Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? (49243 Views)

Car Dealers Can Still Make Money In This Lockdown Period!!! Check It Out / Join Our Car Dealers Group On Whatsapp To Buy And Sell Ur Cars Faster & Quicker / Some Things Car Dealers Do Not Tell Their Prospective Customers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by bigcil2(m): 5:02am On Mar 25, 2017
So as we all know the US dollar is crashing and falling like the nursery rhyme "London Bridge is Falling Down, Falling Down, Down , Down....."

It has been a habit now for some months that car dealers especially the ones on Nairaland, took advantage of the crisis. In fact i saw one guy post an ad for a Tokunbo Volvo s40 or so for almost a million Naira, the year of that car was either 96/98 can't really recollect. But my point is finally they can't hide on the disguise of
"Dollar is costly"

So my questions are thus:-

1. Will they sell tokunbo corolla sport 03-05 for 1.2/1.4m instead of selling between 2-2.2m. Also good to note that they're selling the Nigerian used version for 1.8m
1. Will prices fall or will they continue with the excuse of
"You can see the price of dollar is high" grin

Well for me I know it will be one story or the other. But am happy at least if I don't get a good price here na to go to one of those auction sites and buy my car directly from reasonable sellers that have conscience.

87 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by Dottore: 5:19am On Mar 25, 2017
The truth is that it will take at least one month or even two for price of commodities to really reflect the naira appreciation if the naira sustains it's strength against the dollar.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by Alwaysking: 6:31am On Mar 25, 2017
I concur

1 Like

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by chukel(m): 6:56am On Mar 25, 2017
For cars, it will take at least 2months to reflect on the price of cars if the crash is sustained.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by 2sexynet: 7:19am On Mar 25, 2017
Where is lalasticlala when you want some love mbok? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by Damolux01(m): 7:20am On Mar 25, 2017
What's the appreciation like sef? How much is naira to $$ now?
Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by SIMEONMPEE(m): 7:32am On Mar 25, 2017
a

163 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by andycom(m): 7:40am On Mar 25, 2017
SIMEONMPEE:
Especially those that are selling used car.. which they have used for more than 2, 3, 4, 5 year... I was so shock seeing Toyota highlander used 2003 to 2005 selling for 2. 3m to 2. 8m

Most of those car are bought far lesser than the price they want to sell now

I swear na we Nigeria they do ourselves

greedy

my brother I concur to what you said, we are to greedy. last month someone posted a 1999 Lexus es 300 for 1.250, can you imagine that

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 25, 2017
People selling Nigerian used cars at higher amounts that they bought it after using it anyhow. We wait and see.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by toniro(m): 8:10am On Mar 25, 2017
As in ehhh. Me just lock up pendin when the prices drop abit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by younglleo: 10:02am On Mar 25, 2017
Dottore:
The truth is that it will take at least one month or even two for price of commodities to really reflect the naira appreciation if the naira sustains it's strength against the dollar.
methinks it's going to take 3-4 months

2 Likes

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by horlabiyi(m): 10:32am On Mar 25, 2017
The greedy dealers are really going to suffer for this. 5 months is not really too much time to wait for because I just can't imagine buying a Tokunbo pencil camry for over a million naira.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 25, 2017
Big loss mehn
Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by SNOWCREAM(m): 11:45am On Mar 25, 2017
Nairaland sellers are like the greediest sellers I've ever come across on a single platform. Good for them

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by SalamRushdie: 11:45am On Mar 25, 2017
At 380 to a dollar the Niar is sti bleeped up

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by SeniorZato(m): 11:45am On Mar 25, 2017
Thats the result of been patient
Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by skarz: 11:46am On Mar 25, 2017
hehehe
Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by chynie: 11:46am On Mar 25, 2017
a
Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by momodub: 11:46am On Mar 25, 2017
Keep falling down
Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by meskana212(m): 11:47am On Mar 25, 2017
Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by latest90: 11:48am On Mar 25, 2017
Not only them, importers generally.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by Lionhearted: 11:48am On Mar 25, 2017
bjhaid:
Big loss mehn
You deals in car, in addition to dealing with the bookies?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by Absa: 11:48am On Mar 25, 2017
That was hw i saw 2007 camry on NL for 4.7m nd i cud nt help but wonder what kind of tin hatred we av for each oda...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by Fantastic2m(m): 11:49am On Mar 25, 2017
Winter is coming for them.. grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by tosyne2much(m): 11:50am On Mar 25, 2017
Market don spoil for them be that nah cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by oruma19: 11:50am On Mar 25, 2017
chukel:
For cars, it will take at least 2months to reflect on the price of cars if the crash is sustained.
taaaaa!!! Nigerians are the enemies of Nigeria. If there's a problem, it doesn't take a second to hike prices, when things are returning to normal now, Nigerian traders who are the devil's will refuse to do the corresponding change in prices of goods and services. Tell me who us now to blame . If u go to buy something from the mkt, the sellers first make calls to either lagos or Onitsha to knw if prices have changed. What sort of a country is dis? Now that dollar is crashing, u may not believe me some pple are not happy. U can imagine ..

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by EmmaLege: 11:51am On Mar 25, 2017
Correct
Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by tosyne2much(m): 11:51am On Mar 25, 2017
Absa:
That was hw i saw 2007 camry on NL for 4.7m nd i cud nt help but wonder what kind of tin hatred we av for each oda...
The tire me ooo my brother
Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by donhils: 11:51am On Mar 25, 2017
Dottore:
You have spoken very correctly. Well done! *In Joke Silva's voice*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by jamesbridget13(f): 11:52am On Mar 25, 2017
Dollar is falling down, falling down, falling downnnnnnnn

Me likey
Re: Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? by Zhirinovsky: 11:54am On Mar 25, 2017
If you want to purchase a vehicle then stay away from nairaland dealers. Most times they inflate the prices above a 100%

23 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

*****2008 TOYOTA 4RUNNER SR5***ZERO REPORTED ACCIDENT**Time Left: 1D 5H 52min / ❗️❗️Car Scanning/Diagnosis In Ibadan 08167469103 / How The 80 Arrested For Fraud by FBI Will affect car sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.