Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Baby Born With Rare Deformity Is Rejected By His Mum 'for Looking Like an alien' - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Baby Born With Rare Deformity Is Rejected By His Mum 'for Looking Like an alien' (584 Views)

Confusion At Ucha Village, Markurdi, As Baby Is Born With Rare Deformity (photos / Baby Born With Rare Condition Causes Panic In Makurdi ( Viewer Discretion) / Indian Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Son Because He Looked Like An Alien (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Baby Born With Rare Deformity Is Rejected By His Mum 'for Looking Like an alien' by Orina(m): 2:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
Doctors diagnosed the newborn with extremely rare genetic condition which gives sufferers thick skin and deformed features

A baby boy has been inundated with visitors who believe he is a reincarnation of a Hindu god - despite being rejected by his mother.

Mum-of-four Khalida Begum gave birth to the as yet unnamed infant on Monday, according to reports in India.

But the 35-year-old was "shocked" when she saw he had a small head and bulging eyes.

Local reports claim doctors diagnosed him the with extremely rare genetic condition harlequin ichthyosis, which gives sufferers thick skin and deformed features.

However, his symptoms appear to be more consistent with another rare defect called Anencephaly. Villagers in Kadamgachi in Kathihar, are now flocking to the family home, believing he is an incarnation of Hindu monkey God Hanuman, it has been reported.

His mother said: "Several body parts of the baby is not completely developed.

"When I saw the baby after delivery for the first time, I was completely shocked to see the alien-looking boy. "I couldn't believe that I had a delivered an alien-like boy.

"I was so shocked and saddened by this that I asked the midwife to take the baby out of my sight.

"My other children were born healthy without any deformity.

"That's why it took me sometime to absorb the shock."

The boy's father, Mohammed Imtiyaz added: "Maybe God has sent him as an exhibit."

Local sources said the boy was not expected to survive.

http://www.thepostexpress.com/2017/03/baby-born-with-extremely-rare-deformity.html?m=1

Re: Baby Born With Rare Deformity Is Rejected By His Mum 'for Looking Like an alien' by Orina(m): 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Anonymously Post Your Age And Account Balance. / Is Tekno Dating Lola Rae / Volcanic Soil Causing Elephantiasis In Western Uganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.