Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Ooni of Ife and the confusion of Responsibility - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni of Ife and the confusion of Responsibility (844 Views)

Three Generations Of Ooni Of Ife And Their Rolls-royces (PHOTOS) / Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Arrive Canada In Style. Photos / First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni of Ife and the confusion of Responsibility by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 28, 2017
This is to highlight the irresponsibility of our leaders and the hypocrisy of we followers.

I can remember not to long ago when some of our brothers from the west were at the forefront castigating Buhari for traveling round the world while ignoring domestic issues especially the Boko haram killings, fulani herdsmen and the economic downturn,yet these our same brothers have ignored the irresponsible travel of Oba ogunwusi.

This is not suppose to be my business anyways but it is in a way because i have a long history with the ancient town. Just incase you care to know that town is my place of birth(OAUTHC to be specific) and my early life primary,secondary and university was all in ile ife. So yes i am igbo but i rep ile ife to some extent and i always care about what ever happens.

Now this is it, am not even angry at his traveling, my anger is the fact that Ile ife is boiling and the Ooni is nowhere to be found

Former governor of kano state rabiu kwankwaso had the gut to come to ile-ife to demand compensation for the Hausa/Fulani like as if the Fulani have compensated anybody for their several killings

Days later, All the 20 people arrested in the ife crisis are all ife indigenes/yorubas and the Ooni is still no where to be found or has there been any official statement from the Ooni's palace.

What the hell is the Oonirisha (who is the custodian of not just the Yoruba culture but the Yoruba religion vis a vis african religion) doing in a church to the extent of conducting and offering collection. For Christ sake, Ooni is not just a king, royal stool but also a god. Why bow down to the white man's god thereby insulting yourself, your culture/tradition and your god. it is either Ooni is confused or that he doesn't know the extent of the responsibility of his stool or because of his young age, he is still been carried away by the fact that he sitting on a stool he never in his widest dream dreamt of

To make matters worst, he went on bowing down to the british Royalty, Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla.

All this traveling up and down and romancing politicians is unbecoming of a royal father. You hardly see the Oba of Benin, Emir of Kano,Obi of Onitsha or Sultan of Sokoto seek the attention of politicians rather it is the politicians that seek their attention.

Oba Ogunwusi should not belittle his stool because of petty recognition or what ever reason. it is high time he is told to be the royal father that the gods has chosen

please this is not to incite anybody. i want object understanding of my submission devoid of sentiment. Somebody need to tell The Ooni to still his ass down and begin his duty as a royal father.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5050116_20170324121943_jpeg6ac9d9c25f9f8456db996d40b064d6fb
Re: Ooni of Ife and the confusion of Responsibility by profhezekiah: 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2017
If it pains U jump into d lagoon pple of Ile Ife are nt complaining y U,even pple dat their town is close by don't complain of him travelling, bros mind ur business unless U are frm Ile Ife
Re: Ooni of Ife and the confusion of Responsibility by dolphinife: 3:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
All the words you used are so derogatory and uncalled for....
Re: Ooni of Ife and the confusion of Responsibility by BaEnki(m): 8:23am On Mar 30, 2017
@xharder, you renders your valid points invalid by resulting to using some fowl terms in expressing them. Always critisise logically and constructively.

The lesson; Always respect your elders no matter what, its a core moral value.

@Profhezekiah
You seems to have forgotten what the Ooni stool encompasses, He's not just a king to Ile Ife people as you thought but a king to all Yoruba race and descendants all over the world.

The number one priority of Ooni is to protect and promote our culture and our people, He's exporting our culture to the western world with His travellings, I only wish he hadn't give credence to the Jewish god and the god-son.

Anyways He's an enlightened one, he knows the politics that's attached with religion all over the world.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Party Stew / Is Feminism Bad? / Funny Pre-wedding Picture That Will Make Your Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.