Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding (46517 Views)

Olujonwo, Obasanjo's Son Embracing His Father After Declaring Support For Buhari / Shirtless Olusegun Obasanjo Playing Squash With His Son, Olujonwo / Olujonwo Obasanjo And Tolulope Adebutu's White Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by ayod426: 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2017
Obasanjo’s Wife Files Suit In Lagos Court To Stop Son’s Wedding

Mrs Taiwo Obasanjo, wife of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, on Monday filed a suit at an Ikeja High Court, seeking to stop the wedding of her son, Olujonwo Obasanjo, scheduled for May 11.

Ex-President Obasanjo and the father of the bride, Sir Kessington Adebutu, promoter of Premier Lotto known as “Baba Ijebu” are respondents to the suit.

Mrs Obasanjo, who is the twin sister of Chief Kenny Martins, the former Coordinator of the Police Equipment Fund, is seeking a postponement of the wedding of her son, Olujonwo to Tope Adebutu scheduled for May 11 and May 12.

She wants the wedding to be fixed for a date after June 1.
NAN reports that Olujonwo and Tope had an elaborate introduction on Dec. 17, 2016 with the social media awash with photographs of the event.

Obasanjo, among others, is seeking a court declaration that as the mother of the groom, she had the rights to take part in the deliberations, decisions and activities leading to the forthcoming ceremony.

According to her, wedding invitations have been sent out and she has been excluded from the preparations for the ceremonies.

She said she also received prophesies and warnings from men of God to the effect that Olujonwo, her son who turns 34 on June 1, should not do or be involved in any elaborate celebration before his birthday.

The woman wants the court to compel Adebutu and Obasanjo to shift the wedding to a date after June 1 after she had appealed to Adebutu and Mrs Rosemary Dacosta, the mother of the bride, Tope Adebutu, the bride-to-be as well as Chief Kenny Martins.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Justice Lateefa Okunnu has fixed April 10 for hearing of the suit no. ID/262FPM/2017.

https://guardian.ng/news/obasanjos-wife-files-suit-in-lagos-court-to-stop-sons-wedding/amp

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by jbhill(m): 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
I DEDICATE THIS FTC TO ME.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by triplewisdom: 5:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
Owambe matter.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by ozoebuka1(m): 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
Just imagineundecided see as person dey carry another person matter for head.

Yes, she's the mother, but that does not give her any right to do such!!! in fact, I recommend Mrs obasanjo's finger to be bitten off just as the other yoruba mother in-law was cannibalized for "coming to carry load wey nobody send am" grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by NCANChairman(m): 5:32pm On Mar 27, 2017
Over educated people using their educational skills to stop their child's wedding with a court suit.

Why? Because they were not carried along and they felt slighted because they are very educated.

NcanSecretary please process.

NCANCHAIRMAN

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
Me ayam not understanding o...

Does she plan to marry her son?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by owobokiri(m): 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
Very disjointed family... And you wonder why Nigeria is like this. If a man that ran his family ground in this way ruled this country for over ten solid years, why wont he run this country down too? Under a normal clime, Obasanjo wouldn't even be allowed as a security man in the presidential villa..

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by modelsms10: 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2017
Why rush the wedding?
why cant they hear her?
pls check below

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by gentlechyke(m): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
Ok. Baba and his wifes. Madam don't worry, your son will involve you when he goes for second wife..he surely will take after his father. Blood is thicker than wine. Btw the dude no try. Abi na powdered brezzmilk e shuck

3 Likes

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by deedondavi(m): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
uhhm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by Talk2Bella(f): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
shocked unbelievable

she kinda looks like OBJ tho

I feel her pain jare

how will your son be getting married and you're excluded from the planning committee not fair na

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by ruggedtimi(m): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
Lol..the woman rugged. Lets see how it goes.

3 Likes

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by ruggedtimi(m): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
.w

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by auntysimbiat(f): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
WATCH: OBASANJO NO GET TIME ABEG ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTqDkDGKwuo

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by chukkystar(m): 10:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
D way I like my Mama eh, our matter no fit ever reach court.. I'll just let her win

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by obembet(f): 10:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
I will read it later
Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by paskyboy: 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
OBSANJO NEEDS SUCH WARNING AND PROPHECIES MORE, HE IS GETTING OLD AND NEEDS GOD NOW. A MAN THAT SINGLE HANDEDLY ROB THE NATION OF FARM AND LIBRARY. MEHN THE DUDE GET MORALE GANNNNNNN.
Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by babyfaceafrica: 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nice one from a caring nim

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by Tenim47(m): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
she jst look like obj.
Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by Sultty(m): 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
All because u dey fear u wan make we no chop jollof

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by Nofuckgiven: 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
Abeg how many wives OBJ get? I hear say he also fvck him pikin wife undecided
Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by maigida511(m): 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
If at all this is d only reason she went to court,then she messed up big time.. Smh
Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
Son of this and that, related to this and that. The matter hit FP as if the rice customs siezed from that guy would be shared for free amongst us.

Untop say pastor talk say make dem do alabode, ori e o fe ariwo. I think say na only poor ppl dey use that format.

3 Likes

Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by aalangel(f): 10:32pm On Mar 27, 2017
What nonsense is this?
Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by beyooooni1(m): 10:32pm On Mar 27, 2017
small issue you can settle within the family, u dey go court, seems she get excess money to hire lawyers....kontinu
Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by mccoy47(m): 10:32pm On Mar 27, 2017
She said she also received prophesies and warnings from men of God to the effect that Olujonwo, her son who turns 34 on June 1, should not do or be involved in any elaborate celebration before his birthday

Mtchewww
I just knew it! Foolish woman!
Re: Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding by uscofield: 10:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
With or without her, the wedding must go on.
Why involve court in my wedding?
Does t mean I don't have a say in my own wedding?

I dey suspect the woman ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election / Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu / Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.