Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai (8992 Views)

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / Cecilia Ibru Turns Evangelist, Relocates To Her Village / Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by AloyEmeka9: 11:22pm On Dec 22, 2009
Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai
Posted To The Web: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - NAN

Former Managing Director of Oceanic Bank Plc, Mrs. Cecilia Ibru, is to lose 28 properties in Dubai, the United Arab Emirate, to the anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over alleged financial impropriety.

P.M.NEWS learnt that the EFCC has uncovered the houses, though there was no confirmed report of when Mrs. Ibru acquired the properties.

A source close to the EFCC informed P.M.NEWS that the agency was able to trace the properties located at the Al Warsan region of Dubai, along the Dubai-Hatta Road, between Interchange 5 and 6 of Emirates Road, Opposite the Dubai Central Fruit and Vegetable Market.

The anti graft agency has vowed to mount surveillance on Mrs. Ibru who last Friday won a legal battle to travel abroad.

Ruling on a motion filed by Mrs. Ibru, the presiding judge, Mr. Justice Dan Abutu said the former Oceanic Bank boss could travel to the US for medical attention but she must return to the country and appear in court on 26 January, 2010.

Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, had in an interview with the influential Financial Times of London, accused Mrs. Ibru of contributing immensely to the problems of the bank.

Sanusi disclosed that Mrs. Ibru and members of her family cornered about 70 per cent of the total loans the bank granted to customers, before her removal from office.

He added that Mrs. Ibru and her family obtained loans from Oceanic Bank to purchase property in Lagos Island, Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Dubai.

“About 70 per cent of the loan in the bank is non accrual. At least, 70 per cent of that is somehow or other tied to the Chief Executive Officer or her family,” Sanusi said.

Sanusi said the EFCC was mandated to go after the properties and assets acquired by the former bank CEO, adding that the EFCC was cooperating with the CBN in locating the properties and assets which will be forfeited to the government.

Mrs. Ibru, 63, and four other banks chief executives were sacked by the CBN on 14 August, 2009 when the five banks failed the audit exercise conducted by the apex bank.

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=12039&z=12
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by Fhemmmy: 11:27pm On Dec 22, 2009
Can someone get us the value of the homes?
That woman is so greedy and selfish and it is not funny.
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by AloyEmeka9: 11:40pm On Dec 22, 2009
I don't know what she is doing with all those things when her family is super rich. Greed?
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by Kobojunkie: 11:45pm On Dec 22, 2009
OK!!! That's it. There is no way I can believe this is close to true. How can anyone own 28 houses in, of all places, Dubai? Na hut dem own?
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 22, 2009
If common ibru could have 28 houses in dubai,i wonder how many our thieving politicians/governors will have worldwide, S.T.U.P.I.D
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by mekusxxx: 11:52pm On Dec 22, 2009
Now it is getting clearer that 99% of Nigerian are crooks. To think that I trusted our ladies (fat and thin) to be different.
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by dominique(f): 11:59pm On Dec 22, 2009
28 houses shocked shocked shocked
that is just ridiculous.
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 23, 2009
Its like women are now rivaling men even in corruption.
patricia-ettehgate
iyabo obasanjo
adenike grange
cecilia ibru

just curious!
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by netotse(m): 12:09am On Dec 23, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Its like women are now rivaling men even in corruption.
patricia-ettehgate
iyabo obasanjo
adenike grange
cecilia ibru

just curious!

the beef with her wasn't that she stole the money, cos she didnt, it was that she let others steal!
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by tanimz(f): 12:09am On Dec 23, 2009
Nawa ohh!!! 28 houses ke?
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by 18platoon(m): 12:11am On Dec 23, 2009
@kobojunkie

wot are you saying, look this summer i saw one of the ibrus (a small boy) on edgware road london (arab street of london) displaying in a customised 6series BMW drop-top, i saw this wif my two eyes, and you're hear saying nay.
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 23, 2009
netotse
my bad but so who takes the responsibility for the crime?Was she not the minister of the ministry.Let me tell u forget these politicians.They STEAL the money while the civil servants tidy up the books.
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by netotse(m): 12:45am On Dec 23, 2009
~Bluetooth:

netotse
my bad but so who takes the responsibility for the crime?Was she not the minister of the ministry.Let me tell u forget these politicians.They STEAL the money while the civil servants tidy up the books.
no probs. . .she took responsibility as the boss. The gist funny o, cos after they shared the money, she returned what they gave her. . .lol, (i heard inside gist that time) FMOH staff were saying the only thing that she's guilty of is naivety!
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by puskin: 12:57am On Dec 23, 2009
28houses. WTF.
Corruption just entered a whole new level.
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by Kobojunkie: 12:58am On Dec 23, 2009
netotse:

no probs. . .she took responsibility as the boss. The gist funny o, cos after they shared the money, she returned what they gave her. . .lol, (i heard inside gist that time) FMOH staff were saying the only thing that she's guilty of is naivety!

Naivety in Nigeria? Come on!! She thought she could sit on the sides claiming innocence while corruption happened all around her. She was not naive, she tried to do what millions of Nigerians do, sit on the sidelines watching corruption happen around her while folding her hands pretending she is not part of the problem since she did not spend the money with em.
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by AloyEmeka9: 1:29am On Dec 23, 2009
netotse:

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by mamagee3(f): 1:33am On Dec 23, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by AloyEmeka9: 4:38am On Dec 23, 2009
puskin:

28houses. WTF.
Corruption just entered a whole new level.

The source of her wealth is not completely questionable like IBB them. She is an Ibru.
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by Kobojunkie: 4:40am On Dec 23, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

The source of her wealth is not completely questionable like IBB them. She is an Ibru.

Even the Waltons cannot boast of 28 houses, in of all places, Dubai!!! Source of that wealth IS Questionable abeg. I still do not believe that info is right on the number of houses. I mean we are not talking of 28 houses in Lagos but in Dubai.
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by Fhemmmy: 5:03am On Dec 23, 2009
Even though we are yet to know how valuable the information is, i think it is very possible to own such homes, each could worth from 300K to 1,000,000$ and with the kinda job that she used to do and the kinda connection she has access to, i am sure it is very possible, and like i once said, the woman had monopolized the business within the bank, in such a way that most of the supplies are by her damn families, that for anyone to be able to supply anything to the bank, they are either joking, or might have to go via her sources.
These are some of the reasons why i am glad she was caught and sent packing.
Na greed go kill all of them.
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by Singular: 5:03am On Dec 23, 2009
is it not PM News? ? A source said this. a source said that. which source??
Rubbish. I guess they have no more stories of 'man eats baby' or 'goat marries fish'.
PM News is bullcrap
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by whatalife: 6:17am On Dec 23, 2009
@Kobojunkie (f)

OK!!! That's it. There is no way I can believe this is close to true. How can anyone own 28 houses in, of all places, Dubai? Na hut dem own?

Have you heard of General jeremaih Useni who serve as FCt minister during General Abacha tenure,
Properties worth more than 70billion Naira was seized from him By General Abdulsalam Abubakar.That is real and yet the man is still superly rich.Nigerian leaders are the most wicked leaders on earth.
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by AloyEmeka9: 7:00am On Dec 23, 2009
whatalife:

@Kobojunkie (f)

Have you heard of General jeremaih Useni who serve as FCt minister during General Abacha tenure,
Properties worth more than 70billion Naira was seized from him By General Abdulsalam Abubakar.That is real and yet the man is still superly rich.Nigerian leaders are the most wicked leaders on earth.

Abacha's former national security adviser, Ismaila Gwarzo is richer than Benin Republic. His net estimated worth is $3BN.
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by Demdem(m): 7:33am On Dec 23, 2009
[quote author=Aloy.Emeka link=topic=370499.msg5169002#msg5169002 date=1261521634]
I don't know what she is doing with all those things when her family is super rich. Greed?
[quote][/quote]

My tots exactly,
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by Demdem(m): 7:40am On Dec 23, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I really think its true. some couple of years ago when i was still in OAU IFE, i attended a seminar in Oduduwa hall behind the amphi threatre on wealth creation and one of the speakers happened to be Jimoh Ibrahim (that NICON GUY). i knew he made mention of a kind of partnership between him, cecilia Ibru, Oceanic bank and a number of properties in Dubai. how i wish i was attentive that day, it could av been handy now. i was busy looking out for fine ladies grin grin grin
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by edoyad(m): 8:06am On Dec 23, 2009
Abeg spare me jare, 28 houses in dubai aint ish . Unless she defrauded Nigerians and used their money into purchasing those houses, 28 houses is so easy to own in Dubai. Do you think all the houses in Dubai are worth millions ? They're quarters for all strata of people who reside there so you don't have to be a millionaire to own one.
If many of these people can own private jets worth $40million then tell me how an equal sum of money can't get you 28 houses with change to spare ? The problem is that she was responsible to the people who trusted her with their money but she failed them, otherwise Ibru family have always been a wealthy family.
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by coolier(f): 8:17am On Dec 23, 2009
28houses! Abeg nah inside which one she dey live?
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by saintneo(m): 8:30am On Dec 23, 2009
Lack of creativity, Greed, etc
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by freezy(m): 9:29am On Dec 23, 2009
Singular:

is it not PM News? ? A source said this. a source said that. which source??
Rubbish. I guess they have no more stories of 'man eats baby' or 'goat marries fish'.
PM News is bullcrap

You just spoke my mind. PM News is crap. Believe them, believe anything.
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by otokx(m): 9:35am On Dec 23, 2009
How many houses in foreign countries have EFCC recovered?
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by yeswecan(m): 9:39am On Dec 23, 2009
Hmmmmm. . . . I can't believe this . . . This is obviously made up
Re: Cecilia Ibru To Lose 28 Houses In Dubai by nduchucks: 9:43am On Dec 23, 2009
yeswecan:

Hmmmmm. . . . I can't believe this . . . This is obviously made up

This is not made up, just google "ibru efcc dubai" and you'll see that the news is being reported by Punch, TheNation, and several other websites. Here's a link to one of them: http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/29793/1/EFCC-to--seize-Ibrus-28-properties-in-Dubai-/Page1.html

Remember that her supporters will tell you that she is yet to be convicted of any crime. Barawo banza.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson / Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon / Tinubu Arrives In Saudi Arabia After Visiting The Netherlands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.