Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! (5192 Views)

My CGPA is giving me depression / Owolabi Habeebah Olayinka Graduates With A 7.0 CGPA From University Of Ibadan / Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Antell95(m): 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2017
Hi Ladies and Gent, I need advice concerning my performance in school, though its more like a general issue in that wicked COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF UYO. Even at that, some few student are coping while some are totally brutalized and frustrated, many have changed course while some dropped out.. As For Me i cannot quit, my weaknesses are the borrowed courses from Math and Statistics of which i had a poor foundation in Math and never did futher math in secondary school, GOD! Its Like Studying three different courses at once.

.Please I Need Your Kind Advice On What To Do, I am depressed and frustrated.

,N/B: I have 3 more years, its a five years course.

WHAT CAN I DO TO GRADUATE WITH 2ND CLASS LOWER (best case) OR 3RD CLASS(worst case)

1 Like

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Antell95(m): 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
Please Don't View and go, say something!
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Dyt(f): 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ultimate cycler still on?
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Antell95(m): 9:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
Dyt:
Yeah! pls dnt derail

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Antell95(m): 9:05pm On Mar 25, 2017
Seun, Lala / any Mod should please move this to frontpage
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2017
Computer science is more of maths/calculation... If you can't cope, i will advice you change department to geography or psychology... Or any other simpler program in your school... They might ask you to repeat a level, but it's better than graduating with low class of degree...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by matrixme(m): 9:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
Just keep on pushing. At the end of the day you will realize that truly the race is not to the swift. Life is all about determination.
You shouldn't go back and waste years starting afresh.
Just make sure you have a lot of practical experience in major programming languages and other area of your course. That is what matters.

3 Likes

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by ChukwuJuwon: 9:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
please withdraw and is it G.P or CGPA? if it GP buckle up for next semester and do d needful but if it CGPA I don't think you need any advise again the deed has been done go and learn handwork!!!!

9 Likes

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Fundamentalist: 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2017
Since you want want to graduate with a better grade I would advice u to change your department. Its more about what you can cope with, if you force yourself you might suffer psychologically

1 Like

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Antell95(m): 9:17pm On Mar 25, 2017
ChukwuJuwon:
please withdraw and is it G.P or CGPA? if it GP buckle up for next semester and do d needful but if it CGPA I don't think you need any advise again the deed has been done go and learn handwork!!!!
CGPA, can't withdraw, I Cant See the future but this will be d toughest task of my life

1 Like

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by modestofynest(m): 9:19pm On Mar 25, 2017
Lolzzzzzz guy u done enter one chance, that's the problem with most Nigerians we don't ask questions we just fill jamb form from house applying for engineering, medicine and the likes when ur reading and understanding level is low, u get luck u no dey my school by now u are out of the system, when I see people doing registration for freshers and when u interact with them they don't even know what they are going in for

2 Likes

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ah 1.14, to be candid that's to low, but we are not here to dwell on the already known problem.
Two borrowed courses are not enough to drain your GP like that, anyways, try and attend tutorials, no matter how hard a course is some people go still sabi am, if you're to shy to attend, then like, Google is your friend, download PDFs, download tutorial videos, and help your self

3 Likes

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by ChukwuJuwon: 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
Antell95:
CGPA, can't withdraw, I Cant See the future but this will be d toughest task of my life

I don't know how things work in your school but in my school anything less than 1.5CGPA you going home!!!! because it going to reflect o your profile online. just brace up and follow your dreams

my 2cent

2 Likes

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by zionmade(m): 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
Bro high cgpa in uniuyo is one of the easiest. Wen yr 2 engineering students submitted their cgpa to my office all i was seeing was 4.0 3.9, 3.8 and other very high cgpa.
In other words, no one is to be blamed for ur failure? I advice to go and write jamb again and dis time fix in a course u can handle

3 Likes

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Antell95(m): 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
Fundamentalist:
Since you want want to graduate with a better grade I would advice u to change your department. Its more about what you can cope with, if you force yourself you might suffer psychologically
OKAY, thank u but its hard to decide. Its funny seeing people that u were better than academically in high school doing so well in other field of study
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Antell95(m): 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2017
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Ah 1.14, to be candid that's to low, but we are not here to dwell on the already known problem.
Two borrowed courses are not enough to drain your GP like that, anyways, try and attend tutorials, no matter how hard a course is some people go still sabi am, if you're to shy to attend, then like, Google is your friend, download PDFs, download tutorial videos, and help your self
Not Just TWO borrowed courses, we borrow 4-5 courses each from math and stat department every semester coupled with my departmental courses

1 Like

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Antell95(m): 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
zionmade:
Bro high cgpa in uniuyo is one of the easiest. Wen yr 2 engineering students submitted their cgpa to my office all i was seeing was 4.0 3.9, 3.8 and other very high cgpa.
In other words, no one is to be blamed for ur failure? I advice to go and write jamb again and dis time fix in a course u can handle
So i still can't make it out with 2.2? I have 3 years left

1 Like

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by quinnboy: 9:38pm On Mar 25, 2017
guy!....university ain't like WAEC that you can easily go n rewrite your final papers to makeup for the ones you failed.... 5years of study no be beans my guy...if you can't cope ibeg change course before its too late. though your grade doesn't determine your success in life but please no go be like Dino Maleiye oh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Antell95(m): 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
matrixme:
Just keep on pushing. At the end of the day you will realize that truly the race is not to the swift. Life is all about determination.
You shouldn't go back and waste years starting afresh.
Just make sure you have a lot of practical experience in major programming languages and other area of your course. That is what matters.
Thanks, Someone Suggested i should be studying for 15hrs per day?

1 Like

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
Dyt:

Lol

Smh

1 Like

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Fundamentalist: 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2017
Antell95:
OKAY, thank u but its hard to decide. Its funny seeing people that u were better than academically in high school doing so well in other field of study

Such decisions are never easy, u just have to make it at some point in life. That's life for you

4 Likes

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by femmy123(m): 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
bro Change the course to any simple one but i dont think it will be possible to change to any other course after 100lvl.
Should i tell you the truth? no simple course again, you jus have to work hard and never give up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Antell95(m): 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
Fundamentalist:

Such decisions are never easy, u just have to make it at some point in life. That's life for you
Thank You! But if i have to, i'll study Food Engineering
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Antell95(m): 10:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
femmy123:
bro Change the course to any simple one but i dont think it will be possible to change to any other course after 100lvl.
Should i tell you the truth? no simple course again, you jus have to work hard and never give up.
Thank You, There are no simple courses but the level of challenges differs

1 Like

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Udodasco1(m): 10:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
I am here to say few things. pray read pray. Take everything about your education serious. Dedicate more time to study,especially those difficult courses. do this things in 4years time u will be happy u did. your success is not tied to grade and cert

2 Likes

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by oseka101(m): 10:44pm On Mar 25, 2017
Dude fight man.!!! fight you can enter 2.2 if u fight really hard and also pray very hard.

1 Like

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Tundepegba: 10:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
Antell95:

Why not just study harder. And really know ur course, learn programming extremely well etc. You might have to work twice as hard but thats d point. Studying to get a good cgpa doesnt guarantee a bright future. A 4.5 in psychology or sociology is almost as useless in most career paths anyway. Computer has prospects just develop urself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Mayorranking1(m): 10:56pm On Mar 25, 2017
What!

1 Like

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 25, 2017
me. 2 want to go for computer science i thought its just base on computer level but when heard that its full of maths and statistics ...i don't know maths nor further maths i have to change my mind to urban and regional planning

just work on your self try and sleep over it do you really think you can do it or you just love the name then after you must have thought about it then take the right step either to. get a tutorial mingle with people who have more grade get more test book. or. change of course. ......... remember sleep over it failing does not mean you loose. ....but get back up and prove to be strong

2 Likes

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by ChukwuJuwon: 11:15pm On Mar 25, 2017
Tundepegba:

Why not just study harder. And really know ur course, learn programming extremely well etc. You might have to work twice as hard but thats d point. Studying to get a good cgpa doesnt guarantee a bright future. A 4.5 in psychology or sociology is almost as useless in most career paths anyway. Computer has prospects just develop urself.

what are you saying make your findings very well don't come here and spill trash

2 Likes

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 25, 2017
ChukwuJuwon:

what are you saying make your findings very well don't come here and spill trash

funny
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by SilentBaker: 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
Guy just follow your mind. There must be that inner voice speaking in your heart. But wetin you dey do for school wey make your CGPA ugly reach this level in just 2 years?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) / Study Abroad Agency In Nigeria / Unad Cut-off Mark 4 Each Course Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.