Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Como Oil And Gas Employment Scam Alert - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Como Oil And Gas Employment Scam Alert (942 Views)

Employment Scam In A Federal Polytechnic / HSE And Oil & Gas Employment Opportunity / Fraud Alert: Innoson Motors Warns On The Current Employment Scam .( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Como Oil And Gas Employment Scam Alert by Presido95: 10:50am On Mar 24, 2017
I got this message from one Como Oil and Gas saying I have been shortlisted for interview and asking "their father" to pay 1K. I saw the message and immediately knew it was a scam. I can imagine how many people might have paid already. So I made sure I found out which platform they were using for their online payment (VoguePay), sent an email to them so others are not defrauded. Scammers have now moved to a new level in this country. It's possible they also got the details from NYSC, cos I know those guys have no security or from a NYSC mobilization list posted online by your school which has all your details including phone no. (Cos my sch posted the list on their website). Please do not fall for this.

Re: Como Oil And Gas Employment Scam Alert by Jamite(m): 1:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
DOMAIN INFORMATION
Domain:comooilandgas.us
Registrar:NAMECHEAP, INC.
Registration Date:2017-03-19
Expiration Date:2018-03-18
Updated Date:2017-03-23
Name Servers:ns1.kayodesowole.com
ns2.kayodesowole.com

Pure Scam.
Re: Como Oil And Gas Employment Scam Alert by Smart101: 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2017
Presido95:
I got this message from one Como Oil and Gas saying I have been shortlisted for interview and asking "their father" to pay 1K. I saw the message and immediately knew it was a scam. I can imagine how many people might have paid already. So I made sure I found out which platform they were using for their online payment (VoguePay), sent an email to them so others are not defrauded. Scammers have now moved to a new level in this country. It's possible they also got the details from NYSC, cos I know those guys have no security or from a NYSC mobilization list posted online by your school which has all your details including phone no. (Cos my sch posted the list on their website). Please do not fall for this.

Thanks for calling out this fraud. cool

But why are fraudsters so brazen in their approach to the extent of using a reputable online payment like VoguePay ?

Am aware they have a buyer protection programme that can help affected individuals to recover their funds http://voguepayblog.com/kb/deal-reversalcharge-back-due-frauds/
Re: Como Oil And Gas Employment Scam Alert by kadijathassan: 8:48am On Apr 04, 2017
Presido95:

This Scammers are really going out of hand. I hope Voguepay fraud control team are aware of this because this guy needs to be stopped.
Re: Como Oil And Gas Employment Scam Alert by Qualms: 1:44am On Apr 06, 2017
Hi All and thank you for the effort in getting this scam exposed. We at VoguePay apologise for the delay in responding to this post. As you would imagine, of paramount importance to us are:
- Making sure that the promoters of this scam pay,
- Protecting the unsuspecting cardholders (job-seekers), and
- Making sure that the website is taken offline

We trust that your continued faith in our ability to combat suspected fraudulent practices like this is enough to let you understand that we will not sleep until we ensure that full remediation is made. Kicking cyber criminals out of our society is everyone's business.

The Fraud Management Team of VoguePay has scored vital points in tracking and identifying the promoters of this business. They have also ensured that the customers' funds remain protected and that a FULL refund will be made to every cardholder who fell victim to this scam. The fraudulent website has been summarily shut down. While it is near impossible to prevent these scams from happening, we have always invested heavily in security to ensure that cyber criminals stay far away from the VoguePay brand. And where an incidence occurs, ensuring that the suspected fraudsters are unable to access the funds (as is same in this case) has always been the team's primary goal.

We will be working with the law enforcement agents and affected banks in making sure that the promoters of this business are subjected to the law. This is a criminal case which we believe that the state will judiciously pursue.

We sincerely appreciate the efforts of the whistle blowers and everyone who reposed faith in VoguePay's zero tolerance for fraud related activities. We will be reaching out to those who made payments to this business by the end of this week with the refund plan.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to our teams on fraudcontrol @voguepay.com (remove space) and support @voguepay.com (remove space) if you suspect that our platform is being used for any unfair business practices. We take the security of all stakeholders very seriously.

(1) (Reply)

Npower Beneficiaries Vs Nrc Tes Interview / Sharptowers Limited Nationwide Recruitment (28 Vacant Positions) / Marcel Group Of Companies Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.