Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Ten Most Hated Categories Of People In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Most Hated Categories Of People In Lagos (675 Views)

Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage / 13 Categories Of People That Will Benefit From Atiku/ Obi Presidency / Sule Lamido: "Buhari Hated Yar'adua; How He Treated Him" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Most Hated Categories Of People In Lagos by Bekwarra(m): 8:45pm On Mar 25, 2017
To say that Lagos is Nigeria's most populated, cosmopolitan and dynamic city is definitely repeating the oblivious. When it comes to cities in Nigeria, Lagos is in a class of its own. Nigeria's economic capital is a melting pot of different people from different parts of Nigeria and beyond due to the different opportunities it holds and its limitless potentials.
However with these positives also comes some challenges that people face in Lagos almost on a daily basis from monstrous traffic snarls to inadequate and overstretched amenities as well as crime and violence just to mention a few.

Meanwhile, apart from criminals and men of the underworld who terrorise Lagosians almost on a daily basis, there are some categories of people who either enjoy some form of legitimacy or work for the government who have in recent times become a nightmare to residents. Here is a top 10 list of these people.

10. Government Nurses
The Nursing profession is a noble and well respected position due to the importance it holds to the society making it indispensable to any modern society. However, some bad eggs among our noble nurses have made nurses especially those that work in government hospitals to be viewed with so much bile, hatred and anger. Many people now see nurses that work in government hospitals as just a bunch of inhumane, callous, wicked, nonchalant and snobbish people who have no human feeling and who only go to work to gossip notwithstanding the fact that it's only a few of them that behave in such a way. But some nurses get bad mouth o. They can insult you like kilode.

9. Bus Drivers/Conductors
The relationship between this set of people and Lagosians is a love-hate relationship. We love and hate them with almost equal passion. Many of them are neat, nicely-dressed and respectful. However, a larger percentage are rude, unruly and very disrespectful. There's nobody too big or old for them to insult or fight. They curse people with reckless abandon. They shove you in and push you out of vehicles, they pray you forget to collect your change, they call a route and decide not to get to the bus stop before they tell everybody to pour out, they tie Chukwudi and Adeleke together to find change by themselves while the bus zooms off, they call Shogunle-PWD-Ikeja Along, you enter but on the way they decide not to stop at PWD. The list is endless.

8. Customs Officers
The hatred people have for these people started blossoming a couple of years back but it has currently hit an all time high. Their endless "war" and pursuit of rice dealers coupled with the recent policy on duty paid on cars are turning them to public enemy. The rate at which they go after rice dealers from the borders to the roads, streets and even breaking into market stalls at night has made people to hate them. Fight rice dealers and you are inadvertently fighting Nigerians. The various allegations of customs officials diverting seized goods especially rice and cooking oil to shops and warehouses of their wives and concubines is not helping them in the court of public opinion.

7. KAI/Taskforce
They are one of the numerous Lagos State Government agencies and one of the most hated not because of anything but because of their jobs and how they go about it. Is it when they are arresting people for failing to use the pedestrian bridge and instead crossing the expressway? Or when they are picking you up for leaving your house earlier than the designated time on environmental sanitation day? Is it when they go about arresting hawkers or roadside traders? Should we talk of when they go about with taskforce officials to demolish shops and shanties? What about when they arrest you for urinating by the roadside? Although many of their works are normal and much needed for a state like Lagos but people are not interested in that tale. In Lagos state, the fear of KAI and Taskforce is the beginning of wisdom.

6. VIO
They are a menace on the roads especially the major roads. I don't know why but it seems I have a personal hatred for these people. At the risk of using unsavoury language, I wouldn't want to say much about them but road users in Lagos can easily say much about them especially tricycle operators, commercial bus drivers and trucks that carry goods. I don't know of it's due to the monthly target they are given or the quest to survive but believe me when I tell you these guys are vicious. They should change their uniform from white, they should be fully clothed in black.

Re: Ten Most Hated Categories Of People In Lagos by Bekwarra(m): 8:45pm On Mar 25, 2017
5. They are probably the most popular Lagos State Government agency and possibly the most hated. They are hated by motorists in Lagos state with raw passion. They are a menace to drivers and vehicle owners both private and commercial. They are a menace to drivers on Lagos roads. If you use Jesus Christ and Mohammed to beg them, you are just deceiving yourself as they can never allow you go scot free. There is nothing like "oga please I don't know" even if it's your first time in Lagos. Although some of them are disciplined and urbane in the discharge of their duties, majority behave like touts. They run after vehicles at will, they insult like there is no tomorrow, they cause traffic hold up and accidents with their actions. Despite the fact that they are doing a great job in bringing about free flow of traffic on Lagos roads, people can't just forgive their insolence and unruly behaviours at times. Bribe collection has become a norm, they "arrest" vehicles at will, sometimes they move to the streets to tow away "wrongly parked" vehicles. Their fines and tickets? That's for another day.
4. Agberos
Whenever I see them or hear about them, some otherworldly hatred and anger swell up deep inside me. They are hated by motorists, conductors as well as commuters in Lagos. What seem to anger people most is the fact that these jobless folks are everything bad about Lagos rolled into one. Or how do you describe a situation where able-bodied men stand on the roads and in parks from morning till night collecting huge sums of money from drivers at every park and bus stop. The most annoying part is that we don't know what the monies are meant for . They still look tattered and dirty still. They litter all Lagos roads in their thousands collecting returns on every loaded vehicle. They are good representatives of the failures of our social system. They are one of the chief reasons for the high transport fares Lagosians pay. At times I pity commercial bus drivers whenever they pay these leeches because I usually think, how much will these drivers take home now when these useless boys have collected everything on the roads only to be delivered to some pot-bellied over bleached bosses at night who spend everything on prostitutes parading themselves as actresses while their boys who are on the roads spend their own commission in brothels, Jedi and hemp joints, gambling and eating food with assorted meat. They go about fighting, cursing, shouting and causing trouble. They even have uniforms now. What a useless bunch.
3. Omo Onile
These are those we call land speculators or land grabbers. This page is not enough to describe their atrocities and the level of hatred home and land owners in Lagos have for them. What I can guarantee here is that they are a menace and well hated by Lagosians. They have killed the dreams of many of people owning homes in Lagos. They have frustrated some people into giving up on their hopes. You are charged exorbitant prices for land, they charge you for foundation, roofing, even if you want to deck your house. They are a nightmare.
2. NEPA
Call them PHCN, IKEDC, EKEDC or which ever name suits you but the name NEPA is bound to stick to them for life. They are a nightmare to every home and business in Lagos State. They have so much made power supply a luxury no thanks to our leaders. People curse them at will because they can be very frustrating. At times they don't give you power supply for weeks or months at times then suddenly they appear out of nowhere with crazy bills that drive people crazy. We have seen cases of people beating them up. When they bring power, people curse them, when they take it, they are cursed from adults to children, when their vehicles pass, they receive curses. We've had instances of some being beaten to death. No other group of people frustrate Lagosians as much as them. Apart from epileptic power supply and crazy bills, these people are just too corrupt. They see bribe taking as their birthright. They are so much hated by Lagosians that the number one category are more hated.
1. Police
This one pass my power. I'll leave you all to talk about them.

NB: This list is just a result of my own observations, you can agree or disagree, let's have your own views, additions or subtractions.
I am a freelancer, you can send a PM or contact me on WhatsApp through 08050383540 for toy articles.

Re: Ten Most Hated Categories Of People In Lagos by x6blade(m): 8:48pm On Mar 25, 2017
register
Re: Ten Most Hated Categories Of People In Lagos by FvckShiT(m): 8:48pm On Mar 25, 2017
the fůcking Po-Po
Re: Ten Most Hated Categories Of People In Lagos by profhezekiah: 8:50pm On Mar 25, 2017
politicians are hated most with shady employment imagine neigbhourhood corp recruits were selected by political godfathers, U ll see govnor's lists,Tinubu's lists,house assembly members' list,commisioners' list,Obas' lists,LG chairmen' lists, Special Advicers' lists, party chairmen' lists,women leaders' lists,Imams' lists,govnor's family lists,pastors' lists etc. Lagos state employment is rubbish
Re: Ten Most Hated Categories Of People In Lagos by dheespectre: 8:50pm On Mar 25, 2017
G

1 Like

Re: Ten Most Hated Categories Of People In Lagos by youngest85(m): 8:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
And copy and paste people
Re: Ten Most Hated Categories Of People In Lagos by emamos: 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2017
Omo onile
Re: Ten Most Hated Categories Of People In Lagos by PatriotTemidayo: 9:26pm On Mar 25, 2017
Those road transport unions that collect "owoda" at every blink-distance are so annoying. Damn! Driving yourself is like heaven compared to using commercial, you'll wanna punch them in gut.

(1) (Reply)

Vice President Osinbajo Conferred With The Title "Jagaban Adamawa" (Pic) / Apga Is Dead And Cemented Immediately Ojukwu Died! / Buhari Is A Terrorist - A Song By A Nairalander Agbalanze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.