Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Nigerian Warships (pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Warships (pics) (42578 Views)

Meet Two Of The Most Sophisticated Warships In Africa / Nigerian Navy Deploys 16 Warships To Guard Oil Installations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by lx3as(m): 10:38am On Mar 24, 2017
donbenz:
NNS Aradu is cool
The best among them.
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by greggng: 10:42am On Mar 24, 2017
Who knows how USA own will be like. Indeed empty barel makes the greatest noise
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 24, 2017
These are American frigates, they re not our ships. We only have small gun boats like the one below.

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by Caseless: 11:00am On Mar 24, 2017
Nusaf:

Is there in what you quoted. Check again.
OK ! Thanks .
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by SmartyPants(m): 11:08am On Mar 24, 2017
DirtyGold:
Nice but not befitting for a country that claims to be giant of Africa.
Basic stuffs just for surveillance and defence.
Not sophisticated enough for invasion or ability to defend and attack at the same time.

***modified***

What is wrong or what prevents Nigeria from developing its own weapons and platforms?
Does anything forbid Nigeria from aspiring to have modern or superior weapons in the world?
Why do we send men and officers abroad?
Is it a case of lack of foresight or just the absence of ambition for real greatness?

What's tha business?

I think you already know they answer to your question. Greedy self-centered leadership has run the country into the ground in almost all sectors

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by SmartyPants(m): 11:11am On Mar 24, 2017
quentin06:
These are American frigates, they re not our ships. We only have small gun boats like the one below.

You don't know anything my friend! Just over a year or so ago we took custody of two custom built frigates (brand new) from china. Including NNS Unity.

Why some people delight in spreading lies to tarnish the image of the country, I just cannot tell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 24, 2017
so nigeria get destroyer? interesting to know.
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by RotrEmmanuel: 11:30am On Mar 24, 2017
tunchi014:
Add d omission of NNS BEECROFT & NNS PATHFINDER.
NNS BEECROFT AND PATHFINDER are not naval warships but shore establishments for military operations.
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by ebby9z(m): 11:32am On Mar 24, 2017
chukwuibuipob:
sad NNS OTOBO? That prosti.tute self get one

I thought i was the only one that saw that grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by OnowuOra(m): 11:47am On Mar 24, 2017
I was onboard NNS Ekun on a tour when i visited my Uncle in Naval base Apapa, who Captains the ship back then while i was in secondary school (Apapa High School)

It either the name has changed or OP didn't do a complete job
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
SmartyPants:

You don't know anything my friend! Just over a year or so ago we took custody of two custom built frigates (brand new) from china. Including NNS Unity.

Why some people delight in spreading lies to tarnish the image of the country, I just cannot tell.

Is that why you should react like that? Didnt I call them frigates before you? If they re are boats, how come they dont' have anything identifying them.

Get real fotos of our ships in our waters before passing judgment on people.
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by SmartyPants(m): 12:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
quentin06:

Is that why you should react like that? Didnt I call them frigates before you? If they re are boats, how come they dont' have anything identifying them.

Get real fotos of our ships in our waters before passing judgment on people.

Yes, i had to react like that. I don't need to get any photos of anything because the same way you scoured the web to find pictures of some patrol boats is the same way you could have easily googled any of the names the op presented to find out more about them.

If you are not being a disingenuous unpatriotic person.

To show you how much of a clown you are, here you go:

NNS Aradu, Thunder and Unity respectively. I don't have the time to look for the others.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by itsmayiela(m): 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
Can't find NNS Ologbo here. Oba of Benin must hear this.
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
TheDriller:
Not one single aircraft carrier.

How many carriers does China have?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
malware:
This is a strategic intelligence that is not meant for Internet consumption. Countries all over the world send espionage agents to other countries for the sole aim of uncovering their military might. Why would our own be readily available on the net like this?

Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44 please take it down before our intelligence operatives come after Nairaland.
Lolz. for your mind now you've made a valid point. FYI, countries all over the world make their military might public. They do that to instil fear in the minds of their would-be enemies. You won't attack me if you know I got an M16 always loaded and ready, would you?
They only keep their newer weapons classified.
The US, for example, even showcases their new weapons still under research. Google DARPA for more info.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:54pm On Mar 24, 2017
SmartyPants:

Don't mind them

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by sharrp: 12:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
adegeye38:
nonsense

no submarine

no aircraft carrier

How.many countries posses aircraft carrier . ingrate

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by Mckandre(m): 1:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
Do we ve aircraft carrier in nigeria ? undecided
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
SmartyPants:

Yes, i had to react like that. I don't need to get any photos of anything because the same way you scoured the web to find pictures of some patrol boats is the same way you could have easily googled any of the names the op presented to find out more about them.

If you are not being a disingenuous unpatriotic person.

To show you how much of a clown you are, here you go:

NNS Aradu, Thunder and Unity respectively. I don't have the time to look for the others.

Thanks Mr. Patriot,
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by Demmzy15(m): 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by Demmzy15(m): 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ishilove:

God forbid. Na die be dat angry
Come and beat me na!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by adegeye38(m): 1:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
sharrp:

How.many countries posses aircraft carrier . ingrate
Sa has, the money budgeted for military spending all this years can buy a couple of carriers and subs, we could even build them ourselves bt no thanks to corruption.
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by crispus09(m): 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
aooo:
@OP we no get submarines ni?? Sharperly go do research on dt. 20 marks await u
grin
aooo:
@OP we no get submarines ni?? Sharperly go do research on dt. 20 marks await u

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by jabolo(m): 1:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
chukwuibuipob:
sad NNS OTOBO? That prosti.tute self get one

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by sheDD(m): 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
Demmzy15:
Baba Buhari till 2023 grin grin tongue
And who said that those warships are buhari's achievement ..... ....guys and weed ehhh!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
Even this ship flying Irish flag with white sailors onboard is part of the Nigerian Navy?

Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by Dedetwo(m): 2:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
mick12017:
This is crap...you want to defend a nation with patrol boats...mtcheww.... They bout these things from u.s COAST GUARD

These are someone's scrap metals mostly Frigates and Patrol Boats refurbished and sold to Nigeria. These scrap metals cannot even leave the port before they are moribund in a case of war.
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by makahlj2: 3:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
Don't we have any aircraft carriers? sad
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by sagir1994(m): 3:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
0b10010011:
And Femi Otedola`s yacht didn't make the list?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3134676_otedolayacht3_jpeg5488931536429263390aa18d16bd2554
so we have all these big ships in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Warships (pics) by Dedetwo(m): 3:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
makahlj2:
Don't we have any aircraft carriers? sad

You do not even have a WWII class Destroyer and you are asking about aircraft carriers. It takes more than moribund Frigates and Patrol boats to operate an aircraft carrier.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kayan Zance: Gifts From Ajimobi To Ganduje Family (Photos) / Fateema Ganduje And Ajibola Ajimobi Are A Non-virtuous Couple – Kwankwaso / BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.