Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,752 members, 7,827,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit (47549 Views)

FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans / 10 Reasons Why “danfos” Make Lagos A Dangerous Place To Commute / Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Country In The World By World Economic Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by 247frolic(m): 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
The United States department has ranked Nigeria as the fifth most dangerous place for Americans to visit.

The ranking comes as part of the State Department’s latest issue of advisories to keep Americans who travel abroad safe.

The rankings take into consideration what potential threats Americans may be faced with in countries they are visiting .

With data sourced from warnings and actual deaths recorded for Americans in other countries, Business Insider reported that “data from Priceonomics customer data.world, a platform that ties many different data sets together so it’s easy to analyze them” was used in analysing the rankings.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/03/nigeria-ranked-5th-most-dangerous-place.html

cc lalasticlala

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by dunkem21(m): 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
Chai cheesy .. I hope we no put hand for this people election ..

Imagine, putting us in the same class with Afghanistan and Syria angry

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Jaymaxxy(m): 2:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
AMERICA IS THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE FOR ANY BLACK MAN

370 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by madridguy(m): 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
Mtchew, who get America time.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by sarrki(m): 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
Only southwest is relatively peaceful

we caused it

I mean all of us

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by micktoxin(m): 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2017
The list was definitely influenced by misguided and biased views. However, with the religious crisis (mostly in the north) couple with the insecurities around the country, I am not surprised at this conclusion.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by successmatters(m): 2:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
They are right. Think of these scenarios

1. An American gentleman strolling on the streets of Port Harcourt only to be shot dead by stray bullets from soldiers chasing peaceful Biafran protesters.

2. An American trying to do a little farming around Benue state only to be killed by Fulani herdsmen who wants to forcefully graze their cattle on his crops.

3. An American migrant exploring the beauty of Ondo state and caught by the many ritualists who cut off his head, gorge his eyes and cut his privates thinking that the ritual will make them $$$ since na white man grin

163 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
Good development

sai America

teach them lessons

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Kakamorufu(m): 3:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
Russia didn't make the list . na wa

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Lucasbalo(m): 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
sarrki:

we caused it

I mean all of us
You are absolutely right . I do not venture out of Metropolitan Lagos when I visit Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by legislatively: 3:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
sarrki:

we caused it

I mean all of us
putting the recent happenings into consideration, southwest cannot be as peaceful as southeast, we have heard of various clashes between Hausa and Yoruba in Lagos, Ogun and osun. And there's more probability that a white man"s head can go in for rituals in southwest than in southeast.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by ZombieTERROR: 3:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
Kakamorufu:
Russia didn't make the list . na wa
Do Russians have Yoruba Muslims

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by ZombieTERROR: 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
sarrki:

we caused it

I mean all of us
Which south west?
The strong hold of the Yoruba Muslims
No way

35 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by alphonsojaybaz: 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
stop promoting racism ,dont conclude on what you dont know
SGTsmith001:
oh naija! what a shame of a country.

I knew it would come to this after Yoruba Muslims are now a a potential terrorist all over the world.

Yoruba Muslims.evil doers

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by ZombieTERROR: 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
Lucasbalo:
You are absolutely right . I do not venture out of Metropolitan Lagos when I visit Nigeria.
When you visit Nigeria from ajegunle abi

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Horus(m): 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
Data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) show that on an average day, 93 Americans are killed with guns.

On average there are nearly 12,000 gun homicides a year in the U.S.

38 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Emekamex(m): 3:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
America itself is a dangerous country to live in; all this self righteousness by Western countries is becoming nauseating.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Ngokafor(f): 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
...Nigerians and hypocrisy..,I can see some folks saying that US is not safe,yet if you go to American embassies in this country,one will see thousands of Nigerians paying through their noses to leave this country to America on a daily basis..Fasting,praying and giving testimonies in church when they succed

....We know the pains and anguish being expressed by Nigerians who are denied Visas or prevented from entering US..You guys should stop decieving yourselves please.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Emycord: 3:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
Where are the weapons trump promise buhari now when will they use to make nigeria safe again so that the make america great again can come here and invest again?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Lucasbalo(m): 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
ZombieTERROR:

When you visit Nigeria from ajegunle abi
You are right. Ajegunle of Chicago.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
Guess they actually mean the northern part of Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Negotiate: 4:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
Bad for business
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Soso990240(m): 4:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nairalanders typing trash like 'America is the most dangerous place for a black man' who told u dat they care about ur opinion obout them? they are simply advicing their citizen,na im some people carry am for head like fried plantain. Ok,America is not safe,yet i have neva seen a nigerian reject an american visa.. Instead,we de even spend double of the amount just to get it. Make i hear word abeg.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by NotNairalandi(m): 4:23pm On Mar 26, 2017

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by meskana212(m): 4:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dis one off me

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nairalander Visits Oguta Lake Confluence And Saw Amazing Ecological Wonder / Family Escapes Death As Steel Ring Falls Off Trailer & Crushed Car In Magboro / Driver Urinates On The Roadside, Causes Traffic At Ekoro Road In Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.