Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ (34217 Views)

Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer / Naira Watch: Naira Appreciates To N420/$ / As Naira Gains, Neighbouring Countries Ease Rush For Nigerian Goods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by naijarates2017: 7:26am On Mar 24, 2017
This is temporary.

2 Likes

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by Agimor(m): 7:26am On Mar 24, 2017
Those hoarding the dollars will test this news like excrete.

2 Likes

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by lafuria1(m): 7:28am On Mar 24, 2017
even in kaduna, people that hid their dollars waiting for it to get to 700 naira to a dollar want to quickly sell before it crash further resulting in inflow of dollars, what is happening is a competition of personal BDCs (people who kept dollars at home for no reason) and the market BDCs, the personal BDCs have hoarded dollars for long and are now ready to sell at any given price which is affecting the market BDCs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by ojibole(m): 7:28am On Mar 24, 2017
wake me up when it's officially 150

1 Like

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 24, 2017
paschu:
grin grin

That's their only stock in trade. How else do you expect them to survive?

They have tried all they could - brutal force, pegging, threat - none worked. Now they are reverting back to their area of expertise - propaganda.

They want to sustain the Naira with propaganda. grin

Unfortunately, the market force gives no f^&%$ cheesy

Naira Depreciates you complain and remind us of how incompetent Buhari is, Naria Appreciates you also complain and remind us of how this is mere "propaganda".

Are u being paid to hate all your life, have hating and complaining made your life any better? cuz I'm totally confused.... What is it that you guys want?

Learn to appreciate good things and criticize when necessary.

I'm no fan of this govt but kudos to The Buhari Led Govt!!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by Sanchez01: 7:29am On Mar 24, 2017
CallmeGlad:
I'm not jumping up until prices of commodities starts crashing real fast
It won't be crashing anytime soon. Most of the traders around goofed by stocking their shops with goods bought when the exchange rate was around 500, owing to fear that the Naira would crash more than that.

Unfortunately, they are stuck with the old, expensive goods and they won't be selling lesser than the amount they bought it for.

Prices would only crash when old stocks are done away with and traders are able to buy new goods with the present exchange rate.

2 Likes

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by AlphaStyles(m): 7:29am On Mar 24, 2017
abeg make e fall o things 2 cost
Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by Spidermon: 7:30am On Mar 24, 2017
The abuja moneybags are releasing their dollars into the system causing a dollar glut over there.

As long as all these wicked ppl are in power, the safest bet is still against the Nigerian system.

If i could, i would wait till dollar goes below or around 200 and buy up as much as I can.

The reason will soon show itself

1 Like

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by Sanchez01: 7:31am On Mar 24, 2017
naijarates2017:
This is temporary.
It is a temporary solution that could be made permanent. We just need to earn more in Dollars than we spend and we are good to go.

1 Like

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 24, 2017
CallmeGlad:
I'm not jumping up until prices of commodities starts crashing real fast

This is my concern. Prices wont crash as fast as they r suppose to....greedy people everywhere. You go still dey hear na dollar cause am na dollar cause am from those retailers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by titsqueez(m): 7:35am On Mar 24, 2017
Are prices of goods eg foodstuff coming down?
Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by Ugosample(m): 7:36am On Mar 24, 2017
It's a good development

But why wait till now @CBN?
But thank God sha, they have woken up from their cluelessness
Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by BluePearls(m): 7:36am On Mar 24, 2017
lifestyle1:
All the bridges in lagos should be fenced.

No one is jumping anywhere.

Good morning

Good idea, we are all in this together cheesy

1 Like

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by juman(m): 7:38am On Mar 24, 2017
titsqueez:
Are prices of goods eg foodstuff coming down?

Abi.

The clueless government dont know how to achieve that.
Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by courage89(m): 7:38am On Mar 24, 2017
I'm hoping and praying this naira appreciation is real, sustainable and permanent. Our economy recovery depends on naira revaluation and stabilization. With naira appreciation and stabilization comes reduced inflation. Reduced inflation leads to reduced interest rate by CBN, based on monetary policy. Reduced interest rate leads to reduced bank interest rates and possibly higher loan extension to private industry. Increase activities in private practices leads to employment and job growth... and the cycle continues.

I don't know why it took CBN this long to wake up to their responsibilities. But, better late than never.

Kudos to the CBN for policy formulation and implementation. Nice one

1 Like

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by doskie(m): 7:39am On Mar 24, 2017
Artificial though.
Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by saintmark88(m): 7:42am On Mar 24, 2017
Atleast the prices of phones and other electronics should come down
Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by doskie(m): 7:45am On Mar 24, 2017
lafuria1:
even in kaduna, people that hid their dollars waiting for it to get to 700 naira to a dollar want to quickly sell before it crash further resulting in inflow of dollars, what is happening is a competition of personal BDCs (people who kept dollars at home for no reason) and the market BDCs, the personal BDCs have hoarded dollars for long and are now ready to sell at any given price which is affecting the market BDCs.
but do you speculate that the cost of things generally will drop with this dollar crash? Because my clients are using this as an excuse to price ridiculously. So far, price of 300watts solar panels for instance has increased ostentatiously.
Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by TinaAnita(f): 7:50am On Mar 24, 2017
Too early to celebrate, let's watch and see if it won't hit 600

2 Likes

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by mikeweezy(m): 7:51am On Mar 24, 2017
that is a good news,weldone SIr............so phone price gat to drop then ?
Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by emeka2847: 7:54am On Mar 24, 2017
As Baba return naira just dey rise dey go

1 Like

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by emi14: 7:56am On Mar 24, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
Arm chair Economists over to you -- we are listening to your broken record of the policy not being sustainable, and how this is an artificial appreciation of the Naira, as if the driving up of the exchange rate was not artificial ab initio.

Hoarders, speculators and children of hate -- how market and what do you have to say to this good news?

My brother. Half baked economist all over. Rehearsals on what they heard from lecture hall and those benefiting from recession.

1 Like

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by michoim(m): 7:58am On Mar 24, 2017
Thank you Jesus. God has started doing it! Much more better things to come...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by femi4: 7:59am On Mar 24, 2017
JustinSlayer69:
I know the Government is using both propaganda and dollar inflow to crash the price BUT

I change Naira to Dollar on a daily basis. On Tuesday, 2 of my colleagues changed dollars at 430 from me at 10am, by 1 pm, it had crashed to 420.

Dollar is crashing and it would benefit us all...why are some imbec1les sad because they hate APC?

Wail louder please grin grin grin

PS - Where are all those "prophets" who felt it was smart to predict it would rise to #600? grin

Apostle Suleiman 2017 prophecy, no 17

17. Dollar to exchange for N615 grin

5 Likes

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by Ishilove: 7:59am On Mar 24, 2017
It still too high. When Buhari came in it was 250 so it is not yet uhuru.

Fvcked up government and their fvcked up policies angry

1 Like

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by kabawa(m): 8:02am On Mar 24, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Even when it was 160 they didnt panick so please stop all this nonsense propaganda

Epain you werey grin

3 Likes

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by championer: 8:05am On Mar 24, 2017
All this praises to the government should stop. They created this mess, let them clean it up.

1 Like

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by freekick: 8:06am On Mar 24, 2017
paschu:
grin grin

That's their only stock in trade. How else do you expect them to survive?

They have tried all they could - brutal force, pegging, threat - none worked. Now they are reverting back to their area of expertise - propaganda.

They want to sustain the Naira with propaganda. grin

Unfortunately, the market force gives no f^&%$ cheesy

But when naira was depreciating the news was everywhere(then it wasnt a propaganda) and the market gave a f^.<k ba? You see ur life. Kwontinue

1 Like

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by HAH: 8:13am On Mar 24, 2017
femi4:

most of them are cunny, They just sit down look at trends an make possible predictions and term it prophecy, this time it back fired, dollar is 380 against his false prophecy of 600, sadly the gullible still see them as men of God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 24, 2017
femi4:

Thank you Mr Femi.... he couldn't predict his big booty adventures would be exposed.

At that time because of the steady decline, it seemed smart to say Dollar would be 600.

I swear I wonder about those gullible enough to believe him now.

4 Likes

Re: NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 24, 2017
Too many fools in Nigeria, some are still complaining. Majority of Nigerians were into western slavery which they don't want anything good to come out from Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Awards ₦200 Million To Yobe Girl Electrocuted By MTN Cable / Academic Writing- A Goldmine On Fiverr: Learn How I Made Over $3,000 In 5 Months / Traders, Transporters Reject New Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.