Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,378 members, 7,954,531 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:28 PM

Ogun Gets New Godfather - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Gets New Godfather (3097 Views)

Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) / FG Approves 9 New Private Varsities (ogun Gets 4) / Ogun Gets Ultimatum Over Sacked Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Gets New Godfather by mekusxxx: 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2009
2011 is hotting up in the Sango (Ogun) state, with the emergence of a befitting godfather Buruji Kashamu

Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by chosen04(f): 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2009
So where do we go from here?
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by jona2: 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by mekusxxx: 7:02pm On Dec 23, 2009
Ogun 2011: The Brickbats Continue

Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment

As the 2011 general election draws nearer, rival political groups within the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ogun State still bicker over the control of party machinery in the state. However, the situation is taking a new dimension as gladiators now trade brickbats in a bid to win the soul of the party ahead of 2011. Olawale Olaleye writes on the intrigues and the controversy, with additional report from Jaiyeola Andrews

The battle for the control of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ogun State has made Ogun State to be on top of the news for some times now. The political scheming involving a group loyal to the state governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel and another group led by a leader of the party, Senator Jubril Martins Kuye. Both groups which have drawn a battle line ahead of the 2011 general election are also locked in a battle for the control of the soul of the party in the state.

The governor’s group had accused the Martins-Kuye group of activities aiming at undermining Daniel’s government through its alleged anti-government activities. However, the other group alleged the governor of high handedness and attempt to monopolise both the control of government and the party machinery in the state
Although, the lingering intra party crisis has caught the attention of the national leadership of the party that set up reconciliation team to settle the dispute but the problem in Ogun chapter of the party is yet to subside.

However, the battle for the control of PDP in the state has thrown up a new group known as “Egbe Omo Ilu” led by Prince Buruji Kashamu, also known as “Eso Jinadu” a wealthy businessman, who is now the latest political figure in the State.
Since its advent, the group has been scheming to penetrate, with the aim to influence the politics of the state towards the 2011 general election
Sources said that although, Kashamu has been around in the state for some time, but not to the consciousness of the political class. To gain strong political footing, the group has launched an empowerment programme for leaders and members of PDP, in the state, distributing motorbikes, cars and other materials. The group’s activities have strong effect at the grassroots level of the Ogun State polity.

With the philanthropic activities of his group, Kashamu is believed to be making an in road into the politics of the state as he now has large followers of party faithful around him singing his praises. He is also believed to have courted and won to his side, some notable politicians in his bid to have control of the state.

However, the activities of Kashamu’s group have continued to attract controversy in the state. The group has not been spared of brickbats flying among political gladiators. His opponents have accused him of using “ill-gotten wealth “to lure unsuspecting people to his side in a bid to achieve his political ambition in the state.
The latest controversy was a document circulated round the state where it was alleged that Kashamu has been declared wanted allegedly by a United States Court.

It was one development that had since raised suspicions and much as questions.
According to the document, copies of which were made available to THISDAY. In March 1994 at O’Hare International Airport, Chicago, Illinois, USA, One Kary Hayes had just arrived town from Zurich in Switzerland bearing a suitcase that contained approximately fourteen pounds of heroin.

This was discovered by the authorities and Hayes was subsequently arrested. When it became clear that he was stuck, Hayes agreed to cooperate with the authorities and therefore revealed that he was just a member of a group of smugglers whose stock in trade was heroin brought into the United States. In the course of investigations, Hayes disclosed the identities of co-conspirators who in turn, volunteered others in the gang and ultimately narrowed down to a business man in Republic of Benin. Kashamu, at the time resided in the Republic of Benin.

The document also alleged that after the prosecution, eleven of the defendants pleaded guilty and the only one to go to trial, Peter Stebbins, was convicted after seven of his co-defendants testified against him. The court also sentenced other defendants to prison terms of varying degrees. The Federal Bureau of Prison records have also indicated that many of the defendants have equally been released from custody, having served their sentences. But in these, two defendants remain at large. One of which was alleged to be Kashamu.

However, as the allegations continue to fly around, Kashamu through his counsel, R. Ajibola Oluyede from TRLPLAW office wrote in defence of his client.
According to a statement from the counsel, copies of which were made available to THISDAY, Oluyede described the allegation as “a merely an argument that is not based on facts”
He denied that any court ever declared Kashamu "wanted" or "a fugitive".

He said “ the allegations pertaining to the alleged offenses committed in the U.S. by the Wolter sisters, Kary Hayes and others was the subject of the two cases in England in which two judgments were delivered exonerating Prince Kashamu.
“The evidence put forward by the U.S Authorities in those suits disclosed that none of the offenders that were arrested and tried in the U.S. mentioned the name "Buruji Kashamu" and/or "Esho Jinadu". They said their accomplice was named "ALAJI". The U.S. Government has not been able to show how they came about the name Buruji Kashamu but it is suspected that they merely the descriptions given and assumed it must be Prince Kashamu. The Courts have since determined that that assumption is wrong”.

Concerning the recent ruling of the District Court in the U.S., the counsel accused the writer of the document of deliberately amending the proceedings and concocts findings that did not exist in the judgment of the court.
“The proceeding in question were commenced by Prince Kashamu based on the two British Judgments and evidence of prosecutorial misconduct on the part of the U.S. Attorney's office, not only to set aside the indictment but to open the door to relief for the injury he has suffered as a result of the false accusations and the prosecutorial misconduct.”

“The ruling is but a temporary hiccup in this process and was a response to a preliminary objection brought to the application on the basis of a doctrine which Kashamu's lawyers says does not apply because Kashamu is not a fugitive. The Judge is being given an opportunity to reconsider because it became obvious after the ruling that he had misperceived that Kashamu was in the U.S. had left to escape prosecution in the U.S. Also the same court had in the recent past found that a person is not a fugitive unless he had been in the U.S. and escaped from the territory to avoid law enforcement agencies or prosecution.”

He further explained that Kashamu as accepted by the U.S. Government has never been in the U.S. in his life and has already been exonerated by a court of competent jurisdiction. There is therefore no basis for the application of this doctrine to stifle his complaints against the U.S. Government.

The counsel also accused Ogun State Government of making efforts to twist the case in order to create a false picture. “The leaders of the State have already rejected the blackmail by solidly backing the empowerment efforts of Prince Kashamu in Ogun State.” .He said
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by mekusxxx: 7:36pm On Dec 23, 2009
chosen04:

So where do we go from here?

The gods are wise grin grin
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2009
r.u.b.b.i.s.h
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by mekusxxx: 8:13pm On Dec 23, 2009
~Bluetooth:

r.u.b.b.i.s.h
Why so??
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2009
Must they wash their dirty linen in the public?
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by mekusxxx: 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Must they wash their dirty linen in the public?

Why not, if there is a dirty linen to be washed? Do you prefer that they cover their dirty linens until the odour is to strong to bear and it eventually implodes on their faces?
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by mamagee3(f): 8:41pm On Dec 23, 2009
*Yawns and dozes off*
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by mekusxxx: 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2009
mama-gee:

*Yawns and dozes off*

With such puke in your face? undecided
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 23, 2009
Puke in her face ke?Mama na fine gal o
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by mekusxxx: 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Puke in her face ke?Mama na fine gal o

Olodo! grin You no understand? I meant with such rottenness and odorous linens oozing from Ogun, she still can yawn and doze.

Wetin concern man pikin with mama-gee face?
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by SEFAGO(m): 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2009
^mekusxx where is your twin, Nchara- has the guy scuttled away from Nairaland, like Ojukwu did during the aftermath of the biafra war

Just asking, I am beginning to miss the presence of ignoramus people on NL
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2009
me sef I havent seen nchara since evidence of his being anti-anambra was produced. grin

although mekush*t did his best to cover for him and indeed launched a spirited nchara defence-alas, nchara has vanished with his Camerounian Igbo wife who used to live in calabar. grin

or is it the other way round-his wife is from the Igbo part of Benue, and has one partly calabar grandfather and Yoruba greatgrandmother grin
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by Katsumoto: 11:38pm On Dec 23, 2009
tpia.:

me sef I havent seen nchara since evidence of his being anti-anambra was produced. grin

although mekush*t did his best to cover for him and indeed launched a spirited nchara defence-alas, nchara has vanished with his Camerounian Igbo wife who used to live in calabar. grin

or is it the other way round-his wife is from the Igbo part of Benue, and has one partly calabar grandfather and Yoruba greatgrandmother grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by Katsumoto: 11:40pm On Dec 23, 2009
SEFAGO:

^mekusxx where is your twin, Nchara- has the guy scuttled away from Nairaland, like Ojukwu did during the aftermath of the biafra war

Mekustribalists' twin is WilyWily. Nchara is not as brazen and brash as those two.
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by mekusxxx: 12:00am On Dec 24, 2009
SEFAGO:

Sefago, Asiwaju of all the Yoruba ignoramuses:

Nchara must be somewhere in Alaigbo now. He did inform all you ofe mmanu  grin people that he was going home and would be touring landmark areas in Alaigbo.

But is that all you have to say about the new g/father of the Sango state?
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by mekusxxx: 12:04am On Dec 24, 2009
Katsumoto:

Mekustribalists' twin is WilyWily. Nchara is not as brazen and brash as those two.

Bullet don hit una, una rumps don expose. So everything wey concern Yoruba (one man, one woman, one town, one state) don turn to tribalism for una eye. Una go defend una self fall inside Ogunpa gutter. Useless anumanus.
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by mekusxxx: 12:07am On Dec 24, 2009
tpia.:

I only put your blackmailer brother Sagamite where he belongs-in the hall of infamy. His inability to substantiate his silly allegation speaks volume and since then, he has been morphing from Sagamite to Ncharra and to eyesonyou. Each time he does, I send him back to the gallows. I have basically run him outta town grin
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by Katsumoto: 12:16am On Dec 24, 2009
mekusxxx:

Bullet don hit una, una rumps don expose. So everything wey concern Yoruba (one man, one woman, one town, one state) don turn to tribalism for una eye. Una go defend una self fall inside Ogunpa gutter. Useless anumanus.

Dude, take it easy; are you not a self-confessed Yoruba hater? You scrounge the Internet daily looking for useless and irrelevant information to use to bash Yoruba people. It is a known fact that you are unable and incapable of objectivity on this forum.

It is what you are and you are obviously proud of it. Should it surprise you that there are people who will not even reason with you because their minds are made up about you just as your mind is made up about other tribes? I will take you more seriously when stop your antagonistic posts and threads aimed at other tribes. For your information, not everyone is bothered about the actions of clueless and visionless politicians in Nigeria. Unlike you, I am wise enough to know that all Nigerian politicians are the same, regardless of tribal or religious affiliations.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by mekusxxx: 12:25am On Dec 24, 2009
Katsumoto:

Dude, take it easy; are you not a self-confessed Yoruba hater? You scrounge the Internet daily looking for useless and irrelevant information to use to bash Yoruba people. It is a known fact that you are unable and incapable of objectivity on this forum.

It is what you are and you are obviously proud of it. Should it surprise you that there are people who will not even reason with you because their minds are made up about you just as your mind is made up about other tribes? I will take you more seriously when stop your antagonistic posts and threads aimed at other tribes. For your information, not everyone is bothered about the actions of clueless and visionless politicians in Nigeria. Unlike you, I am wise enough to know that all Nigerian politicians are the same, regardless of tribal or religious affiliations.

grin grin grin grin grin

The feeling is completely mutual: I don't care if people like you exist and the earlier you stop reading my so called useless articles and commenting on them, the longer you may live. Who cares about a nondescript Katsumoto? Okoko.
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by Katsumoto: 12:35am On Dec 24, 2009
mekusxxx:

The feeling is completely mutual: I don't care if people like you exist and the earlier you stop reading my so called useless articles and commenting on them, the longer you may live. Who cares about a nondescript Katsumoto? Okoko.

Learn to keep your eye on the ball. My post was in response to your allusion that I joined the thread because it was something about Yoruba when I was just joking about you and Wily2 being twins. The comment above was completely redundant and irrelevant to my initial post. I know you do not care about me. Unlike you, I am not crass and will never resort to insults; so I will not respond to your insult.
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by mekusxxx: 12:44am On Dec 24, 2009
^^^^^^

Thunder fire your mouth for your bare-faced lies. You did not insult me, but to you I am:

Yoruba hater -not an insult
incapable of objectivity -not an insult
antagonistic-not an insult
unwise -not an insult

Why don't I believe you are a nondescript im-becile?
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by Katsumoto: 12:49am On Dec 24, 2009
mekusxxx:

^^^^^^

Thunder fire your mouth for your bare-faced lies. You did not insult me, but to you I am:

Yoruba hater -not an insult
incapable of objectivity -not an insult
antagonistic-not an insult
unwise -not an insult

Why don't I believe you are a nondescript im-becile?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD

One wouldn't think that a tribe-basher such as yourself wouldn't be so sensitive.
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by mekusxxx: 12:53am On Dec 24, 2009
^^^^^^
Not when you tell brazen lies, even to yourself.
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by olafolarin(m): 4:07am On Dec 24, 2009
Kashamu has been rigorously tried in a British court that lasted 3 years and was acquitted.
The U.S is just trying to have a hold on his growing popularity.
The same thing they tried and failed with Bola Tinubu.Instead of killing BAT's popularity,he was invited by Obama in Ghana for a breakfast discussion.

These folks should stop finding a blackmailing spot for our politician.
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by mekusxxx: 4:21am On Dec 24, 2009
olafolarin:

Kashamu has been rigorously tried in a British court that lasted 3 years and was acquitted.
The same thing they tried and failed with Bola Tinubu.Instead of killing BAT's popularity,he was invited by Obama in Ghana for a breakfast discussion.

Great news (in bold). So BAT don begin eat for Obama table. Do you care to share a link for this great revelation? Thanks.
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by SEFAGO(m): 9:42am On Dec 24, 2009
Sefago, Asiwaju of all the Yoruba ignoramuses:

Nchara must be somewhere in Alaigbo now. He did inform all you ofe mmanu Grin people that he was going home and would be touring landmark areas in Alaigbo.

But is that all you have to say about the new g/father of the Sango state?

Mekusxx, olodo omoibo x 2, dont worry, unlike people here I have lots of time for you now that it is Christmas. Put your own house in order b4 you start with other people. At least this Godfather was not responsible for the death of a lot of his people like friend ojukwu.

You just stated an oxymoron. What landmark areas are in alaigbo, apart from a couple of shrines, and a large number of prostitution houses.

I.d.i.o.t, supposed PhD in plant science. Anyways, I have an opening in my house for a gardener, so if you need to keep your body and soul togethers, I would be obliged. You know how nice we yoruba people are- you can tell by the millions of people from akwa ibom who do house boy and house girl in lagos in the homes of the upper crust of nigeria- the yoruba and hausas. It is likely you are prolly houseboying at the home of one alhaji, and using the guy's laptop when he is not around- when the cat is not around, the mouses would come and play.
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 24, 2009
RofLmfao,so mekusxxx na houseboy even with his phd in Plant science
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by Katsumoto: 11:14am On Dec 24, 2009
olafolarin:

Stop defending these politicians who are implicitly guilty of mis-management, and corruption, and lacking vision. I don't know who this Kashamu is but it appears from his actions so far that he is not different from the others. What is his purpose? What is he trying to achieve? Why should anyone be aspiring to become a political godfather in any state. Tinubu was in power for 8 years; what did he do for Lagos state? we have seen what Fashola did in 2 years.

Are you a brother to one of these looters or you are just bent on defending any Yoruba politician?
Re: Ogun Gets New Godfather by jupita: 11:37am On Dec 24, 2009
katsumoto,i like you use of words.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Lamido Berates Jonathan Administration / Jonathan’s Chief Boko Haram Negotiator Implicates SAS, Ihejirika As BH Sponsors / Nigeria Urged US And UK To Close Embassy Of Biafra And Voice Of Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.