Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,054 members, 7,863,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:11 AM

Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria (19836 Views)

The True Story Behind The Halt In Electricity Tarrif Hike / Nigeria Faces Worst Recession In 40 Years – World Bank / Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by osazsky(m): 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
chloride6:

Nah!! I'm just realistic. The Ghanians faced the same, now they are better for it.

The rates changed because of the exchange rate..
100% sure dat u are still in ur father's house
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by chloride6: 9:10pm On Mar 27, 2017
osazsky:
100% sure dat u are still in ur father's house

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by MOORCHMOORE(m): 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
noblestan:

An investigation by our reporter showed that the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) have already increased the tarrif for residential areas (R2s) from the previous N27.13/unit to N30.93/unit.
No mind those idiots, they think we Dont know what they did, the moment they remove so many writeup from the print copy, I knew they are up to mischief. Couple with the rate my credit sucks up.
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by Hydrolysis(m): 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
chloride6:

Nah!! I'm just realistic. The Ghanians faced the same, now they are better for it.

The rates changed because of the exchange rate..

Are you really a Nigerian
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by dikeigbo2(m): 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
Heartless government,
Heartless establishment......since Saturday till now ,lno single power in these areas of onitsha,...odonjisi,otakpo and seaview,all in 3~3 Onitsha....why is there so much wayo and jibiti with phcn or nepa.......God abeg remove and destroy every goliath that stand against your people not to enjoy light we paid for..... less than 12hours a week...

No pre paid meters
Only on estimated billings
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by chloride6: 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hydrolysis:

Are you really a Nigerian

Yes i am, and i buy 700 naira fuel everyday in my small gen.

i would rather have constant electricity at 31 naira than pay 700 naira per day.

Anyone who thinks this country will develop without pains should have a re-think.
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by engineerboat(m): 9:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
Am waiting for the bill PHCN will bring this month. No light for the month.
They refused to sell prepaid meter
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by solarview(m): 9:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
Off grid Solar power system is the way forward
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by sshalom(m): 9:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
Any subtle increase without proper information and awareness should be resisted. Shikena!
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by ogundeleai(m): 9:40pm On Mar 27, 2017
chloride6:
Please let them increase it. We have to face reality, if the sector is not economically viable, we cant decent electricity.

Electricity is not viable at less than 11cents per kW hour.

I beg Nigerians to accept this hike.

And you fail to dwell on the fact that average Americans where cent originated from won't accept estimated billing at the expense of provision of pre paid metres.... Not to talk of collecting money for the same meter and fail to provide them..... No one is afraid of energy charge increases but I should be able to control my usage and the only way to do such is solely provision of meters and not discretionary billing

2 Likes

Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by bath(m): 9:43pm On Mar 27, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
I don't pay them again. I just give them 1k every month as bribe
Badoo. Bad guy.
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by lakes99: 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
Make dem kuku kill us
Abi
Lol
u can relocate to central city/earth 2 (gorilla city)
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by yommen: 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
RosaConsidine:
Of course, all the Discos would be reluctant to supply prepaid meters because they know that their estimated billing system is a huge fraud. My dad has been trying to get prepaid meters for all the flats in his building in Lagos but the EKEDC guys keep giving aimless excuse after aimless excuse do they can continue sending people bills of over 50-100k per month. And we think it's only the public sector that's corrupt. Even the "footsoldiers" that come with ladder to cut light don't want you to get prepaid meters cause they they know the bribes they would get from when they come disconnect would be gone.

E be like say you no know say na the bribe for prepaid meter bypass sure pass! Unna go come nairaland start throway baldadash. What percentage of PPM do you think is not on by-pass in Nigeria?
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by makavele: 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2017
somebody help pls

if i paid 1000 naira and got 187.5 kWH on my meter . .

how much was i charged per kW?
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by easyzworld: 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
chloride6:
Please let them increase it. We have to face reality, if the sector is not economically viable, we cant have decent electricity.

No now you can't compare Nigeria with the western world now. You must take basic salary into consideration and that's if you have a job and moreover we don't see light but we always see bills at the end of every month.
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by just4Christ(m): 10:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
chloride6:
Please let them increase it. We have to face reality, if the sector is not economically viable, we cant have decent electricity.

are you really saying this. you tink the industry is not viable...dont be deceived this is one of the most viable sector in the Nigeria economy aside from oil. if not the case why the fight during privatization. this people are milking us in this country...and the poor masses will always be at d receiving end. imagine, if this sector is a priority for this government why use a lawyer and a SAN as the ministrial head...what does he know about wiring, electrical components, mega watt generation and the rest. Does it mean we dont have competent hands...i recall the den minister during Jonathan first stunt...Prof Barth Nnaji. this man recorded some improvement, if not for the cabal that pushed him out...we may possibly have gone further than where we are today. seriously speaking, the crop of leaders we have now are just interested in their pockets...they are too self centered to help this country.
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by Originalsly: 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
The same people that were shouting privatisation are now bawling!.... private companies are about profits.... they are not charity organisations....nor concerned about your situation.
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by chloride6: 10:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
ogundeleai:

And you fail to dwell on the fact that average Americans where cent originated from won't accept estimated billing at the expense of provision of pre paid metres.... Not to talk of collecting money for the same meter and fail to provide them..... No one is afraid of energy charge increases but I should be able to control my usage and the only way to do such is solely provision of meters and not discretionary billing

You are very correct sir, however two wrongs don't make a right. The total eradication of post paid billing and estimation is a right step no doubt however the raising of rates is a right step in the right direction too. So if we do this, we have at least moved in one correct step, abi?
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by Franchise21(m): 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
Geesarki:
That's only in Enugu. Igbo's are famous in extortion. In Kaduna, it is still N24/kw. I just bought mine and we have 20 to 22 hours light every day.
Stop generalizing.
LIAR
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by Franchise21(m): 10:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
jossy4joseph:
BEDC has since increased their own. You can't even recharge your prepared meter for 1k again it is now 2k upward
Which Business Unit or bank do u purchase from?
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by Franchise21(m): 10:37pm On Mar 27, 2017
timilehing:
BEDC charges N34+kobo per unit for prepaid since January
That's for 3-face Residential meters. Single-face Residential meters are charged at N31.27 per kwh
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2017
Geesarki:
That's only in Enugu. Igbo's are famous in extortion. In Kaduna, it is still N24/kw. I just bought mine and we have 20 to 22 hours light every day.
Stop generalizing.
The body of the article stress on Enugu Electricity disco
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by chloride6: 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2017
just4Christ:

are you really saying this. you tink the industry is not viable...dont be deceived this is one of the most viable sector in the Nigeria economy aside from oil. if not the case why the fight during privatization. this people are milking us in this country...and the poor masses will always be at d receiving end. imagine, if this sector is a priority for this government why use a lawyer and a SAN as the ministrial head...what does he know about wiring, electrical components, mega watt generation and the rest. Does it mean we dont have competent hands...i recall the den minister during Jonathan first stunt...Prof Barth Nnaji. this man recorded some improvement, if not for the cabal that pushed him out...we may possibly have gone further than where we are today. seriously speaking, the crop of leaders we have now are just interested in their pockets...they are too self centered to help this country.

Yes sir , the industry is not viable at such low rates. The fight during privatization was due to the fact that electricity distribution is a one of a kind business. You cant just wake up and go set up a disco. Furthermore, the electricity distribution business is like the oil refining business, it doesnt bring so much money but you are guaranteed profit. Imagine if someone wanted to sell you a business where you dont make so much profit, however there is always demand guaranteed. What a wonderful business model! Secondly, nothing is wrong with a lawyer being head of the power team. What many people fail to realize is that at that level of decision making, it is managerial skills and not technical skills that come to play. He doesn't need to know about electricity or wiring. Those are for the engineers. The business of electricity is firstly a business and the principles of management come to play irrespective of what sector. Things that are most important at that level are finance decisions, investment decision etc. For instance a lot of tech businesses are headed by persons of non-technical educational background, but with extensive management experience.

1 Like

Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by chloride6: 10:43pm On Mar 27, 2017
easyzworld:
No now you can't compare Nigeria with the western world now. You must take basic salary into consideration and that's if you have a job and moreover we don't see light but we always see bills at the end of every month.

if they bring bill with no light, dont pay!!

undecided
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by ayindejimmy(m): 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
Am I the only one not seeing the supposed image of the electricity bill attached?!

*wiping my eyes with petrol while lighting a match to see clearly *
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by madapcmod: 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
Geesarki:
Stop generalizing.

Hausa goat
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by Stevengold(m): 11:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
The best thing na to save install solar systems for house o
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by Splashme: 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
The day that ani mal entered power, i knew naijas don die....
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by Kingbusssy(m): 11:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
anotherydz:
What about people bypassing the prepaid meter? Mtxhew
Is that a question angry angry angry
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by willyo(m): 11:42pm On Mar 27, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
I don't pay them again. I just give them 1k every month as bribe

I dey vex since but u just make me wan laff fall... LOL
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by Man2utd(m): 12:08am On Mar 28, 2017
Dollar go down, electricity bill go up ..
Re: Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria by miccoy(m): 12:44am On Mar 28, 2017
petkoffdrake2:
Here in my place, the phcn officials came to reset our metre card to move very fast! If within 6months we'll consume a 5k card, now its within 2months... So pathetically annoying. But we don't av light here at all though... Tomorrow is our off day(black out) its turn by turn in my area... We're really suffering here... Heat unbearable and no light. Last two yrs we beg phcn to take light sef but since last yr it has been DIRECTLY the opposite.

Anambra, Onitsha Awada Oriefite

Prepaid meter no get tariff adjustment button. They can only change the tariff from the vending point.

Dem no they adjust prepaid meters to consume fast. Check your load and see, also, if there is contact or anyone tapping your connection.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano / Bukola Saraki At Paul Arkwright's Home To Mark Queen Elizabeth's Birthday / APC Can’t Win Kogi With Bello As Candidate, Party Stakeholders Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.