Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,175 members, 7,849,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:25 AM

What To Do When You Are Persecuted - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What To Do When You Are Persecuted (230 Views)

See What Happened To 4 Church Elders That Persecuted Idahosa / Christians Are Persecuted By Allah's Army / Christians The Most Persecuted Group In World For Second Year: Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Do When You Are Persecuted by ACKCITY: 10:01am On Mar 24, 2017
“God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right, for the kingdom of Heaven is theirs” Matthew 5:9 (NLT)

Persecution is being treated cruelly or unfairly over a period of time especially because of your religious or political beliefs.

Another definition of persecution is to deliberately cause difficulties for someone by annoying them often.

My point therefore is; persecution is not only when you take a man and hang him on the cross for a sin he did not commit, persecution is also deliberately making someone go through a difficult situation or difficulties by making them get angry all the time.

So when you do things deliberately too often to people that gets them angry you are persecuting them.

Again I have often heard people misquote this verse of the bible to mean that God will bless those that are persecuted when they get to heaven.

Some people interpret this to mean that, when people persecute you it is criteria for you to get to heaven.

This is why you hear some Christians sing sorrowful songs to make people feel sympathy for their situations.

The subject of our discussion however is the blessing for that person who is being persecuted.

The bible did not say that you will go to heaven when you die because you are being persecuted.

No, what the bible means here is that when you are doing the right thing and people persecute you, don’t be worried. Why? Because, the kingdom of heaven is yours.

When God say the kingdom of heaven is yours, what is He saying? What He means is that it belongs to you, when something belongs to you, you can do anything you like with it. You can take whatever you like from it.

If for instance you believe in a cause, a business that God has put in your hands, some people will deliberately try to make things difficult for you by making you get angry. Or by mocking you deliberately to make you appear like a fool, probably because they cannot do what you are doing.

Read more >>http://citofgod..com.ng/2017/03/what-to-do-when-you-are-persecuted.html

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Are Persecuted by Origin(f): 10:29am On Mar 24, 2017
Sounds familiar.

When I don't get jobs cos I cover my head and HR is a christian is..........

When I cannot walk on the streets without being bombarded by mega phones is........

When I cannot sleep cos some religious outfits stay close by and even though they are not up to 20 in a wooden shed. The whole neighborhood must have no rest is.........

When I'm happy the weekend is here. Thank you God at last resssssssst. But knock knock...jehovah witness is................

When a muslim does a bad thing, you insult his whole religion but a christian does bad things you insult his tribe is.............

When you see me in my hijab walking jeje and you push your church pamphlet in my face but you refuse to collect my mosque programme is...................

PERSECUTION.

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Claim / Established And Kept / Repent! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.