Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release (700 Views)

Northern Lawyers Write Malami Over Formation Of New Bar Association / Video & Picture Of How The Security Forces Burnt Kanu's Lawyers House / 184 Doctors From 7 Countries Write Buhari Over El-zakzaky (Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by Davidflight: 11:05am On Mar 25, 2017
A member of the legal team of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mr. Johnmary Jideobi has written President Muhammadu Buhari on the continued disobedience of court order as it concerned the release of the IPOB leader.

Jideobi, in the letter, said that by constitutional structuring and operation of Nigerian laws, the Department of State Service (DSS) and all military and para-military agencies were under the president’s ultimate control and command as the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and should therefore react when laws were flouted.

He recalled that the Federal High Court had, on December 17, 2015, delivered a ruling on the application brought by Kanu, adding that in the said ruling, a sacred order was solemnly pronounced against the DSS to the effect that Kanu should be released unconditionally, having been admitted to bail.

Jideobi said: “The decisions of the Federal High Court, the National Industrial Court, a High Court and of all other courts established by the Nigerian Constitution shall be enforced in any part of the Federation by all authorities and persons, and by other courts of law with subordinate jurisdiction to that of the Federal High Court, the National Industrial Court, a High Court and those other Courts.

“The discernible constitutional duty that has crystallized on your shoulders as eventuating from the provision of the law is to enforce the decisions of the Federal High Court, such as the one made by Justice Ademola J. on the 17th December, 2015.

”Obedience to orders of courts is fundamental to the peace and stability of the Nigerian nation. The ugly alternative is a painful recrudescence of triumph of brute force or anarchy, a resort to our old system of settlement by means of bow and arrows, machetes and guns.

“Disobedience to an order of court should, therefore, be seen as an offence directed not against the personality of the Judge who made the order, but as a calculated act of subversion of peace, law, and order in Nigeria..

“Obedience to every order of court is a duty which every citizen who believes in peace and stability of the Nigerian State owes to the nation. To allow court orders to be disobeyed would be to tread the road toward anarchy.

“If orders of the court can be treated with disrespect, the whole administration of justice is brought into scorn…If the remedies that the court grants to correct wrongs can be ignored, then, there will be nothing left for each person, but to take the law into his own hands

“The continued detention of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, despite a subsisting order of court to the contrary, has satisfied all the ingredients of the definition ascribed to a contemnor who our Supreme Court adjudges to be an anarchist, terminator of democracy and enemy of order, peace and stability of Nigeria. Indeed, this is a shameful toga that is most unworthy of any occupant of the number one office in our Republic as ordained by our Constitution.

“This is primitive rape of our democracy and unrestrained slide into tyranny and impunity, which all along we thought had been buried seven months ago. “No matter how intimidated and scared a people might be, it will necessarily get to a point where they will be compelled to protest to their dreaded king even if it means covering their faces with baskets in so doing.”

Jideobi urged the president to objectively appreciate the issues at stake and develop the courage to retrace his discomforting unconstitutional steps on the issue of the continued detention of Kanu despite the court ruling granting him bail unconditionally.

Credit: Vanguard

http://igbobia.com/?q=mazi-nnamdi-kanu-lawyers-write-buhari-cite-fg-disobedience-to-court-orders-and-demand-for-his.html
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by zico530(m): 11:07am On Mar 25, 2017
Why?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 25, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu should be sentenced to 130years imprisonment with hard labor. Nigeria is bigger than him and his useless Bia.fraud

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by ozoebuka1(m): 11:13am On Mar 25, 2017
xstry:
Nnamdi Kanu should be sentenced to 130years imprisonment with hard labor. Nigeria is bigger than him and his useless Bia.fraud
You don dey open mouth like fool, one day could be your turn hope you know?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by nwabobo: 11:13am On Mar 25, 2017
xstry:

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 25, 2017
ozoebuka1:
You don dey open mouth like fool, one day could be your turn hope you know?
you're a Mo.ron. Unlike your otondo dilector of bia.fraud, I use my head. Your dilector is a foolish man. That's what landed him in jail
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by farouk0403(m): 11:18am On Mar 25, 2017
Nnamdi kanu is forming jack buer of Ipob before he got arrested, but now he don become Lincoln of prison break.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by Davidflight: 11:28am On Mar 25, 2017
While you identify with the truths in the information and contents from this Moniker...don't forget the source is Igbobia.com...the Pan-Igbo forum that reveals real facts about and discusses the Igbo people.
I registered on the site as soon as it was launched a month ago , and ever since, I fell in love with it for the unique knowledge and unknown facts it springs. Of course, anyone can register there...it is fast rising
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by ozoebuka1(m): 11:30am On Mar 25, 2017
xstry:
Unlike your otondo dilector of bia.fraud, I use my head. Your dilector is a foolish man. That's what landed him in jail
you the wise man from one Nigeria, I have seen how your kinsmen are faring out of prison.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by Davidflight: 11:42am On Mar 25, 2017
I join Youngadvocate in the strong belief that the right channel for Umui-Igbo online to receive news contents, information and discuss matters of importance to them, devoid of harassment, threat of being blocked or suspended on this forum and where we have the freedom of being informed generally, is Igbobia.com.
The Platform just opened in February,2017 and the massive acceptance is has received so far has seen it welcome many registered users, of whom I am part of.
Let us join hands to build the platform for the sake of our identity and the preservation of our culture. That doesn't mean we will run away from Nairaland, atleast to read the insults the others reign on ndi-Igbo.

We are Umu-Igbo, we cannever be less our great identity.
Igbo makaanu!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2017
xstry:
Since it's justified by you that someone should be incarcerated for no proven offense, may such faith become your garments all through your life, agony and sorrow shall be your consoler. shocked
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 1:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
xstry:
you're a Mo.ron. Unlike your otondo dilector of bia.fraud, I use my head. Your dilector is a foolish man. That's what landed him in jail
So because you found yourself in SS3 you now think you have opinions over National matters?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 2:16pm On Mar 25, 2017
Davidflight:

I join Youngadvocate in the strong belief that the right channel for Umui-Igbo online to receive news contents, information and discuss matters of importance to them, devoid of harassment, threat of being blocked or suspended on this forum and where we have the freedom of being informed generally, is Igbobia.com.
The Platform just opened in February,2017 and the massive acceptance is has received so far has seen it welcome many registered users, of whom I am part of.
Let us join hands to build the platform for the sake of our identity and the preservation of our culture. That doesn't mean we will run away from Nairaland, atleast to read the insults the others reign on ndi-Igbo.

We are Umu-Igbo, we cannever be less our great identity.
Igbo makaanu!!
I tried to click a 1001 LIKES for this post but I found out that I could click but just 1 LIKE, never the less I say may God bless you and the founder of that forum, at least the level of insults and bigotry we get here will reduce.
Meanwhile continue disseminate this information while I take on the task too.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by Dedetwo(m): 2:38pm On Mar 25, 2017
Davidflight:
A member of the legal team of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mr. Johnmary Jideobi has written President Muhammadu Buhari on the continued disobedience of court order as it concerned the release of the IPOB leader.

Jideobi, in the letter, said that by constitutional structuring and operation of Nigerian laws, the Department of State Service (DSS) and all military and para-military agencies were under the president’s ultimate control and command as the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and should therefore react when laws were flouted.

He recalled that the Federal High Court had, on December 17, 2015, delivered a ruling on the application brought by Kanu, adding that in the said ruling, a sacred order was solemnly pronounced against the DSS to the effect that Kanu should be released unconditionally, having been admitted to bail.

Jideobi said: “The decisions of the Federal High Court, the National Industrial Court, a High Court and of all other courts established by the Nigerian Constitution shall be enforced in any part of the Federation by all authorities and persons, and by other courts of law with subordinate jurisdiction to that of the Federal High Court, the National Industrial Court, a High Court and those other Courts.

“The discernible constitutional duty that has crystallized on your shoulders as eventuating from the provision of the law is to enforce the decisions of the Federal High Court, such as the one made by Justice Ademola J. on the 17th December, 2015.

”Obedience to orders of courts is fundamental to the peace and stability of the Nigerian nation. The ugly alternative is a painful recrudescence of triumph of brute force or anarchy, a resort to our old system of settlement by means of bow and arrows, machetes and guns.

“Disobedience to an order of court should, therefore, be seen as an offence directed not against the personality of the Judge who made the order, but as a calculated act of subversion of peace, law, and order in Nigeria..

“Obedience to every order of court is a duty which every citizen who believes in peace and stability of the Nigerian State owes to the nation. To allow court orders to be disobeyed would be to tread the road toward anarchy.

“If orders of the court can be treated with disrespect, the whole administration of justice is brought into scorn…If the remedies that the court grants to correct wrongs can be ignored, then, there will be nothing left for each person, but to take the law into his own hands

“The continued detention of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, despite a subsisting order of court to the contrary, has satisfied all the ingredients of the definition ascribed to a contemnor who our Supreme Court adjudges to be an anarchist, terminator of democracy and enemy of order, peace and stability of Nigeria. Indeed, this is a shameful toga that is most unworthy of any occupant of the number one office in our Republic as ordained by our Constitution.

“This is primitive rape of our democracy and unrestrained slide into tyranny and impunity, which all along we thought had been buried seven months ago. “No matter how intimidated and scared a people might be, it will necessarily get to a point where they will be compelled to protest to their dreaded king even if it means covering their faces with baskets in so doing.”

Jideobi urged the president to objectively appreciate the issues at stake and develop the courage to retrace his discomforting unconstitutional steps on the issue of the continued detention of Kanu despite the court ruling granting him bail unconditionally.

Credit: Vanguard

http://igbobia.com/?q=mazi-nnamdi-kanu-lawyers-write-buhari-cite-fg-disobedience-to-court-orders-and-demand-for-his.html

If Nigerian courts cannot decide cases before them on merits and be able to relieve individuals of litigious burden based on the powers vested by the constitution, Nigeria should quit parading itself as democracy. It is very funny the group people who knew intrigues of democratic principles are petitioning the executive of government to settle issue with the confines of the judiciary. Nigeria is practical joke.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Lawyers Write Buhari...demand For His Unconditional Release by Davidflight: 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2017
Eziokwuegbuozoo:
I tried to click a 1001 LIKES for this post but I found out that I could click but just 1 LIKE, never the less I say may God bless you and the founder of that forum, at least the level of insults and bigotry we get here will reduce.
Meanwhile continue disseminate this information while I take on the task too.

My Dear...igbali go...Ka anyi ji ko aka onu wuo the site. The just started though...but he's doing a great job I must say

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: How EFCC Linked Saraki, Aides To N3.5 Billion Paris Club Refund / APC lets we forget / Five Verified Facts That Proves That Buhari Is A Bloody Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.