Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV (3791 Views)

This SUV Is Selling @ 950k / Can You Do This With This SUV? / Help! My Toyota Camry 2007 Stolen At Gunpoint In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by worldman(m): 8:06am On Mar 27, 2017
Please if you know the owner of this SUV it's about to be sold I suspect it to be a stolen jeep the guy is in hurry to sale in pH

2 Likes

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by flyingdutchman(m): 8:09am On Mar 27, 2017
Why Dont you tip off the police?

4 Likes

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by worldman(m): 8:12am On Mar 27, 2017
Just afraid of police
Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by delishpot: 8:24am On Mar 27, 2017
flyingdutchman:
Why Dont you tip off the police?

You can help him tip off the police. He will provide you with the address of where the car is located. You call the police and they will contact their PH team.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by flyingdutchman(m): 8:39am On Mar 27, 2017
delishpot:

You can help him tip off the police. He will provide you with the address of where the car is located. You call the police and they will contact their PH team.
SMH
Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by adorablepepple(f): 8:44am On Mar 27, 2017
And you covered the plate number? Are we meant to identify it with the tire

33 Likes

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by delishpot: 8:45am On Mar 27, 2017
adorablepepple:

Maybe he has no direct access to the car and the number was covered by the people handling the sales. Who knows sha, OP answer this kwesion abeg
Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by delishpot: 8:46am On Mar 27, 2017
flyingdutchman:

SMH

Why na? You can't tip off the police as you expect the OP to do?

1 Like

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by flyingdutchman(m): 9:18am On Mar 27, 2017
delishpot:

Why na? You can't tip off the police as you expect the OP to do?
Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by worldman(m): 10:13am On Mar 27, 2017
I deal on cars one Chinedu called me that is friend wants to sale his SUV so I request for the pic,wen the guy that claims the ownership of the SUV brought the car I ask him some questions which he can not provide answer he was only after money that I should offer anything,I requested for the custom duty he could not provide this car was brought from lagos
Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by johnwizey: 11:00am On Mar 27, 2017
worldman:
I deal on cars one Chinedu called me that is friend wants to sale his SUV so I request for the pic,wen the guy that claims the ownership of the SUV brought the car I ask him some questions which he can not provide answer he was only after money that I should offer anything,I requested for the custom duty he could not provide this car was brought from lagos
We need to see the plate number nw
Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by otunbakolawole(m): 11:33am On Mar 27, 2017
why cover the number plates. if you suspect such, go to the police. Just blow the whistle very well

1 Like

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by CashVessel(m): 12:48pm On Mar 27, 2017
worldman:
Please if you know the owner of this SUV it's about to be sold I suspect it to be a stolen jeep the guy is in hurry to sale in pH

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by PhilAmadeus: 12:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
The poster above me has provided all what u need

3 Likes

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by seyigiggle: 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2017
this is one reason the mod should ban any dealer for hiding plate no of cars

7 Likes

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by slimmoney(m): 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
Contact d police
Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by emeijeh(m): 4:36pm On Mar 27, 2017
adorablepepple:
Epic! grin
Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by Mrtesso: 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
seyigiggle:

Are u Seriously suggesting that Will the license plates be covered upon inspection of the vehicle?

U should advocate for diligence during pre- purchase inspection of a vehicle. If you read and understood the posters narrative he became apprehensive when answers to pertinent questions either werent supplied or done so satisfactorily. He didn't say that his suspicion was roused by the license plates.

We should advocate for;

1)Pre-purchase Inspection (better even b4 negotiations)

2) Diligence and discretion during the inspection process.

3) Add yours...

NB: this is a public forum and it's humanly impossible to decipher the intentions of everyone who visits the forum. Anyone, could be viewing an advert with sinister intention. So it would not be reasonable in my opinion to publish identities of individuals (their license plates in this instance) without their consent so that their safety and that of family members isn't jeopardized.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by kingreign(m): 8:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
Mrtesso:

Are u Seriously suggesting that Will the license plates be covered upon inspection of the vehicle?

U should advocate for diligence during pre- purchase inspection of a vehicle. If you read and understood the posters narrative he became apprehensive when answers to pertinent questions either werent supplied or done so satisfactorily. He didn't say that his suspicion was roused by the license plates.

We should advocate for;

3) Add yours...

NB: this is a public forum and it's humanly impossible to decipher the intentions of everyone who visits the forum. Anyone, could be viewing an advert with sinister intention. So it would not be reasonable in my opinion to publish identities of individuals (their license plates in this instance) without their consent so that their safety and that of family members isn't jeopardized.
I believe if dealers don't have shady deals a number plate should be exposed to identify the car. Since number plate verification is possible online.
Besides, this helps would be buyers identify the car, do a pre-insection check in VIO/FRSC offices to get more info on the vehicle to prevent against unintentionally buying stolen vehicles.

When ever I wish to buy a car, I check these and also check the car physically and insists on seeing the direct owner one on one to make some inquiries before paying any cash.

1 Like

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by coolsegun2002: 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
Mrtesso:

We should advocate for;

3) Add yours...

Anything is possible in the world of crime..kindly indulge me if u have the time..

.I would like u to paint a possible scenario or if u have or heard of a real life experience of how selling a car online and not covering the plate numbers could possibly jeopardize the life of car owner...I don't have real statistic so permit me to commit a little fallacy: 90% of cars sold on nairaland and olx don't have their plates covered.

I'm actually on the "I don't care side" on this issue but sometimes I like to look at thing from possible existing angles...and one of those angles is the prospective buyer angle...before a buyer decides to leave his or her house for inspection . He Would really like to check for possible deal breakers before wasting any time and money taking the inspection trip.

1)recent picture of entire body ..interior and exterior..cos some I experienced a seller uploading old pictures of the car when I got there the present state of car was sort of different he lied the scratches and dents happened a couple of days ago.

2)plate number check this is a serious deal breaker and the actual reason I don't bother calling a seller with covered plates...I want to run a quick check on FRSC online data base if the car is registered to the right plate or not even registered at all as seen in some cases

3)recently buyers have added custom papers C-number page to the list of things they can quickly confirm online before making inspection trip...

If all these three conditions aren't available before buyers leave their homes for inspection(some buyers don't care anyway) .....it is easy for buyers to conclude sellers have something to hide which is a redflag even if there's nothing shady about the deal...number 2 , really the issue here anyways..thanks

1 Like

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by Mrtesso: 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
coolsegun2002:

Anything is possible in the world of crime..kindly indulge me if u have the time..

.I would like u to paint a possible scenario or if u have or heard of a real life experience of how selling a car online and not covering the plate numbers could possibly jeopardize the life of car owner...I don't have real statistic so permit me to commit a little fallacy: 90% of cars sold on nairaland and olx don't have their plates covered.

I'm actually on the "I don't care side" on this issue but sometimes I like to look at thing from possible existing angles...and one of those angles is the prospective buyer angle...before a buyer decides to leave his or her house for inspection . He Would really like to check for possible deal breakers before wasting any time and money taking the inspection trip.

1)recent picture of entire body ..interior and exterior..cos some I experienced a seller uploading old pictures of the car when I got there the present state of car was sort of different he lied the scratches and dents happened a couple of days ago.

2)plate number check this is a serious deal breaker and the actual reason I don't bother calling a seller with covered plates...I want to run a quick check on FRSC online data base if the car is registered to the right plate or not even registered at all as seen in some cases

3)recently buyers have added custom papers C-number page to the list of things they can quickly confirm online before making inspection trip...

If all these three conditions aren't available before buyers leave their homes for inspection(some buyers don't care anyway) .....it is easy for buyers to conclude sellers have something to hide which is a redflag even if there's nothing shady about the deal...number 2 , really the issue here anyways..thanks

Right...frankly I'd like to align with ur perspective. However I did mention DISCRETION. A discreet person with interest in an item for sale could show good faith with a call to request whatever details he so desires. That gives both buyer and seller ample opportunity to discern at least to an extent, eachs others intent and be circumspective. Thats a win-win.

Fact is, not everyone possesses an equal level of understanding. So it's unreasonable to compel everyone to understand and accept the reasons behind personal decisions. Without mincing words, If an individual feels a deal is shady, it's best to avoid it. It's not also a bad idea to place a call through to satisfy ur curiosity or confirm ur fears as the case may demand. Intrinsically that sharpens ur ability to discern and make judgment calls. wink

These are virtues we require to live day to day - car deal, phone deal, land deal, textile deal, whatever - free from as much strife as possible with our dignity and peace of mind in tact.

I'm not in anyway suggesting that every vehicle listing with concealed detail is genuine nor shady.

I'm sure u all agree that everyone has a right to privacy. I feel desperate times call for desperate measures. And I'll advocate that no ones privacy should be taken for granted under any circumstance.

1 Like

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by DjSwaga(m): 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
To be honest. Dis is a front page material.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by Mrtesso: 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2017
kingreign:

I believe if dealers don't have shady deals a number plate should be exposed to identify the car. Since number plate verification is possible online.
Besides, this helps would be buyers identify the car, do a pre-insection check in VIO/FRSC offices to get more info on the vehicle to prevent against unintentionally buying stolen vehicles.

When ever I wish to buy a car, I check these and also check the car physically and insists on seeing the direct owner one on one to make some inquiries before paying any cash.

Your highness, Im inclined to agree with you. However permit me to insist that these circumspective measures can be achieved more with understanding, discretion and discernment. Buyer is at liberty to Inquire further in private. None of us here would dispute the fact that even stolen or illegit Cars could be brazenly advertised and SOLD online or offline. So our discretion is needed anyway.

I no talk say make we no advertise car with the plate number oh, but wen e happen like dat make we try make extra effort verify if we like am. E no mean say dem tiff am or the owner na yam eater.
Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by kingreign(m): 6:35am On Mar 28, 2017
Mrtesso:

Your highness, Im inclined to agree with you. However permit me to insist that these circumspective measures can be achieved more with understanding, discretion and discernment. Buyer is at liberty to Inquire further in private. None of us here would dispute the fact that even stolen or illegit Cars could be brazenly advertised and SOLD online or offline. So our discretion is needed anyway.

I no talk say make we no advertise car with the plate number oh, but wen e happen like dat make we try make extra effort verify if we like am. E no mean say dem tiff am or the owner na yam eater.

@ bolded.
grin grin

But you have great points true.
Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by Houseofglam7(f): 7:15am On Mar 28, 2017
Lalasticlala,come and see o!
Snake fit dey inside this car o......
Just move d matter to front page make we find out together abeg grin
Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by Engobi(m): 7:22am On Mar 28, 2017
seyigiggle:
Supported,MOD shd take note
Pls we need to improve the standard of nairaland dealers forum
Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by omograndma(m): 7:44am On Mar 28, 2017
I hope nairaland won't end up like tradestable or olx..we keep asking moderators to add a check and balance system in place, I don't know If they read our comments not to talk of implenting. Imagine a user on this platform saying he works with customs and selling TOKS at ridiculous prices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Suspecting This SUV To Be A Stolen SUV by worldman(m): 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2017
No info yet, if any of you want to help inform the police this is my number 08036655964 let me give you the information you need to inform the police

(1) (Reply)

New Drone X Pro, The Best Pocket Drone Now In Nigeria (only N35,000) / Highlander 05 3row Limited Toks Sale@2.5m / 2004 TOYOTA 4RUNNER SR5/SPORT EDITION (SOLD SOLD SOLD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.