mar 23, 2017
police? this will be another radio propaganda. soon military will open their own.
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by oweman: 6:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
[quote author=SexyNairalander post=54873450][b]booked

who no go, no go know. . .naija police force have show me pepper I will never forget in a hurry[

If you be tif police suppose show you not just pepper but tear gas join !
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by oweman: 6:13pm On Mar 23, 2017
[quote author=SexyNairalander post=54873450][b]booked

who no go, no go know. . .naija police force have show me pepper I will never forget in a hurry[

If you be tif police suppose show you not just pepper but tear gas join and e be like say you be tif !
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by SexyNairalander: 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2017
[quote author=oweman post=54876955][/quote] I no be thief but a victim
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by shumuel(m): 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
basty:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/03/23/police-establish-radio-television-stations/

Great one, kikiki Lol grin i can't wait to see a beautiful Woman Police Officer like Badmus casting the news grin

Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by komodapson(m): 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2017
NextGovernor:
False accusation and lies go full that station tire.......
and we go fit negotiate bail on air...less stress
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by ogbeiwi(m): 7:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
ExAngel007:
Hmmm... this seems good.
Nice one
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by Emycord: 7:24pm On Mar 23, 2017
For sometimes now it seems allah has been appearing on some items meat fish trees etc is he hungry or what? Now we need the police to investigate this stories
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by GloryGloryRufus(m): 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
seguno2:
I thought that Buhari is fighting corruption?
The police have finished repairing their barracks so they have excess money for radio and television?
I laugh in Spanish.
They have introduced radio and TV bills on vehicle license renewal, any time you renew your vehicle license, they will charge extra 500 naira for radio and TV services.. I was angry after they added it to my renewal last week. It is well. We will not die but live.
Re: Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations by GloryGloryRufus(m): 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2017
seguno2:
I thought that Buhari is fighting corruption?
The police have finished repairing their barracks so they have excess money for radio and television?
I laugh in Spanish.
They have introduced radio and TV bills on vehicle license renewal, any time you renew your vehicle license, they will charge extra 500 naira for radio and TV services. Another way Police is duping Nigerians. I was angry after they added it to my renewal last week. It is well. We will not die but live.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hoodlums Set Police Station Ablaze In Imo / Tunde Rahman: Tinubu Holding Meetings Abroad, To Return To Nigeria Next Week / Kayode Ogundamisi's Ratings Of Buhari's Ministers So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.