Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Ford Focus Transmission Expert Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Focus Transmission Expert Needed (1633 Views)

6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long / 2007 Lexus ES350 Transmission Expert Needed Urgently / Knowledgeable Honda Transmission Expert Needed For 96 Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Focus Transmission Expert Needed by seunpayne(m): 9:31am On Mar 27, 2017
Good morning. Please, while traveling yesterday, my tire burst. Couldn't lose one of the nuts so we couldn't change the tire. Had to tow it to the next town. After towing and fixing the tire, I realized the reverse gear wasn't engaging. I'm not sure what is causing this but I can't even drive it again because I can't reverse. After spending some time on google, I'm seeing that towing the car on the front wheels could damage the gearbox. It's all speculative though so I still need an expert to physically inspect it and help fix it. It's a Ford Focus 2002 automatic

Had to add this. I'm in abuja.

1 Like

Re: Ford Focus Transmission Expert Needed by dadaadec(m): 10:17am On Mar 27, 2017
Am also using a ford car. Never had issues with the transmission but am so sure my mechanic will fix the problem.

Have been using him since 2008 and he has fixed my Toyota Model F bus gear and my uncle's Nissan Xterra gear too

Am so sure he will fix it, or be of great help.

Lemme knw if u will need him.

1 Like

Re: Ford Focus Transmission Expert Needed by seunpayne(m): 10:26am On Mar 27, 2017
dadaadec:
Am also using a ford car. Never had issues with the transmission but am so sure my mechanic will fix the problem.

Have been using him since 2008 and he has fixed my Toyota Model F bus gear and my uncle's Nissan Xterra gear too

Abeg what's your location? A friend told me it's the selector that has an issue but that's not what google told me. I'm in abuja and I would appreciate any help I can get.
Re: Ford Focus Transmission Expert Needed by dadaadec(m): 10:27am On Mar 27, 2017
dadaadec:

He never changed d gear o. He fixed them and dey are working perfectly.

D Xterra was so sluggish then and d model F bus stops at gear 2.
Re: Ford Focus Transmission Expert Needed by seunpayne(m): 11:05am On Mar 27, 2017
dadaadec:

He never changed d gear o. He fixed them and dey are working perfectly.

D Xterra was so sluggish then and d model F bus stops at gear 2.

I also pray I don't have to change it. Just fix. Can I get his contact? Even if he isn't in abuja. He might be able to give professional advice
Re: Ford Focus Transmission Expert Needed by Kashif(m): 4:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
seunpayne:

I also pray I don't have to change it. Just fix. Can I get his contact? Even if he isn't in abuja. He might be able to give professional advice

I share in your optimism. Towing a vehicle on the driven wheels is not ideal.
Re: Ford Focus Transmission Expert Needed by MPVGoddess: 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
Very popular in Nigeria

BUT

Never tow a front wheel drive with the front wheels on the ground

AND

Never tow a rear wheel drive with the rear wheels on the ground

AND

If you have to tow an all wheel drive, get a flatbled truck

OTHERWISE

Sorry will be your new name!

CARE NOT WHAT THE TOW MAN SAYS

care how your pocket will feel when it gets a bit lighter!

Off with your money he goes (which is all he cares about), and you'll be left alone to nurse your bruises

2 Likes

Re: Ford Focus Transmission Expert Needed by dadaadec(m): 7:00am On Mar 28, 2017
seunpayne:

08038407885. Muyideen
Re: Ford Focus Transmission Expert Needed by ekehopp: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2017
seunpayne:
Good morning. Please, while traveling yesterday, my tire burst. Couldn't lose one of the nuts so we couldn't change the tire. Had to tow it to the next town. After towing and fixing the tire, I realized the reverse gear wasn't engaging. I'm not sure what is causing this but I can't even drive it again because I can't reverse. After spending some time on google, I'm seeing that towing the car on the front wheels could damage the gearbox. It's all speculative though so I still need an expert to physically inspect it and help fix it. It's a Ford Focus 2002 automatic

Had to add this. I'm in abuja.
I trust you've fixed this? Please help me with the contact of your Abuja Ford mechanic

(1) (Reply)

This Guy Deserves An Award For His James Bond Stunt With His Bmws / Sell Us Ur Distress Used Cars From Direct Owner / Why Can't I Learn How To Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.