Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos (42949 Views)

Police In Lagos Prevent Frustrated Man From Jumping Into The Lagoon (Photos) / Thief Rescued After Jumping Into A Lagoon While Escaping / Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by isoprano: 7:30am On Mar 27, 2017
Nigerian go 4low u do anythin: waka 4 Buhari dem go follow, ...its now jumping into lagoon. Well...psycho wahala?
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by GogetterMD(m): 7:31am On Mar 27, 2017
wawappl:
he should try again at night
You read my mind. People wey truly wan commit suicide no dey do so under watchful eyes
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Vioncy(f): 7:33am On Mar 27, 2017
y una rescue en tink say anybody go cry for ram angry
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 27, 2017
I can see through him...that gaze is piercing....he looks dejected and just ready to check out of this SAD and MISERABLE WORLD....God made all things beautiful only for we HUMANS to fvck it all up!!!!
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Johncuba(m): 7:36am On Mar 27, 2017
laribari:

I think the solution is simple. Anyone they catch like that, make them rush am and beat am well well. The victim will be shocked sef. You dey except people to rescue you but Na to beat the sucide comot fo their body. Na you get your life? Why take it when you didn't choose to come here by yoursef in the first place.

See the baba face sef, you go know sey the baba need help. Why him go stand near where police park and dey look the water? grin grin

If you wan really die, before dem know sef you don reach bottom. If this lagoon thing continue, very soon sef shark go dey stroll come lagoon on visit oo.

Come to think of it, if Na shark waters how many people go jump inside?

Just imagine sey this sucide people decide to die on the road and jump enter motor mouth and the car kill am; the owner or driver is in trouble oo. In fact dem go burn the innocent man car not knowing sey na sucide. Nobody will listen to you if you say the man jump enter road when him see your car dey come. #Alakoba!!

Abeg make dem kukuma dey go lagoon o!
Type something reasonable in English... Pls.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Exponental(m): 7:36am On Mar 27, 2017
This is not a new thing. People do it a lot. Dr Allwell just escalated it cos he did it openly with a witness. Economic situation is not only the reason. Many other reasons attached.
Won't FG be advised to fence the bridge so....lol (sarcasm)
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by MrMelody(m): 7:36am On Mar 27, 2017
it seems the force of gravity is now too much in that lagoon. Scientists should go check that lagoon please before I jump into it
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ellawify: 7:38am On Mar 27, 2017
anotherydz:
Are people doing this on purpose?
Or are they seeking attention?
Moreover, I don't know how people are rescued from suicide anybody wey one jump inside water go run enter the water instantly no be say e go dey wait for people to see am. undecided

God help we and dem!
lobatan
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by praisekeyzz(m): 7:39am On Mar 27, 2017
OK d best thing to do is let all lagosians gather at 3rdMB and jump into the lagoon...so we Will kuku know dat the end time has come. E sure for me say d water go contain evry lagosian
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 27, 2017
greatgod2012:
How did they know that he wanted to jump into the lagoon? Was he waiting for people to see him or how?
I think this is becoming a trend for people to manipulate other people into solving or finding solution to their problems!

Some people are just playing pranks jare!

This is what I have in mind too
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ceejay80s(m): 7:40am On Mar 27, 2017
onatisi:

Why don't they jump into the lagoon at night when no one will see them? Why always the daytime when they know someone will see them and stop them?

All na stunt, even if u want to jump in the lagoon at noon, no one will rescue u ,unless u make an announcement before trying to jump, even batman can't rescue u when u jump without announcing , he just needed peoples attention
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 27, 2017
I suspect a "Death Note" is at play here, abi Light don reach Nigeria
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by haykes(m): 7:42am On Mar 27, 2017
Nigerian and their copy copy mentality even we all knows that this country was so depressed so doctor have gave them another way of commiting suicide pls let lagoon be nah, thats how some fools began to trek for buhari and jonathan when one zombi gave them the platform, Nigerian can copy 4 africa they will copy and overthrow u
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by onatisi(m): 7:44am On Mar 27, 2017
ceejay80s:

All na stunt, even if u want to jump in the lagoon at noon, no one will rescue u ,unless u make an announcement before trying to jump, even batman can't rescue u when u jump without announcing , he just needed peoples attention
E be like say you don chop toilet this morning,
Who told you I want to jump into the lagoon?na u want push me abi

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Rebuke: 7:45am On Mar 27, 2017
Only God knows how many people have jumped into dat lagoon unnoticed.

But this man looks old n sick, why rush whn yhu are already close to going home? He shld be patient I beg.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by buchilino(m): 7:48am On Mar 27, 2017
modelmike7:
If all of una jump finish, how many of us go remain?!

MY BROTHER DAT LAGOON DON SUFFER.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Okuda(m): 7:49am On Mar 27, 2017
Na wetin dey vex me with nugerians be this.. they like to copy copy but not till the end.. how many seconds would it take him to jump and noone would be able to come to his rescue.. attention seeking mofos...
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Ngokafor(f): 7:49am On Mar 27, 2017
...As much as i know that the Nigerian environment is depressive and that more and more people are getting depressed daily..

..I also know that Nigerians are very manipulative....why is Lagoon now the only suicide route??one stroll under a moving trailer or car will do same undecided
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 7:49am On Mar 27, 2017
Trust nigerians to take everything to ridiculous levels.
It has now gone into attention seeking for problem-solving. They want to finish Fatai Owoseni's money.
No more largesse.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by sisisioge: 7:52am On Mar 27, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
wicked woman.... People are traumatized and depressed ... biggest problem? They are NOT being treated! No social welfare system, no safety nets ..no mortgage system...the system is designed to keep the masses downtrodden and in acute poverty...

Park well smartie, aren't we all in it together! Abi govt is giving you all those things privately ni? We all have problems, yes, we all respond to problems differently. However, can't we all just manage out problems without further constituting nuisance to our loved ones and the general public. Why aren't you and your people aiming to jump abi no be this country we all dey? Besides, anyone really serious about exiting will make for the door before he could be stopped just like Allwell did. May God help us all.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by AceDomino(m): 7:54am On Mar 27, 2017
Lagos lagoon is now a movie location for the Nollywood movies shootings

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Freethought(m): 7:55am On Mar 27, 2017
anotherydz:
Moreover, I don't know how people are rescued from suicide anybody wey one jump inside water go run enter the water instantly no be say e go dey wait for people to see am. undecided

God help we and dem!

Bros, I dnt knw d kind of god yu serve, but pls pray not to be depressed.. Only dose who has gone tru dat path will understand wat I'm saying...

Its obviously nt easy 2 drink alomo let alone comitin suicide. Wen tryin 2 take ur life, yu still have few minutes or seconds 2 reconsider if yur problems is wat dyin for...

The difference between those who jumped and dose wu were rescued is wat happens between that last minutes or seconds
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by platinumphotos: 7:57am On Mar 27, 2017
Anybody really serious about suicide should be it in his room nao. Or is the lagoon the only accredited suicide spot?
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by AstuteJay: 7:58am On Mar 27, 2017
Aufbauh:
There is nothing like the lagoon is angry and needed to be appeased. This assertion is fallacious and obnoxious.

For what we are seeing is a response from life that fails to discover it purpose and how to fulfill it.

It doesn't matter your status or worth, as long as you have no reason to live,abuse is inevitable.

People should learn to discover their purpose or essence of existence and live to fulfill it, for in this shall you derive joy and happiness.

Mr Motivational Speaker, una don come again.

The pressure people like you put on your listeners make them think and attempt the undoable. You ignore the law of nature/organic growth and pressurize your listeners to go and achieve in six months what would ordinarily take 10 years.

Your listeners go to any length to arrive since that is the only way they can get recognised and celebrated. The unfortunate ones get frustrated and resort to crime, some even attempt suicide.

Please keep your motivational speech and allow people live their lifes one day at a time.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by zabuur: 7:58am On Mar 27, 2017
anotherydz:

God help we and dem!

No mind them, there are several other ways of accomplishing their mission instead of making it public. They can sneak in d middle of d night to hug transformer, they can electrocute themselves in d corner of their rooms, drink sniper where no one will see them. Now some fools will say na govt dey cause am. See, na desperate measure. To seek attention so that people can help
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Viczeni123: 7:59am On Mar 27, 2017
Aufbauh:
There is nothing like the lagoon is angry and needed to be appeased. This assertion is fallacious and obnoxious.

For what we are seeing is a response from life that fails to discover it purpose and how to fulfill it.

It doesn't matter your status or worth, as long as you have no reason to live,abuse is inevitable.

People should learn to discover their purpose or essence of existence and live to fulfill it, for in this shall you derive joy and happiness.
Now, does it mean the Doctor has not discovered his purpose and essence of existence? It's jst unexplainable y dey get frustrated and decide to do dis. God help them
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Freethought(m): 8:00am On Mar 27, 2017
sisisioge:

Park well smartie, aren't we all in it together! Abi govt is giving you all those things privately ni? We all have problems, yes, we all respond to problems differently. However, can't we all just manage out problems without further constituting nuisance to our loved ones and the general public. Why aren't you and your people aiming to jump abi no be this country we all dey? Besides, anyone really serious about exiting will make for the door before he could be stopped just like Allwell did. May God help us all.

Well, bros, we all are in dis country 2geda, we suffer 2geda but we definitely don't suffer equally..

I'm very sure allwell dint go fr d death door immediately, he still had 2 think bfr jumpin even if its just fr few seconds. The only reason he wasn't stopped is because smtin of such hasn't happnd of recent and people dint probably take a young man walking across d bridge seriouly until he finally made his last seconds decision.

Well, just like yuv said... May God help us all!
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by iamkingzlee(m): 8:01am On Mar 27, 2017
anotherydz:

God help we and dem!
I just tire!
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Viczeni123: 8:03am On Mar 27, 2017
Jabioro:
The whole scenario after Allwell Orji issue, others that followed are like nollyhood script.. I won't appealed to anyone who wanted to take his or her life anymore. Just do that quietly in your room.. it is very easy and convenient to see baba God without you seeking or disturbing your surroundings.. if you want to die, die and see who will be blamed.. Yeye!
U WUUCKED O!
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ceaser: 8:05am On Mar 27, 2017
greatgod2012:

Me wicked?

Did you understand my point at all?
I'm not saying depression is not real neither am I denying that depressed people are not properly taken care of .....but........
Why were we not hearing about jumping into lagoon prior to that doctor's case? Why are people turning the unfortunate event into a trend?
Were there no depressed people before that doctor's case happened?
Are you saying that what that doctor did is now an eye opener for other depressed people?
Please, let's be realistic for once, this is Nigeria, many Nigerians are so manipulative and me and you know that!

Just after that doctor's case, we have see at least three other people attempting to jump into the lagoon, why after his case?

Should we call it abuse of suicide attempt or what?

Your observation is not out of place. There is a concept known as the Werther's effect which spawns from another term known as the "Copycat syndrome". It occurs when a trigger suicide that is well publicized in the media or local news induces others with suicidal ideation to follow the same MO as the original suicide leading to what is known as "Suicide clusters".

After all, there has been some other recent suicides before the doctor's case but with different Modus Operandi. But I knew that with the recession bitting hard on Nigerians, it is only a matter of time before we have others trying to use the third mainland bridge MO after Orji's publicized success (please pardon my use of that phrase).
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by tydi(m): 8:07am On Mar 27, 2017
hmmm , will I say some Nigerians have become mentally, emotional physiological, physiological sick.. cus of recession or what stop the sH|t that the damn river created by God to be angry who will give it the permission if to God.

Judas iscariot in the bible committed suicide because he sold Jesus, anyone that commits suicide he/her is an enemy of God

quote me and be FLAT-HEADED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

14-year-old Girl Raped By HIV Patient In Hospital In Port Harcourt (photos) / Babcock Student, Susan, Attempts Suicide Because Of Boyfriend, Jumps From Hostel / Wanted Murderer 'Ikanda' Finally Arrested 9 Months After Going Into Hiding. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.