Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Senators Plot To Suspend Ndume For Moving A Motion To Investigate Saraki & Dino - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Plot To Suspend Ndume For Moving A Motion To Investigate Saraki & Dino (525 Views)

Saraki, Dino,others At Yaradua Center Abuja For World Conference By Atiku (Pics) / Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out / Senate Committee Recommends Suspension Of Ndume For 6 Months, Clears Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators Plot To Suspend Ndume For Moving A Motion To Investigate Saraki & Dino by justiz5(m): 6:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
Senators plot to suspend Ndume for moving a motion to investigate Saraki and Melaye

Author: Adeola Opeyemi

Senator Ali Ndume, representing Borno South is reportedly about to get himself in trouble for moving a motion that led to the investigation of Bukola Saraki and Dino Melaye. NAIJ.comhas gathered that there is an alleged ongoing plot by the Senate to suspend Senator Ndume over his motion that led to investigation against Senate President Bukola Saraki and Senator Dino Melaye (APC, Kogi West).

Daily Trust reports that Ndume, who was the former majority leader, made a motion last week notifying the Senate of media reports alleging that the Senate was on vengeance against the Customs Comptroller-General, Hamid Ali over a seized SUV car allegedly belonging to Saraki.

[img]https://i.onthe.io/vllkyt5t8f08ntipb.d41f445f.jpg[/img]

The senators are reportedly plotting to suspend senator Ali Ndume after he raised a point of order to investigate Senate President Saraki and Senator Melaye. He also said that there were reports that Senator Melaye did not graduate from Ahmadu Bello University and has been brandishing a fake certificate.

Although Senator Melaye has been cleared of this allegation by the Vice Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, and Senator Saraki is still underway, the Senate seems to be out to take revenge on Ndume. An unnamed senator who spoke with Daily Trust said it would be difficult for Ndume to survive the plot.

[img]https://i.onthe.io/vllkyt9mefp8j40os.d87abff1.jpg[/img]

Ndume has defended himself saying he called the motion so as to protect the integrity of the Senate.

The senator reportedly said: “We are not happy with him at all. He is on self destruction and it is the wish of many of us that he should be suspended. "Another Senator said with the revelations at the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions, Ndume is on the verge of being suspended.

He said: “All the allegations he raised turned out to be false. There is no need for collation of signatures. It is just a voice vote that is required. His would be worse than that of Abdulmumini Jibrin (suspended at the House last year). "When he was contacted, Senator Ndume said he was aware of a plot against him but he is not worried.

“I’m aware of it but I’m not worried. Even when they were plotting to remove me as Senate Leader, I knew it but I wasn’t worried.

”Meanwhile, Ndume while speaking at the Senate said hehold no grudges against the two Senator's but he raise the motion for the two senators to be investigated so as to protect the integrity of the Senate. He said there is nothing personal in the motion to investigate and clear all allegations.

He said:“I raised a point of order. It is not personal, if there is anything that border on theintegrity. Here we are that it has been proved beyond reasonable doubt that Melaye is a graduate.

https://politics.naij.com/1096204-senators-plot-suspend-ndume-moving-a-motion-investigate-saraki-melaye.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9834199207
Re: Senators Plot To Suspend Ndume For Moving A Motion To Investigate Saraki & Dino by kizzyblazee: 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2017
May the plot thicken like the thick obgono soup of mama Nkiru my neighbour.

1 Like

Re: Senators Plot To Suspend Ndume For Moving A Motion To Investigate Saraki & Dino by Kutis2030(m): 8:34pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ok
Re: Senators Plot To Suspend Ndume For Moving A Motion To Investigate Saraki & Dino by orunto27: 8:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
dume is Judas.
Re: Senators Plot To Suspend Ndume For Moving A Motion To Investigate Saraki & Dino by orunto27: 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ndume is Judas. He should be suspended.

(1) (Reply)

Ozekhome Vs Ozekhome / No Rift Between Senate, Presidency – Saraki / Proceeding Of The Nigerian Senate Of Wednesday 5th April, 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.