Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Seven Steps For Showing Your Worth On Your Résumé - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Seven Steps For Showing Your Worth On Your Résumé (960 Views)

This Résumé For Elon Musk Proves You Never, Ever Need To Use More Than One Page / 10 Things You Should Never Include In Your Résumé / 14 Best Terms To Use On Your Résumé/cv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Steps For Showing Your Worth On Your Résumé by elbeyah(f): 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2007
hey nairalanders i just wanted to share this article i read with y'all. hope you get something out of it.

Seven Steps for Showing Your Worth on Your Résumé

What Can You Do For Us? The Power of Accomplishments
By Arlene S. Hirsch, author of "Job Search and Career Checklists
"

From an employer's point of view, there is no greater predictor of success than past performance. To convince potential employers that you are the best candidate for the job, you must be able to clearly articulate and sell your accomplishments.

Step 1: Start by writing one-line statements about various aspects of your experiences (in school, at work and through community/professional activities). Use your résumé checklists to organize your thoughts.

Step 2: Convert each activity into an accomplishment statement. Accomplishment statements usually begin with an action verb, describe your activities and end with a statement of what you achieved.

Examples:
•  Reduced operating expenses by 25 percent by improving efficiency and decreasing expenses.
•  Selected new vendors for office services, resulting in improved customer service and satisfaction.
•  Generated $50,000 in new sales during first 12 months.
•  Created media relations campaign for healthcare provider, resulting in story placements in three major metropolitan newspapers.

Step 3: Make your list of accomplishment statements as comprehensive as possible. You can always make editorial changes later.

Step 4: After you have completed your list, edit the statements to use the most powerful verbiage and reflect tangible evidence of results.

Step 5: If you are using a chronological résumé format, make sure that you list each accomplishment directly beneath the company where you acquired it.

Step 6: If you are using a functional résumé, you will need to group related accomplishments together under functional headings (regardless of when and where you accomplished those results).

Step 7: Finally, review your accomplishment statements in the context of your specific job objective; then organize and present the statements in order of their relevance to the potential employer.
Re: Seven Steps For Showing Your Worth On Your Résumé by bisisexy(f): 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2007
my darlyn elbeyah,
thanks a lot pls can i send my cv to u?so u can show me instances or can u explain further
Re: Seven Steps For Showing Your Worth On Your Résumé by bisisexy(f): 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2007
my darlyn elbeyah,
thanks a lot i understand it now wink wink
Re: Seven Steps For Showing Your Worth On Your Résumé by primate1(m): 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2007
that is good

(1) (Reply)

Etb And Phb Tests / Manufacturing Vacancies / Help On Oceanic Bank Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.