Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

The Alpha Maze By PEN - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Alpha Maze By PEN (464 Views)

Night At The Graveyard By Pen / The Letter (part 1 And Part 2) By PEN / The Evil Girl (flash-fiction ) By Pen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Alpha Maze By PEN by Palmernuel(m): 9:44am On Mar 24, 2017
Six years have I been here in the cell, locked behind bars, six year have I been locked out from the open world, my families, it has been six years of eating shit they called food, six year of lying on a stupid bunk. I will not say it is horrible; I totally enjoy it not when inside of me is full of satisfaction, and I intend to spend the rest of my life in here.

I am in D-block, it is made with stones, the walls are stones, the floors are stones, at night the walls and floors are cold so that lying on the ground or resting your head on the wall becomes a pleasure. My cell was just as small as a bathroom, with a bunk at one side.

Opposite my cell is James' cell, he is a huge bald headed fellow, eight years ago he had beaten his neighbor's son to death for breaking his window glass with a base ball, and was  sentenced. He is to spend the rest of his life here like me.

We have a hall where all the inmates have their meals, we have a field where we all roam at noon. I remember the first time I stepped my foot on the field it was evening, the moon light was already out and the usual cold was on its way, the bulbs where already shining bright in their wires. I was new to the whole thing, the place was very strange, and as I walked into the field, I saw over hundred inmates watching me.

Some had their hands folded and some were clapping, I withdrew my steps and herd them saying at the top of their lungs 'c'mon...c'mon fight like a man' I began walking again.

When I got closer one of them said 'clear the way' and I saw them patting, the next thing I knew was that I was stand right in their middle. Their clapping and cheering increased.

just then James came out from the crowd and the noise faded, he was punching his left palm with his right fist, he twisted his neck and I heard the cracking sound, cold fear greeted me, I couldn't imagine standing in front of a guy so big and now it seem I was to fight with him.

My eyes were on his chest, it was bare his grey overall which every one of us is wearing sagged to his waist, on his chest was the world biggest 'w' it was bouncing.

'Come... fight' he said and grinned

'Fight!...fight!... fight' the crowed began to cheer, I bit my lips hard and ran to him, I was attempting a punch when he grabbed me by the neck, he pulled me up and I felt my legs leaving the ground and was dangling in the air. he looked at the crowd and grin then he threw me to the ground, I fell on my back and felt a sharp pain on my head.

Full story at
https://www.wattpad.com/386741390-the-alpha-maze-prologue

Please endeavor to vote if you like the chapter. Thanks for your support.

(1) (Reply)

One Silly Joke / Inkitt Novel Competition 2017 For Unpublished And Self-published Writers / Hello Nairaland Pals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.