Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme (13691 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: BBC UNCOVERS MASSIVE VOTE BUYING IN BOKO-HARAM HELD REGIONS / Saraki Alleges Massive Fraud In The Oil Sector / FG Uncovers Massive Land Fraud In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 28, 2017
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by ConqueredWest: 9:05am On Mar 28, 2017
When will this Afonja woman understand that YouWin created jobs for lots of people. angry
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by Nwachukwu1986(m): 9:05am On Mar 28, 2017
Lucy001:

lol grin with ur airtime na, bros na just 30 naira na pls
. send me 100 naira mtn to vote for her
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by Lucy001(f): 9:07am On Mar 28, 2017
Nwachukwu1986:
. send me 100 naira mtn to vote for her

ur number?
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 28, 2017
This is quite an interesting find.
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by Dee60: 9:16am On Mar 28, 2017
Fraud everywhere. Where is the change?
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by enigma2007(m): 9:17am On Mar 28, 2017
PapaBrowne:
The lies in this government are just nauseating.

YOUWIN was and remains the only program run in Nigeria in recent years that was devoid of Nepotism.

I know a number of people that won and they did so only with very sound business plans. I wrote business plans for a few people and they won without knowing anyone in Abuja.

The other lie is that it favored people from a particular region. This program was region based with a maximum cap per region. The names of the winners are online with their states of origin.

There is a thread on nairaland for YOUWIN winners and you can verify from the discussions whether there was any sense of nepotism.
This was an internationally acclaimed program that had the input of the DFID & Worldbank.

The main reason this government is failing and would continue failing is because it was founded on lies upon lies.

So in order words, you have more information than the person that is in charge of auditing Govt's expenses? Or you have independently verify that all the participants posted online are genuine and have the required criteria for accessing the programme or loan?

So based on the few people (possibly <10 people) that you wrote business plans for, you concluded that others in the programme got there by merit?

Nigerian youths...smh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by eleko1: 9:17am On Mar 28, 2017
sad useless probe.They don chop clean mouth. what else dey wan probe?
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by StarPlayer: 9:17am On Mar 28, 2017
Lucy001:

Are you related to tboss? just asking
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by burkingx(f): 9:18am On Mar 28, 2017
Lucy001:
grin

The rate of corruption during the last funding of youwin program should be looked into by dis present govt, no stone should be left untouched.

Kindly Sms TBoss to 32052 via your mobile phones and vote for her, she needs ur votes.

Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 28, 2017
every good scheme in Nigeria always ends up been invaded by corrupt element.
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by burkingx(f): 9:31am On Mar 28, 2017
tribalistseun:
N-POWER nko that is frustrating people like madness
....... grin grin grin.... But angry

Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by Snowstorm: 9:31am On Mar 28, 2017
Every program in Nigeria contains fraud in Nigeria.
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by midastouch: 9:31am On Mar 28, 2017
PapaBrowne:

YOUWIN was and remains the only program run in Nigeria in recent years that was devoid of Nepotism.

I know a number of people that won and they did so only with very sound business plans. I wrote business plans for a few people and they won without knowing anyone in Abuja.

The other lie is that it favored people from a particular region. This program was region based with a maximum cap per region. The names of the winners are online with their states of origin.

There is a thread on nairaland for YOUWIN winners and you can verify from the discussions whether there was any sense of nepotism.
This was an internationally acclaimed program that had the input of the DFID & Worldbank.

The main reason this government is failing and would continue failing is because it was founded on lies upon lies.

It is really important to trumpet facts as they stand. Personally, I know 2 people, not related to me that started their businesses with YouWin funds. They DO not know anybody and DID NOT lobby anybody for the grant. YouWin grants was also balanced on geopolitical basis.

YouWin programme was the first time in a VERY LONG time that I have witnessed a Nigerian government project executed on the basis of merit.

3 Likes

Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by Nwachukwu1986(m): 9:31am On Mar 28, 2017
Lucy001:

ur number?
for security reasons send me ur email make I send am come
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by Firefire(m): 9:32am On Mar 28, 2017
Goodluck Jonathan and his administration is too corrupt.

All hail St. Buhary's sainthood administration.
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 28, 2017
Lucy001:

nd u don't hnw 30 naira can giv a sachet pure water nd biscuits to d boy next door
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by joinnow: 9:34am On Mar 28, 2017
Youwin Wewin Theywin
NigeriaWin
Always using every opportunity to chop
Workchop

Abeg EFCC your attention is needed at Wewin
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by PapaBrowne(m): 9:35am On Mar 28, 2017
enigma2007:

So in order words, you have more information than the person that is in charge of auditing Govt's expenses? Or you have independently verify that all the participants posted online are genuine and have the required criteria for accessing the programme or loan?

So based on the few people (possibly <10 people) that you wrote business plans for, you concluded that others in the programme got there by merit?

Nigerian youths...smh!

Dude, there is a YOUWIN thread here on Nairaland. That program was tightly scrutinized by the DFID. Every winner was verified multiple times. You had to defend your business plan before a panel. You were assigned a mentor and a monitor who constantly visited your location to both ensure you are following track with your business plan and you are not using the money wrongly. The money was released in tranches based on our performance on the first tranche.

The lies of this government is a disease. And its so annoying how these lies are just perpetrated for politial purposes at the expense of Nigeria's growth and development.

Why cant they release the names of those government officials involved?
If you claim there was nepotism, why haven't any officials been given suspension letters?

That's how the minister of finance has been claiming to have busted 50,000 ghost workers and saved 200 billion in expenses, yet if you look at 2016 vs 2017 budget, you'd realize there is an increase in the salary bill by almost 300 billion without any new employments or salary increases. The lies are just too much.

4 Likes

Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by MPSA(m): 9:35am On Mar 28, 2017
KINGwax007:
Massive corruption in GEJ's program, and that sounds like a news?

I like that child, she is so innocent grin
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 28, 2017
PDP would have finished this country. God bless PMB.
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by CoolKizzy(m): 9:51am On Mar 28, 2017
this is a piece of propaganda, I'm a youwin awardee, if a husband and a wife, two separate individuals meets the stated standards for grant and economic development. ... there is no rule that disqualifies any of them...

I don't see any fraud here... ministry of finance scrapped the best government initiative ever and are looking for excuses to cover it up. Nigeria shall be great again someday... sadly not today.

3 Likes

Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by tonio2wo: 9:59am On Mar 28, 2017
they want to use this to cover the fact that Npower has failed!
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by agabaI23(m): 10:19am On Mar 28, 2017
This government just tire me. So because people laughed at you for picking up GEJ's programme you termed ineffective you have decided manufacture stories about it so that it will justify your propaganda?
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by signz: 10:22am On Mar 28, 2017
Kemi Adeosun just trying to find a way to claim that her own YOUWIN is better than NOI's YOUWIN.

Mine is better yours kinda game.

Issorai

We understand grin
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by enigma2007(m): 10:29am On Mar 28, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Dude, there is a YOUWIN thread here on Nairaland. That program was tightly scrutinized by the DFID. Every winner was verified multiple times. You had to defend your business plan before a panel. You were assigned a mentor and a monitor who constantly visited your location to both ensure you are following track with your business plan and you are not using the money wrongly. The money was released in tranches based on our performance on the first tranche.

The lies of this government is a disease. And its so annoying how these lies are just perpetrated for politial purposes at the expense of Nigeria's growth and development.

Why cant they release the names of those government officials involved?
If you claim there was nepotism, why haven't any officials been given suspension letters?

That's how the minister of finance has been claiming to have busted 50,000 ghost workers and saved 200 billion in expenses, yet if you look at 2016 vs 2017 budget, you'd realize there is an increase in the salary bill by almost 300 billion without any new employments or salary increases. The lies are just too much.

I understand your perspectives. However, fraud can still be perpetrated if there is a will or motivation to do so.. considering that DFID will only work with the data given to them by the same Nigerian govt officials. I have seen organisations hoodwinking reputable audit firms (that is why some of them request direct access to your Financial systems) based on the data they provided.

In Nigeria, any form of fraud or nepotism is possible and a certainty.

I support naming and shaming the officials involved if it will not impede the ongoing investigation(s). I also believed they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by giles14(m): 10:39am On Mar 28, 2017
dre11:

http://punchng.com/probe-uncovers-massive-fraud-in-youwin-programme/

this useless government is still masturbating on the last administration went their Npower is the greatest scam.
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by dignity33: 11:32am On Mar 28, 2017
You claim that Youwin was base on Who know who, can you swear with Your God that many people working under that your ministry was not because you know them?
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by Austin234(m): 11:42am On Mar 28, 2017
The fact remains that cannot rule out Nepotism and corruption in this kind of program. Ur business write up for some some successful YouWin pips is another face of corruption in a guise.

Being afraid of probe shows guilty conscience. There is nothing wrong when u are asked to be accountable of ur stewardship. We should take that to our heart. DFID approval of YouWin does not make it devoid of corruption

PapaBrowne:

Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by PapaBrowne(m): 11:54am On Mar 28, 2017
Austin234:
The fact remains that cannot rule out Nepotism and corruption in this kind of program. Ur business write up for some some successful YouWin pips is another face of corruption in a guise.

Being afraid of probe shows guilty conscience. There is nothing wrong when u are asked to be accountable of ur stewardship. We should take that to our heart. DFID approval of YouWin does not make it devoid of corruption

All this kind of responses without logic just beats me!!
A probe has been carried out according to the report and the probe claims there was massive corruption. In the end, it talked about nepotism.

Now, why would you discover corruption and the people that partook in the act are still sitting pretty in their offices??

Helping someone with a business plan is corruption?? That's illiteracy on your part!! Business plans are not exams ok?

I'm tired of all these lies period! They are built for gullible Nigerians like you to cover up for the failures of this administration.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San / PDP Drags Buhari To Court Over Anti-Ballot Box Snatching Rhetoric / All Herdsmen In Ebonyi To Carry Identity Cards - Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.