Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,186 members, 7,957,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:35 PM

President Zuma Meets With Progeria Teen Phalatse - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Zuma Meets With Progeria Teen Phalatse (324 Views)

President Zuma Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa / Zuriel Oduwole Meets With John Kerry In US. Photos / President Zuma Flees As Storm Wrecks Havoc On His Tent At An Event. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Zuma Meets With Progeria Teen Phalatse by panafrican(m): 11:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
A president with a good heart.

24 March, 01:30 AM

Sharlene Rood, News24

Ontlametse Phalatse is a living, breathing miracle. She suffers from Progeria, a rare genetic disorder which causes premature aging and is the only known black female born with this disease.

While doctors predicted she would only live until the age of 14, Phalatse will be celebrating her 18th birthday over the weekend.

She celebrated this milestone with President Jacob Zuma at his Mahlamba Ndlopfu Presidential House in Pretoria. The president surprised Phalatse with a basket filled with flowers and a cake.

"It is just an honour to be here, I am truly blessed," said Phalatse.

"I am out of words. I was so nervous I even posted on Instagram that I don't know what to say, but he is a lovely person and easy to communicate with."

Zuma said they spent some time discussing "wonderful things".

"She is an absolutely wonderful young lady."

The Jacob Zuma Foundation has agreed to help meet some of Phalatse's wishes by combining their forces with the Ontlametse Phalatse Trust.

One of Phalatse's biggest wishes is to own a home.

WATCH: Progeria teen celebrates milestone birthday with President Zuma
http://www.news24.com/Video/SouthAfrica/News/watch-progeria-sufferer-celebrates-milestone-birthday-with-president-zuma-20170324
Re: President Zuma Meets With Progeria Teen Phalatse by ABOKI9ja: 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
ZarZar you are needed here come and read about our president (ANC Party) cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

St Petersburg Explosion: 10 Dead After 'shrapnel-filled Devices' Explode / BREAKING: Terrorist Attack In St Petersburg, Russia Leaves 10 Dead Read More: / Ten Killed In The Bombing In St. Petersburg And The Authorities Were Investigati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.